Cost of a 6.0

spiderblue

I'm considering picking up a Diablo 6.0 in the very near future. With the economy in the tank, can anyone shed some light on what I should be paying for a mint 6.0 with about 15,000 miles?

Wow, if that's the case, I'd be getting a good deal. It's hard to believe that the prices are still relatively maintaining in this economy. I've seen a lot of good deals on Roadsters lately, but not so much on the 6.0s.

That might be because Roy Cats is trying to corner the market on them to uphold their value. LOL. But you might be surprised what people will take if you come strong.

Asking price and taking price are different. ;) Then again, there arent many 6.0's to choose from, by the time you find the color combination with mileage you want and with no stories you arent left with more than a handful, but still, be patient.

That might be because Roy Cats is trying to corner the market on them to uphold their value. LOL. But you might be surprised what people will take if you come strong.

Sad but true all the while bragging online that he pays $110k for them... If you want some idea of what they're really worth, call dealers and tell them you have the car that your looking at for sale then see what they'll pay for it.

color plays the major factor, orange one is about 160 to 170, yellow is about 150 to 160, siver one could go down to 130 to 140.

What about blue or white?

What about blue or white?

AFAIK, there's only one original white 6.0 in the 'states. (Roy is repainting another)

For the blue cars, well, it depends on which blue...

Don't forget about mileage. Below 10K easily adds $10K. Near 20K and you almost have to give them away. No matter the color. Good maintenance doesn't seem to matter either.

Say what you want about garage queens but they rule.

PUHLEEZE! They may rule for resale, but they suck for everything else.

Don't forget about mileage. Below 10K easily adds $10K. Near 20K and you almost have to give them away. No matter the color. Good maintenance doesn't seem to matter either.

I dont know what you base your opinion, but what you say does not matter......does.

maintenance does not matter?

Color does not matter?

at 20K mileage you have to give the car away?

Garage queens rule?

I find fault with all of these.

I figured there'd be a difference of opinion, but for the average buyer a low mileage car gives a Psychological sense of new, and that no money will need to be spent on it because everything is new. I mean you can't find fault with the logic, and it holds true with any car. I always buy no story garage queens, and have never been sorry. Now I make the history. I've also never done a PPI on a car, and knock on wood, never been bit.

OK, sometimes you buy one, start driving it and everything falls apart. How often does that happen? I still maintain MILEAGE is the number one factor for most buyers.

Near 20K and you almost have to give them away. No matter the color.

"NEAR 20K"? What planet you from? That would mean that in the near distant future that nearly ALL 6.0's will be nearly worthless. Yeah - right. :eusa_doh: I suppose that people with high milage early Diablos have to pay people to take them away.

Every buyer is not like you. At some point in time there's somebody for almost eveytning. We've all seen it cars, boats, whatever sold for a price that makes us say I'd never pay that.

I would rather drive a well maintained high mileage Diablo than a rotting garage queen without maintenance. Most garage queens sit, go unmaintained because the owner feels that the maintenance should be done on mileage and not age. So every time you spark up your queen, she has old oil, old coolant, old gas.

Cars driven tend to drive better.

OK, let's define a queen.

There's (2) 97 roadsters on E-Bay 2K miles, and 4K miles. Obviously queens. Should these cars be avoided? Hardly. Have all the fluids changed, maybe the battery, tires.

Now for the sake of argument, there's the same car with 20K miles with it's rock chips, slightly more wear on the interior, but with perfect maintenance. All other things being equal, which one's worth more? Which one would you buy? If money isn't an object, Is the low mileage car worth $10K more?

How many years does it take, and how few miles for a car to deteriorate from sitting? How much money has to be put in them to make them right? How bout that red 94' SE Roy had on his site with about 1,200 miles, is that scary? (no Roy comments please, focus on the car :) )

I guess most of this depends on the perception of the buyer,

Incidentally, don't take my comment so literal about a 20K mile car being worthless. Maybe it's 20-30K miles where the value falls through the floor, but there's a threshold for sure. We're talking Lambo's here not Honda's. And obviously as the car ages more miles allowed. Again Psychological.

Didn't think I'd have to go to this extreme to make a simple point, but it makes for a good debate.

give me a good, well kept, silver 30k miles 6.0 for a good price,

i won't pay 40k or even more for a orange 2k miles garage queen

from my personal experience, my 30K mile Diablo accelerates faster, shits smoother, and runs better than the garage queen that had 26k less miles. go figure.

Value is determined by whether you feel you got what you paid for, so drive the damn car.

If you are so concerned with miles, maintenance costs, etc. ... do not buy the car. Be a PURIST and revel in the ability to experience the design and engineering, not the show your friends your 3600LB peice of furniture in your garage. I have, as many on this board have, owned many different marques of exotic and exotic related cars and if you do not hold it for the majority of your life, for collector reasons, you will probably get bored with "looking at it" and sell it before collectibility has come near.

Ask ANY mechanic about a "queen" purchase vs. a well maintained, documented and DRIVEN car ... which one will they take? I'll bet the second choice.

What made these cars cost 300K was the exclusivity, design and engineering ... why give up the experience of the engineering to have a "live" poster???? Never understood that mentality. Sitting in these cars, or others of similar make, doing 55MPH and putting around town is the guarantee of problems to whoever tries to actually drive the car to any degree of its capability. As far as the "change fluids and battery" comment, how about the seals, and rubber hosing, separation and sludge buildup of the various fluids in the total car ... all motors, steering, shocks, fuel systems, etc??

Focus on what allows you to produce the means necessary to owns these ... if you are too concerned with making back the money you spent, you won't ... factor inflation, reinvestment risk, etc. do the math ... kind of like driving 200MPH and staring in the rearview mirror.

Kind of strange to read threads like this for a brand that signifies edge of envelope performance, only to read that everyone is afraid to experience it, so they do not lose $$. Ever buy a yacht, plane, nice watch etc??? how did that work out for you financially or did you not look at that because you paid for the value, fun or convenience that it offered?

Whatever the main reason for purchase ... you decide how you want to define value.

Again, just my opinion.

Best,

Sandstrs

Just so there's no confusion. Once I buy the queen doesn't mean it's going to stay that way. I'm going to take advantage of the other guy's stupidity that never experienced the car. You can't do it in traffic, or in short trips.

My roadster had sludge built up in the brake fluid reservoir. Had it cleaned and flushed. Good as new. Now I keep it that way. As far as hoses and belts? cheap and easy to replace. Seals are another story.

As far as describing the type of guy that buys but never drives? God bless him, more car for me to use up the next time I'm shopping. These cars are still worth a premium IMO.

As far as describing the type of guy that buys but never drives? God bless him, more car for me to use up the next time I'm shopping.

:lol2:

Here's a case where low mileage would actually work against the car.

What percentage of these "low mileage" cars are just that? I suspect a good percentage of these cars have had some sort of Ferris Bueller like incident in their past...

Here's a case where low mileage would actually work against the car.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;j...mp;aff=national

Obviously has no upgrades, and I would expect things to fail one by one. What's it worth with upgrades, without upgrades?

arent you contradicting your previous position?

I would say a lot of these cars with so little mileage do not have upgrades.

I had such a car when I purchased at 2500 miles. I was told that it had a new clutch (who knows why) and that the tensioners were done (without documentation) so I did not believe the dealer. But my car still had things wrong with it, even though it had few miles. Dumb stuff.

I think its purely a crapshoot. Even with the best of service, things can go wrong. With no service nothing goes wrong. You do upgrades and you still have problems. Do no upgrades and run trouble free. Each car was hand built, which leads to human error.

I dont know, being on the both sides of the fence, I always felt with the garage queen that each mile took value away, with my current car, I dont care. I have 54,000 kilometers and 10000 wont kill it.