Science Proves Lamborghinis Turn Women On

Science Proves Exotic Cars Turn Women On

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2008/09/weve-got-some-b/

A study commissioned by a phallically named insurance company proves beyond all doubt that the unbridled roar of an Italian supercar turns women on but the soft purr of a fuel-efficient econobox doesn’t stimulate anyone’s MPG-spot.

David Moxon subjected 40 men and women to the sounds of a Maserati, Lamborghini and Ferrari, then measured the amount of testosterone in their saliva. He found everyone had higher levels of the stuff — a measure of their arousal — after hearing the revving exotics, but the amount the women had was off the charts.

The econobox, however, left everyone colder than a January day in Nome.

The study was commissioned by the ultra-exclusive British insurer Hiscox (we swear

we’re not making this up), which was curious to know how people respond to high-end luxury cars. "We knew owners of luxury cars felt a connection with the sound of their vehicles," says Steve Langan, managing director of the insurance company. "We have now scientifically proven the physical attraction people feel when it comes to cars."

To test the theory that high-performance cars get people hot, Moxon had 40 men and women listen to recordings of the three Italian exotics and a Volkswagen Polo. Everyone had significantly more testosterone after hearing the exotics, and all of the women were turned on by the Maserati. The guys, on the other hand, were drawn to the Lamborghini.

“We saw significant peaks in the amount of testosterone in the body, particularly in women," Maxon says, noting that even women who said they had no interest in cars were turned on. "Testosterone is indicative of positive arousal in the human body so we can confidently conclude from the results out today that the roar of a luxury car engine actually does cause a primeval physiological response.”

As for the Polo? Everyone had less testosterone after listening to it. That means the acceleratus interruptus of a Prius going all-electric in traffic is automotive equivalent of skin flicks starring previous secretaries of state, despite General Motors’ claim that nearly nine out of 10 women would rather talk to a guy in a hybrid than a Porsche.

Don’t buy it? Check out these videos of Maserati, Lamborghini and VW Polo exhaust notes and tell us how you feel afterward. Be forewarned, though — we are not responsible for any primeval responses they cause.

I was on the interstate last thursday next to a Maserati Gran Turismo and that thing sounded incredible. First time I ever saw or heard one in person

This work the absolute best.... :icon_mrgreen:

BS survey. No controls, wrong sample size, no baseline. Everyone knows that a loser will still not get a chick, even if driving a Lambo.

OMG, so turned on!

That thing changes gear so fast it makes my EGear in the LP640 sound stupid slow.

Are they running a special gear box and ecu control?

Russell

I read somewhere that among all stock exotic exhaust notes, the note from a maserati turned women on the most...

Not sure why but could it be due to low purr-ish grunt from the maserati...? Soft yet sexy I suppose...

i wonder what Dwiggs, freakishly loud exhuast does then? :headbang: :headbang:

i wonder what Dwiggs, freakishly loud exhuast does then? :headbang: :headbang:

Probably turns them into the clowns squirters, where is he anyway.

Russell

Probably turns them into the clowns squirters, where is he anyway.

Russell

:lol2:!!!!

That's funny! And yes, it does tend to induce spontaneous female orgasms.

OMG, so turned on!

They are right, Lambos do attract males. I am loving that one!

Sounds like a typical racing dog box style transmission with ECU controlled flat shifting. Perhaps even paddle actuated on the steering wheel, aka EGear on steroids.

Mmm..... Turn Gays on......? :icon_mrgreen:

:lol2: I think that's the only group it doesn't turn on! :lol2:

Straight men and women love it; except the cunts (M & F), they just say, "Oh my god, it's soooo loud, wah wah wah".

• 1 year later...
Murcielago = The Panty Dropper. Doors go up, panties come down. :la:

For that line you chose to dredge up a year old post? The line is older than the Murcie.