Scary News From Nissan

57udl3y

Article with full warranty information at the bottom

Cliffs: Adding, replacing, reprogramming, attempting to reprogram, altering or disconnecting any computer, control unit, or electronic module or deleting any or all stored information in any computer, control unit, or electronic module, or denying access to any data or information stored in any computer, control unit, or electronic module VOIDS ALL COVERAGE under the 2010 Nissan GT-R New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

No Operating the GT-R on a dynamometer

No use any on use on a track or airstrip

"Wow.. Looks like I’m just a passenger and Nissan is telling me how to drive my car. And I think we know about the “glass transmission issues.”

Same thing from Mitsu on the Evolution. These cars are pretenders from a manufacturer standpoint, the equivalent of Oldsmobile suddenly fielding an Indy car and screaming about how everyone is going too fast and should slow down below 100mph in races. :icon_mrgreen:

Their bean-counters and management just aren't used to playing at this level and understanding what the consumer truly wants from a performance car when they write that check (dyno runs, 1/4 mile runs, etc).

The GTR is a fcuking FRAUD!!! Who the hell wants to pay 80G's for a car that as soon as you use it for anything its "supposedly" meant to be for you void the warranty and have to deal with these exorbinant costs. Its a cool car, but I was next to one on the highway and it just looks chunky. But hearing shit like this makes me think its pathetic.

The GTR is a fcuking FRAUD!!! Who the hell wants to pay 80G's for a car that as soon as you use it for anything its "supposedly" meant to be for you void the warranty and have to deal with these exorbinant costs. Its a cool car, but I was next to one on the highway and it just looks chunky. But hearing shit like this makes me think its pathetic.

Did someone say chunky? :icon_mrgreen:

post-19592-1239320372_thumb.jpg

post-19592-1239320387_thumb.jpg

Fatty fat fat, Bigger is obviously not better. It is so stupid to fuch over these owners with such limiting warranties. Just build a car that won't blow up, how's that for a concept?

Finally saw a GT-R in person for the first time earlier this week, in NYC. I only managed to notice it because of how loud it was.

Anyone have sales numbers on this thing?

Article with full warranty information at the bottom

Cliffs: Adding, replacing, reprogramming, attempting to reprogram, altering or disconnecting any computer, control unit, or electronic module or deleting any or all stored information in any computer, control unit, or electronic module, or denying access to any data or information stored in any computer, control unit, or electronic module VOIDS ALL COVERAGE under the 2010 Nissan GT-R New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

No Operating the GT-R on a dynamometer

No use any on use on a track or airstrip

Ridiculous :rolleyes: :jackoff:

Why not just stick a governor on it and limit it to 65mph

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Did someone say chunky? :icon_mrgreen:

post-19592-1239320372_thumb.jpg

post-19592-1239320387_thumb.jpg

Hold on a sec, the evo at the back seems just as big as the new GTR, and I thought the R34 and Evo were about the same size, surely the R34 has been shrunk?

If not, then indeed holy shit!!

And R34 is not even any small car either. 500hp+, hyped nurburgring record time mated to glass drivetrain and bs warranty.

I would nominate GT-R outrighteus winner for following title: Most poser mobile of the century enforced by carcompany.

Holy shit, I said chunky not even realizing just how fat that hog is! I would much rather have the R34. Nissan has essentially made it possible for them to dispute ANY warranty claim. You could have it sitting in your garage and something could go wrong and I'm sure they ahve written some rule in there that because you let it sit in your garage for 48 hours without starting it and because a cat sat on the hood the warranty is voided completely. What a joke....

what manufacturer DOES warrantly modifications though?

This isn't about them not providing service on modded cars. It's about you blowing up that glass transmission at a 1/4 mile track and Nissan saying in a perfect "Bill Lumberg" voice:

"Ummmm yeaaaaah, we're gonna have to...go ahead and deny your warranty claim ok? Greaaat. The ECU says you were at full throttle and shifting at redline which means you were racing....riiiiiiight. Ok, thaaaaanks."

lumbergh1.jpg

Just wait...the V-spec is going to be even faster on the N-ring. lol...who cares!

Nissan is trying to sell this car at a price point where people buy sports cars to beat on them (Plastic mess-06, Viper, 911's). but the GTR is allergic to hard driving and they dont stand behind what its all hyped up to be. Its like a super model who doesnt deliver the goods...except the GTR is fat...lol

Holy shit, I said chunky not even realizing just how fat that hog is! I would much rather have the R34. Nissan has essentially made it possible for them to dispute ANY warranty claim. You could have it sitting in your garage and something could go wrong and I'm sure they ahve written some rule in there that because you let it sit in your garage for 48 hours without starting it and because a cat sat on the hood the warranty is voided completely. What a joke....

Hahhahaha! :icon_mrgreen:

Can't get over the pic of how much bigger the GTR is over the R34 so I did some homework.

I'm calling BS on that pic --- it's Photoshopped using the Perspective adjustment.

Here are the spec of both the GTR & the R34 (sorry for the bad pics). Yes, it's 110mm wider but that pic shows more than the actual 4.3" diff between the 2 cars. And look at the wheels, I'm quite sure the R34 has 18" while the GTR is 20"; again, the two wheels on that pics shows a much bigger diff than 2".

Here is a more accurate pic on the difference in sizes between the last 4 generations of GTR's.

And I'm not defending the GTR at all. I like the R34 WAY better!

GTR_History__35_.jpg

GTR_History__43_.jpg

2003695556150164050_rs.jpg

Uhhhhh....from those bottom pics the R35 GTR looks just as much fatter then the R34 from that picture. That thing is huge!

This isn't about them not providing service on modded cars. It's about you blowing up that glass transmission at a 1/4 mile track and Nissan saying in a perfect "Bill Lumberg" voice:

"Ummmm yeaaaaah, we're gonna have to...go ahead and deny your warranty claim ok? Greaaat. The ECU says you were at full throttle and shifting at redline which means you were racing....riiiiiiight. Ok, thaaaaanks."

I guess at this price point then, a Plastic mess-06 is the only other alternative. Or optionally a used 996, but that car would be somewhat old now.

Uhhhhh....from those bottom pics the R35 GTR looks just as much fatter then the R34 from that picture. That thing is huge!

:iamwithstupid:

it still looks just as big to me