Progress pictures of Alex's Superleggera build

I'm glad you are liking the black finish. Honestly it would be my personal preference because it will look very factory when completed. The polished set up looks great as well but it's nice to see something different every now and then.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh Huh

:thefinger:

And, there will be plenty more of where that came from, soon enough.. :icon_mrgreen:

Which car was running against Roland there?

My car vs. Allan's car.. :icon_mrgreen:

All joking aside, I am not sure. I actually just found that video online not too long ago. It was never posted.

Oh god. Maybe I shouldn't have posted that video..:lol2:

Just to make something clear before I get involved in this soon to come pissing match, I am WELL AWARE that Allan's car is faster than the Yellow DLM car. I was just poking fun at Allan becuase I know he likes dudes. Ok, knowing that, you may continue..

Oh god. Maybe I shouldn't have posted that video..:lol2:

Just to make something clear before I get involved in this soon to come pissing match, I am WELL AWARE that Allan's car is faster than the Yellow DLM car. I was just poking fun at Allan becuase I know he likes dudes. Ok, knowing that, you may continue..

The driver of the DLM car told me that it was a very close race until the end.. Allans car is a lot lighter, no? That DLM car is fast!!

Roland's is an 06 E-gear with Nav, Q-citura Interior, front lift, etc.

Allan's is an 04 6-Speed not sure about Nav or lift.

Not sure.

I can't tell which is which in that vid. At 14 seconds they are DEAD even.

At 14 seconds the race is dead over @200mph vmax, I was filming that race and we all lifted way before the end of the runway.

Back on topic, Alex your build is looking good, congrats!

Watch the video very carefully, especially the beginning. Notice how far in front the car on the far side of the runway is. By the time they reached the camera, they were already slowing down.

But enough said, let's not derail the thread. Get more pictures up there, Heffner!

Make sure to powdercoat Allan's piping to his favorite color though...pussy pink. :icon_mrgreen:

That's my favorite color, too!!

:la:

Build looks great! I love the black... the best thing about the "cool black" is that it will stay that way most of the time.. even on the headers after long use. WE did our last Orange car with a Cool black catback and it looked sick!

Allan's car is a lot lighter than the normal TT Gallardo. Damn good race!

Yes! Especially since your car would of broke long before the finish line! nice to see 2 cars actually be able to cross a finish line and be able to go play.... REPEATEDLY

Allan's car is about 150 pounds lighter than a stock car. If you want to call that "a lot lighter" OK. For what it's worth, weight means just about nothing over 100 mph.

Any attempt to say that the DLM car outran Allan's car in any way or at any part of that race is ridiculous. At the point where we came by the camera I had already been off of the gas for a bit and the DLM car stayed in it until he passed me. Here is the video of the same race from inside Allan's car. Can anyone point ot the spot where we are even?

Also, it may be appropriate for one of the mods to start a separate thread with all of the bickering so we don't destroy an otherwise informative thread.

All you have to do is watch that video between .10 and .13 to see how far ahead my car was.. you can clearly see that my car was off the gas at the end while the DLM car stayed in it.

Yes! Especially since your car would of broke long before the finish line! nice to see 2 cars actually be able to cross a finish line and be able to go play.... REPEATEDLY

My car never broke. But again you have no idea what you are talking about as you were not there. There was a driver error when your car got a chance to race mine and well you know what happened.

I say we should all get together and do this again..

Allan,

Your car is faster than the DLM car. I didn't mean to post that video to stir sh7t up, I was merely having the usual conversation you and I typically engage in. :lol2:

Lets get back on topic. Allan, just remove the video and the BS comments and lets get back on track...

All you have to do is watch that video between .10 and .13 to see how far ahead my car was.. you can clearly see that my car was off the gas at the end while the DLM car stayed in it.

Who cares that your car just barely beat a DLM car on stock rods, pistons and PUMP gas. No big deal just let it go. :icon_thumleft: