How much money

Guest skokos

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would say $20,000,000. Though I would be quite happy with $10MM earning just 5%

Put it in something safe like Bernie's company...

would you need to feel totally secure that you could live a life style where you had everything you want,big house,exotic cars,toys,vacations,boats Etc..now obviously you could go out and spend 50 million on a yacht but im talking about having enough money for all of the great perks of life and feeling like you could do anything you wanted at any time. For me i think i could feel like that at 30 million. How about you?

About $50B is fine by me. But I came from poverty so I can live off of $10.00 if I need to. Not that I'd like to, though... :)

Are you only talking about how much it would cost to buy all the toys

or

the toys plus how much you would need to live per year with all those toys and the life style?

Whatever you have its never enough and the more you have the more you will worry about it and the less you enjoy it.

However comically I have heard that in monetary terms, enough, is the ability to be able to maintain your own private army.

Sorry to put a downer on this but as the doctors have said my wife has less than three months to live I would GIVE 200 billion to find a cure for breast cancer ( if I had it )

Sorry to put a downer on this but as the doctors have said my wife has less than three months to live I would GIVE 200 billion to find a cure for breast cancer ( if I had it )

I struggled with this question for a long time, realisticly to live my dream life 20 k a month passive income is all I really need. That is with no debt. An over abundance of toys, cars and other materialistic items does not bring me happiness. A decent 2500 sf house in OC, an exotic, a few other toys and a healthy stress free lifestyle is all I really want.

I am very sorry to hear that, best of luck.

My youngest brother age 16 is undergoing chemo for Hodgkins Lymphoma, fortunately the outlook looks very positive.

Although I know how to live off $100 a week (been there), and don't ever want to be there again;

I'd say $30 Million a year income with a $5 Billion Net worth.

These are some ridiculous answers. $1B? I'd be willing to bet that no one could spend $1B realistically, even if they tried. Hell, even $100MM would be no easy task unless you are just trying to spend for the sake of spending.

$5MM is more than enough I think. I probably don't spend even $100K a year. And I do everything that I want. Not sure that I could even spend $100K/month well even if I tried. The things I place most value on in life come at little to no expense.

And those that say money can buy happiness, probably don't have any.

These are some ridiculous answers. $1B? I'd be willing to bet that no one could spend $1B realistically, even if they tried.

I could do it quite easily.

$400M - Yacht

$250M - Boeing 787 Dream Jet

$150M - Cars/Trucks/Motorhomes

$200M - Houses

That would be my first month's expenditures.

These are some ridiculous answers. $1B? I'd be willing to bet that no one could spend $1B realistically, even if they tried. Hell, even $100MM would be no easy task unless you are just trying to spend for the sake of spending.

$5MM is more than enough I think. I probably don't spend even $100K a year. And I do everything that I want. Not sure that I could even spend $100K/month well even if I tried. The things I place most value on in life come at little to no expense.

And those that say money can buy happiness, probably don't have any.

I refer to that type of money encompassing the ability to make a difference around the world as well as having a legacy to last multiple generations that follow in my family. In THAT sense, one can EASILY spend Billions for charity and medical, agricultural and technological breakthroughs. Philanthropy and Legacy Creation (and its nice to have your name on a building or two, :) )

I can also tell you having NO money isn't quite as fun as having it. At a certain point it becomes a point of pride in what's been accomplished. You've heard about Larry Ellison's (Oracle) quest to be the richest man in the world? How competitive he is to get to the top. Whatever motivates one I say...

I could do it quite easily.

$400M - Yacht

$250M - Boeing 787 Dream Jet

$150M - Cars/Trucks/Motorhomes

$200M - Houses

That would be my first month's expenditures.

Yep, I'm right there with you.

2nd month:

$20M - A badass Helicopter for the Yacht

$500M - Commercial Real Estate around the world

$480M - Gates Foundation

$300M - Incubation and development of Start-up Bio-tech and Renewable Energy Companies

$400M - Fixed Income Investment for Generational Wealth

$250M - Art

$50M - To Live well Debt Free the rest of the year.

$3 Billion spoken for after 2 months.

Yep, I'm right there with you.

2nd month:

$500M - Commercial Real Estate around the world

$500M - Gates Foundation

$300M - Incubation and development of Start-up Bio-tech and Renewable Energy Companies

$400M - Fixed Income Investment for Generational Wealth

$250M - Art

$50M - To Live well Debt Free the rest of the year.

$2 Billion spoken for after 2 months.

3rd Month:

$750M - Great Dane Shelter, Rescue, and Medical Research Foundation (will service all animals though) :icon_thumleft:

$250M - Gifted to friends, family, etc.

Interesting topic Rob, everyone here has thought about it at least once in awhile.

With respect to the $1 Billion being enough....I used to think until recently that it seemed ludicrous to want more, but don't think so anymore. Michael Bloomberg became mayor of New York in 2002 and has since seen his net worth rise from single digit billions to double digit billions in exchange for his $1/year salary. And now he's been pushing for a 3rd term aggressively; obviously he wants more.

I think $15-20 mill is a nice starting figure to shoot for in today's dollars for those living in the big US cities.

Interesting topic Rob, everyone here has thought about it at least once in awhile.

With respect to the $1 Billion being enough....I used to think until recently that it seemed ludicrous to want more, but don't think so anymore. Michael Bloomberg became mayor of New York in 2002 and has since seen his net worth rise from single digit billions to double digit billions in exchange for his $1/year salary. And now he's been pushing for a 3rd term aggressively; obviously he wants more.

I think $15-20 mill is a nice starting figure to shoot for in today's dollars for those living in the big US cities.

I could definitely be content with $15-$20 Mil a year.