LM002 pickup version

cowchaser

Recently somebody sent me his entire Lamborghini info collection in a big file box. Unfortunately this guy is ill with uncertain recovery prognosis. He sent everything to me to keep the collection together.

Loads of info including some strange facts I never heard of before.

One thing mentioned is a 2-seater LM002 (pickup version). Any of you guys every heard of that ?

BTW I think it will take me months to sort out all the articles, pictures, advertisements etc.... A real treasure I should say....

Will post when I find something interesting of course...

Wouldn't surprise me. What the Arab world can get manufacturers to make, especially back in the day, a 2-seater wouldn't surprise me.

Hell, a 12 seater wouldn't surprise me!

I have never heard of a 2 seat LM002 Truck but I have heard of the LM002 Estate.

from Lambocars.com:

"this LM002 was converted into an Estate version by a Turin based Salvatore Diomante, who ownes a bodyshop there. A wealthy customer ordered him to built a closed cover over the rear open deck of his LM002, with a raised roof this car is very roomy on the inside and the overall look isn't too bad either.

Currently this car has been seen in the UK, finished in a silver metallic color over a black leather interior.

There has been a rumour that a six-wheel version of the LM was constructed for a customer in the Middle-East, but I haven't been able to confirm this yet."

lm002Estate.jpg

lm002spr.jpg

the two seat LM sounds cool, I like small ish 'jeep' type rigs, especially one with a Lambo V-12 :shock: :headbang:

I think this is the one you are talking about... special built for Brunei...

I will look through the file to see if I can find any pics of the 2-seater.

post-6543-1239801861_thumb.jpg

post-6543-1239801869_thumb.jpg

post-6543-1239801875_thumb.jpg

post-6543-1239801886_thumb.jpg

post-6543-1239801893_thumb.jpg

post-6543-1239801899_thumb.jpg

post-6543-1239801906_thumb.jpg

post-6543-1239801912_thumb.jpg

post-6543-1239801919_thumb.jpg

post-6543-1239801926_thumb.jpg

post-6543-1239801935_thumb.jpg

post-6543-1239801941_thumb.jpg

post-6543-1239801947_thumb.jpg

post-6543-1239801954_thumb.jpg

Damn...i think that looks pretty damn sick!

Still wonder what's inside the bags in the back :)

When you look at the pics taken from the side it seems the weight distribution is shifted to the back :D

So are you thinking about doing this conversion to yours?! :lol2:

LOL

Yeah let's make it a Brunei Estate 6-wheel pickup version....

Might throw in a swimming pool while I'm at it... :D

There's always bigger..... 4 axle hummer.... ;)

http://www.gearfuse.com/wp-content/uploads...r-limo-1_48.jpg

more here...

http://www.uphaa.com/blog/index.php/15-str...ound-the-world/

But lets not compare the LM002 to these monstrous limo's...

LOL

Yeah let's make it a Brunei Estate 6-wheel pickup version....

Might throw in a swimming pool while I'm at it... :D

I think a hot tub would be more then enough! Its not like its going to hurt the value of it! HAHA

ive seen the pic up.. it was siting in the same show room in dubai that roy bought the missing red american spec diablo se30 from.. it had some wierd pickish color on the out side... i even offered to buy the can but they wouldnt sell.. the sayed it was for show only... o dont know were the pic is now this was ages ago.....

There is a pick-up LM002, I've seen a photo, which shows the car in part, parked next to a red SE30. I'll try and dig it out and post it. Have no idea what the chassi number is though.

ive seen the pic up.. it was siting in the same show room in dubai that roy bought the missing red american spec diablo se30 from.. it had some wierd pickish color on the out side... i even offered to buy the can but they wouldnt sell.. the sayed it was for show only... o dont know were the pic is now this was ages ago.....

There is a pick-up LM002, I've seen a photo, which shows the car in part, parked next to a red SE30. I'll try and dig it out and post it. Have no idea what the chassi number is though.

My LM002 datasheet in the file indicates the car was blue, should be some pic in the file box as well but still didn't find it. Too much info still to be researched...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've finally found it, the picture which shows, in part at least, the two-door LM002. It was in a Dubai showroom and the picture came from the guy who was selling the red SE30. Sorry it's taken a while, but sorting out a job application and other life issues have taken a priority.

LM002_2_door_with_DiabloSE30.jpg

Well, I've finally found it, the picture which shows, in part at least, the two-door LM002. It was in a Dubai showroom and the picture came from the guy who was selling the red SE30. Sorry it's taken a while, but sorting out a job application and other life issues have taken a priority.

Thanks for sharing... great info. Do you know if the car is still "alive" ?

I'm pretty sure I should have a pic of it as well. Will try and find it after I'm back from my trip in China.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally... found some time to sift through the file box.

Took me quite a while to find the 2-seater. Only couples of lines of text in the magazine article mentioning that this would be the final LM002 version in '88 and that now Lamborghini could claim to make the fastest transport vehicle in the world as well.

The pics that are included with the article are post-stamp sized only. Did my best to scan in high-res and photoshop them to into something watchable..

It's clearly visible the car has an open top.

post-6543-1243109701_thumb.jpg

Finally... found some time to sift through the file box.

Took me quite a while to find the 2-seater. Only couples of lines of text in the magazine article mentioning that this would be the final LM002 version in '88 and that now Lamborghini could claim to make the fastest transport vehicle in the world as well.

The pics that are included with the article are post-stamp sized only. Did my best to scan in high-res and photoshop them to into something watchable..

It's clearly visible the car has an open top.

Many thanks for sharing these, it's really interesting to see how the whole car looks at last. It is difficult to know if it is the Countach or the Diablo engined version of the LM002 as the hood scoops appear quite high, but perhaps not high enough for the Countach engine. What was the publication the images appeared in?