How to find a trusted jeweler?

sprite

I have a bracelet that needs a missing diamond replaced. However, the bracelet has 23 karats of F color VVS diamonds so I'm not too comfortable just leaving it with any jeweler. Any suggestions?

I have the perfect guy for you. He will pick it up from you via armored carrier and get it back to you I am sure. If you want me to get him in touch with you let me know.

I have the perfect guy for you. He will pick it up from you via armored carrier and get it back to you I am sure. If you want me to get him in touch with you let me know.

How about Bobby at East Coast?

Where is he located? I normally would just find a local jeweler, but we the economy the way it is and the scams you see for example car dealers pull it's hard to trust anyone these days.

Same guy Bill is referring to. Name is Bobby Yampolsky. Largest AP dealer in the country. You want his number let me know. I have, and I am sure as does Bill, the ability to give out his cell number to you. He is the shit. Has 3 locations in Deerfield Beach, Ft Lauderdale and one on Worth Ave in Palm Beach Island. Call me at 404-643-6603 or text me and I will give it to you. Sprite, you should know him as you buy a lot of AP product and there is NO ONE BETTER!!!

• 4 months later...

Can one of you guys who have Bobby's email send him this and let me know if they are able to fix it. I've taken it to several places now and they won't touch it because it's a pain in the ass. It's missing 3 diamonds and they all say they won't reset invisible set diamonds.

bracelet.jpg

Can one of you guys who have Bobby's email send him this and let me know if they are able to fix it. I've taken it to several places now and they won't touch it because it's a pain in the ass. It's missing 3 diamonds and they all say they won't reset invisible set diamonds.

bracelet.jpg

Too bad you dont live near me in Louisiana or I would fix it for you. Master jeweler for 24 years now (my wife loves me)

Yes a lot of jewelers will not touch invisible setting. They are a pain to fix. The stones have to be the exact size and cut.

My suggestion is go to a jewelery store that has been in business for a long time. Most major chains dont have their own jeweler and just have someone who picks up their repairs and brings them back. Ask the store if they do their own repairs and have an "in house" jeweler. Look to see if they sell any invisible set jewelry. If they sell it, its a good chance that they are used to repairing it (as the stones will come out).

I have had a few jewelers ask me to teach them how to fix invisible settings, but why should I give out my secerets and education just so they can be as good as me.....lol

Jewelers get a bad rep like lawyers.....most are trustible and honest, but there are a few that give us a bad name. Just look for a store that others recomend and has been in business for a while and has their own jeweler.

I will get it from him on MOnday and send him this. Also, if you are in Atlanta, you know that Brown and Co has one of the premiere in store jewelry design and repair facilities in the country. Their shit is TOP notch. I am sure they could do it too.