Are U F-ing kidding me? $11300 Urraco

Peter K

wow, that one is close to me, I remember seeing it and not interested as I thought it would bid to at least $20K even in today's market, but if I had known that roughly $11K would have bought it, I would probably have bought it, then asked myself WTF am I going to do with it now? :eusa_wall:

I would probably have bought it, then asked myself WTF am I going to do with it now? :eusa_wall:

LOL, I thought I was the only one who does that! :icon_mrgreen:

Actually Peter, the bottom just dropped out on Urracos. What ever you do, don't buy one :) .

:shock: :lol2:

If Udo sells a car, it is time to buy that model of car. :icon_mrgreen:

This is for the non owners on this board:

This car is a great example on how to become a Lamborghini owner. Urracos are great car and look fairly simple to work on. This peticular car could be a stepping stone. With a little bit of work and a couple of years this car could make you some money and move on to other models.

I should've watched this car as I would bought this one too.

D'oh! Why did I have to miss this one? What a great deal on a car you can drive the crap out of and not worry you are hurting its value. Hope the buyer is someone on here.

fcuk, I would have bought it sight unseen for that much. Standing offer, $15k for any Lamborghini any condition that runs. :)

i am surprised you missed it guys...a real deal imo (even with the not original engine!)

i REALLY thought about getting it but i had enough of import-registry problems for the moment

if it would have been an euro seller otherwise....

I did not see that.

$11K, is motorcycle money.

I like the kewl original interior.

D'oh! Why did I have to miss this one? What a great deal on a car you can drive the crap out of and not worry you are hurting its value. Hope the buyer is someone on here.

we could have co purchased it and the wives would never had known.

we could have co purchased it and the wives would never had known.

:icon_mrgreen: Funny, I had the same conversation with two of my car buddies at work. Keep your eyes open.

Why do you guys keep saying that the car did not have the correct motor. I may be wrong but it is my understanding that towards the end of Urraco production when the P111 USA car was being made it was tagged on the back as a P300 and had the P300 hood and other P300 upgrades but retained the early motor with air pump and other emissions items. That car on Ebay was a P111 car. I think it is correct.

Joe Frazar

That is not a P-111, which superficially looked like a P-300 but had an emission motor with single coil distributor, and recessed side marker lights and a different rear bumper.

This is a Bob Grossman special, which were both P-111 and P-300 cars which were supposed to be fitted with the 3 liter motor courtesy of Lenny’s in Toronto…the EPA caught wind of this and Bob paid a big fine and the cars remained as is.

The only one which made it through to the US [long before the grey market] was a gold car in Michigan # 20152.

Paul

Why do you guys keep saying that the car did not have the correct motor. I may be wrong but it is my understanding that towards the end of Urraco production when the P111 USA car was being made it was tagged on the back as a P300 and had the P300 hood and other P300 upgrades but retained the early motor with air pump and other emissions items. That car on Ebay was a P111 car. I think it is correct.

Joe Frazar

This is for the non owners on this board:

This car is a great example on how to become a Lamborghini owner. Urracos are great car and look fairly simple to work on. This peticular car could be a stepping stone. With a little bit of work and a couple of years this car could make you some money and move on to other models.

I should've watched this car as I would bought this one too.

I agree because that's what I did. I saw one at a car event in San Diego and then later bought/ refurbished one. I sold it, made a few bucks then bought a Ferrari Boxer. I met the last owner about a year ago, but I don't know if he still has it.

basically the P111,P117 and late P300 share similar chasiss numbers that differs from the early P250 cars. you can tell the later cars by the roll hoop near back window.

the car sold on ebay used to brown and was purchased in the 80's in NY. its a P111 with various P300 parts (door panel, shift gate, seats, hood vent etc.) or one can say its P300 with a 2.5 in it. I wouldnt call any urraco a P300 or P3000 without a quad cam 3.0L in it.

its strange that puny canada had so many 3.0 urracos especially in BC, ONT, QE when compared to the US. during its day, I would say there were more 3.0 cars up there than the usa. they didnt required run with the 5MPH bumpers then but a few of them had the P111 bumpers anyway. The “Bob Grossman special” explanation makes a lot of sense to me now...

i reckon late in the production run they essentially put what ever part they had on the cars to move them out of the factory during the harsh economic times. You often find cars with a mish match of parts.

jesse I think your car was another weird anomaly... it seems to be a P250 that was converted to usa specs with P111 parts in it. the motor seem to be more akin to a P250 if memory serves. Im not sure how much of this was done outside of the factory. I think Gary P still owns it.

urracos are cool, technically fascinating, under appreciated cars but to think you can flip them to make money on them is a bit reaching. most V8 owners lose there shirts on them. if something serious happens to that fragile motor god forbid. you often see dead V8 cars without the financial means or parts to get them going again. Having said that they sure are inspiring cars to drive especially the 3.0 cars.