Ughhh

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not as though he's a banker, or investment broker etc pioneering

a new methodolgy to further stabilize an economic system. Or anything else

of any substance in the world, earning inordinate amounts of money.

These people, are the kind that are easy to 'hate' because they are

deserving. They deserve it, for debasing the efforts of many which ultimately

work towards stable monetary systems.

That makes no sense though. You're saying that since he's not in actual finances or doing something new and different that he doesn't deserve what he did? Tthat's like saying "be what you want, except make sure it's useful"?

Also, if someone worked hard for his money, I don't get why you believe they deserve to be hated? So you hate him because he's popular and makes 'music' and at the same time this 'music' doesn't do anything substantial? Why does everyone have to do something substantial, and since when is entertainment not substantial? No one deserves someones hate for what they earned, that's completely absurd. He has new songs a lot, many of which don't even go main stream and some people like him, just because you don't and you don't consider it music, doesn't really make it an actual fact that it is or isn't music and that he deserves to be hated.

So, he's driving a million dollar vehicle, big deal. How many businessmen are driving those same cars, many of which probably aren't self made either and actually took over their father's business. What about the oil tycoons in the middle east? They can be considered just as bad, considering they didn't do any work.

By your point, entertainment shouldn't exist because it's not a valid field and it debases everyone else.

I'm not trying to start an argument, your point just doesn't make sense.

P.S. those who are smart enough to know that it's just white noise, probably either ignore it and him or listen to it, because it provides a form of entertainment and for those who are apart of the club scene probably enjoy it because it is something to sit back and have in the background or dance to.

That makes no sense though. You're saying that since he's not in actual finances or doing something new and different that he doesn't deserve what he did? Tthat's like saying "be what you want, except make sure it's useful"?

Also, if someone worked hard for his money, ..........

I'll stop you there, as everything else you've had to say beyond that point is

based on a premise built on a misunderstanding of my point. Your first paragraph

indicates this. So no point in either of us going off an tangent.

Matter of fact, the point you make in that next sentence, I more or less agree.

However, again, 'if someone worked hard for his/her money' is the debatable premise.

By illustration, I'm simply stating, he's nothing more than some fabricated

commidity. Hence, I think, he deserves to be 'hated' as such.

Matter of fact, taking the 'laugh or cry' notion of basic artistic expression, you can understand

hating him is a valid (though not necessarily popular) reaction, anyway. One of two. Though,

yes, that simply stated does sound juvenille.

I think my point still stands. Yes, sure depends on the definition of 'hard work'. This 'artist', and

many like him in various genres, he has produced nothing tangible. He's to my mind, akin to a 'tremor' in the stockmarket whether caused by real concern or fabricated by

some shrewd and cynical operator. Nothing tangible, just a rearrangment. Nothing longstanding,

just a fad so on. Matter of fact I believe his whole industry is nothing more than a glimpse into someone's agenda of social engineering. I have the same distate in my mouth when I see

the clearly political overtones of Hollywood movies. Yes, I might concede he is 'overly

compensated' to say the least.

An example, is a CEO who of late, would fire a large work force in the hope of saving

a company and maybe even re-hiring somewhere down the line. Love or hate that decision,

you can't argue the necessity of the decision. Nor make that really, a personal attack on the

CEO. Actually, I have the same level of 'respect' for even some trust fund beneficiaries. Part and

parcel of life and money.

Tirade from myself about this moron over, I believe that someone

who has really worked hard for their money (like some here who can't afford a veyron

despite their great achievements), deserves their reward. We agree on that point I believe.

I see any criticism of him as more of one on the morality/ethics and direction of society.

A person in his industry, working with his commodity, doesn't deserve veyron money.

I'm also not naive enough to believe he did anything else to work hard for it.

Oh yes, I didn't rule out at any point oil sheiks either. I won't open that pandora's box.

Only to point out, that looking at this fad culture, he doesn't deserve this kind of money.

Even Alfred Nobel wanted to repent in the end.

Hope this clears up the point, whether you agree or not.

He is MAKING TONS of money right now, and this is probably chump change for him. He is on the radio ALL DAY in Miami, and many other cities I have been to. Only problem is that unfortunately I believe if he keeps living the way he is, his life will be short lived. I hope someone straightens him out so he doesn't have future health issues.

Yes he is, been making tons for a long time now, I'll mention it in a minute...

Ha, its a rental. He got the car for an undisclosed amount from Exotic Motorcars of Palm Beach/Dennis Kennedy. I am not sure if he ended up buying it from them but initially he did not own it. I do hear that he isn't a bad guy to deal with, if you actually get to deal with him. Don't know about his managers though. Bad part is that Veyron has had some "work" done to it since new so if he did buy it, and if he paid all the wood for it, he will be trading a tainted car when he does go to move it. Just goes to show what happens when you deal with someone that either doesn't know, doesn't know how to find out or doesn't care about finding out as long as he is making the cash.

Wrong, this guy wouldn't need to rent a Veyron unless it was for short term while in a town for a day or so. He and the Cash Money guys (his crew, run by his adopted father "Baby/Birdman) are more than fine with the cashflow.

this guy has been making big money since he was 16, so i dont doubt it.

If not him solely, his guardian has been, since the late 90s.

His pad in Miami is 11 mil. He doesnt do coke, he smoked a lot of weed and does the codeine purple drink dance. He makes $$$$$$$$$$$$$. He is supposedly a very nice and humble guy outside of his raps. I think he will be ok no matter what any of us think of him.

In great shape financialy I cant imagin how he could fcuk it up at this point....A meltdown of his magnitude would far surpass anything Hammer could imagine... Which is unlikely knowing the business and money sense he and his handlers actually have...read below.

Only to point out, that looking at this fad culture, he doesn't deserve this kind of money.

Although you're tirade could be viewed as valid, you kind got a little too far out there man. This is an argument anyone can use for any Pro-sports athlete, or entertainer be it movies, music or otherwise. The difference is, our worldwide society pays more money on entertainment than they do on food. Remember, we are the ones paying $100+ to go t the lakers game or to watch Celine Dion (if that's more your style of music) in Vegas and spend 100s to thousands on a weekend IN Vegas or South Beach or whatever. Its entertainment, and as long as people pay the money to find their "escape from the reality of life for an instant" then these guys DO deserve the money...Plain and simple. Because they have the talent and skill (notwithstanding, singing or rapping skills), the talent to market themselves in a way that would garner more sales for them rather than the next guy. Throw in the propensity to be able to run the business of continued cash-flow through ring-tones, webhits merchandising, clothing etc. and doing it themselves and having the ability to negotiate their own deals; surely puts them in some of the same category as some major CEOs out there. Basically, they have a "sellable" product and have managed to figure out how to continue to reach profitability above and beyond just record sales. That is truly a finite skill some Business Majors havent achieved yet...

You shouldn't discount ALL RAPPERS. There are quite a lot of "fly-by'night" schmucks out there, but surely there are some with decent sense that WILL likely hold onto their money. Jay-Z, LLCool J, Jermain Dupree, Diddy, Mix-A-Lot, Dr.Dre, ICECube, Bow-wow to name a few...So stop the hatin'.

Now Lil Wayne, specifically, has the benefit of being mentored and counseled by a couple guys that know every sense of the word "hustle". Birdman/Baby, of the Cash Money Boys (you know, "Backthat ass up", "Bling-Bling" (I think they tried to Copywrite the phrase but was too late after it took off), now it's in the dictionary and commonly used in the English language(a Wayne song by the way). WAYNE made the word "BLING" exist (it was never existed until his song went worldwide singing "bling-bling")...................Anyways, I'll finish up with this: I remember in the late 90s when I spent some time at a brokerage firm, I remember those guys had a $80M brokerage account there, in 1999... And they're bigger than they've ever been NOW 10 years later. So I don't have a problem with Lil Wayne in a Veyron...Now Soljah-boy in one....that'd be a different story.

I'll stop you there, as everything else you've had to say beyond that point is

based on a premise built on a misunderstanding of my point. Your first paragraph

indicates this. So no point in either of us going off an tangent.

Matter of fact, the point you make in that next sentence, I more or less agree.

However, again, 'if someone worked hard for his/her money' is the debatable premise.

By illustration, I'm simply stating, he's nothing more than some fabricated

commidity. Hence, I think, he deserves to be 'hated' as such.

Matter of fact, taking the 'laugh or cry' notion of basic artistic expression, you can understand

hating him is a valid (though not necessarily popular) reaction, anyway. One of two. Though,

yes, that simply stated does sound juvenille.

I think my point still stands. Yes, sure depends on the definition of 'hard work'. This 'artist', and

many like him in various genres, he has produced nothing tangible. He's to my mind, akin to a 'tremor' in the stockmarket whether caused by real concern or fabricated by

some shrewd and cynical operator. Nothing tangible, just a rearrangment. Nothing longstanding,

just a fad so on. Matter of fact I believe his whole industry is nothing more than a glimpse into someone's agenda of social engineering. I have the same distate in my mouth when I see

the clearly political overtones of Hollywood movies. Yes, I might concede he is 'overly

compensated' to say the least.

An example, is a CEO who of late, would fire a large work force in the hope of saving

a company and maybe even re-hiring somewhere down the line. Love or hate that decision,

you can't argue the necessity of the decision. Nor make that really, a personal attack on the

CEO. Actually, I have the same level of 'respect' for even some trust fund beneficiaries. Part and

parcel of life and money.

Tirade from myself about this moron over, I believe that someone

who has really worked hard for their money (like some here who can't afford a veyron

despite their great achievements), deserves their reward. We agree on that point I believe.

I see any criticism of him as more of one on the morality/ethics and direction of society.

A person in his industry, working with his commodity, doesn't deserve veyron money.

I'm also not naive enough to believe he did anything else to work hard for it.

Oh yes, I didn't rule out at any point oil sheiks either. I won't open that pandora's box.

Even Alfred Nobel wanted to repent in the end.

Hope this clears up the point, whether you agree or not.

Ohhh, yeah that does clear things up. It does make sense . I do know what you mean about other people working hard and yet this guy is not thirty and can put down 1 million cash on a car (my assets don't total anywhere near that, forget cash) and i'm only five years younger. So i see your point on that though. But I think the one thing you're missing is also that the industry is just that kind, it's a fad, and he'll drop off the face of the earth once the time comes. It happens to everyone in entertainment.

But it's also the basis that things are fair, when it just isn't. My friend met him and he's a pretty nice guy from what my buddy said, but yeah the amount of cash they have is unbelievable and I agree that, yeah they haven't really done anything to deserve it but exploit a 'genre'. I see your point on that and do agree.

At the same time, I suppose there's a trade off, despite his money I'd hate to be in his shoes. Whether believed or not, the image he has to keep up with is probably more difficult than it seems...I'll give it that much. Other than that, the fact that everything I do and know is seen around the world and my life is known by everyone bothers me. The businessmen who do own the Veyrons at least have that 'secrecy' thing going to an extent and aren't recognized on every street corner.

But I understand your point, but it's also do we hate the guy for doing it, or get annoyed with the people who are buying those albums and songs?

As for Jay-Z, Diddy, Dr. Dre and Ice Cube as well as some others, they own a huge share in many large areas and now span outside of music, between the four of them, they have production companies, clothing brands, sports teams, night clubs, restaurants etc....they were also pioneers and brought something new, so I would never count them in the same category that Lil Wayne and Soljah Boy are in.

And in all honesty, the fad here isn't real hip hop (look at Nas, DMX, and even older than that), it's more "hip pop" as the new classification, and that's what's taken off...I love real hip hop, and yeah this is entertaining, but loses it's appeal really fast.

the industry is just that kind, it's a fad, and he'll drop off the face of the earth once the time comes. It happens to everyone in entertainment.

the amount of cash they have is unbelievable and I agree that

If the industry is a fad, why has he been in it for the past 18 years?

Dont you think they disappear because they stop working?

How can I become a 'rapa so that I can buy one of these cars also?

Need a Veyron

Vehicle mighty fine.

Comes with twins

turbo time.

Doesn't the Veyron have quad turbos? :lol2:

Does lil wayne even produce? Didn't know that...

Excellent discussion guys. Once we got past the silly namecalling both camps here are articulate and making great points.

I will add that society has always placed extremely high value upon those that are able to change one's emotional state. That is, if you watch a movie and it can make you happy or sad, if you can flip on a song and it makes you dance, if you can watch a sports game and find yourself cheering, you then realize why they are paid as such.

Fair or not, athletes, actors, singers, entertainers - these are the people that can make hundreds of thousands (and often times millions) of people forget about their problems and cheer and sing along in unison. Can you do that?

If the industry is a fad, why has he been in it for the past 18 years?

Dont you think they disappear because they stop working?

But has he really? He's been rapping for eighteen years, however the older stuff isn't all that well known. His first album came out when he was 11 or something, but no one really knows about it. His first "major" album was The Block is Hot, and even then, most songs didn't hit the radio airwaves, and the one song he was on was Bling Bling, which was actually B.G.'s, not even his.

He became really well known with Da Carter album, not the other ones. He was still less mainstream and his album sales were decent, but not all that great, but again, Canada didn't hear him at all until Carter II. So despite his long reign in rap, he's still relatively new. Fireman was one of the first big hit mainstream songs under him that really took off. That was in 2002 - 2004, so it's only been five years, not eighteen.

His name became huge, the real money started flowing with The Carter and it's two sequels, and starting in 2006, when the albums went big, that's when he appeared to be on everything and his name skyrocketed. 80 songs featured in 2007, 90+ in 2008, 2009 isn't done and he's already passed 100.

I meant that "hip pop" is a fad, it'll get phased out soon enough. For what, I don't know, but a new sound will come along, just like this did, and many will go towards there. An example is "crunk music" and "hip rock" which is what Lil Jon and Lil Wayne are starting to do, thus leaving 'just' rap. Eventually people will go there as well... it keeps evolving and this is just another phase in the whole thing. Whether people like it or not, it's going to keep going. Autotuned songs are a huge thing right now as well.

I agree with Porter, there's a lot of value on emotional state. I just saw the movie Law Abiding Citizen, absolutely AMAZING movie, I loved every minute of it! And yeah, I agree I understand why actors get paid as such. Athletes can be argued because in a sense, they have trained for it, they play the games, stay in shape, strict regimes as well, music doesn't really have this but acting does in a sense.

So far as I know, Lil Wayne doesn't do much producing, he's usually a lyricist and just an entertainer. He was the CEO of Cash Money, but stepped down from both Cash Money and his own label, Young Money. If I remember correctly, at the moment he's currently investing his time (Again, unsure about production) in new label mates he picked up; Drake, Nikki Minaj and UK superstar Jay Sean.

And so there you go...They may stop rapping, or performing, but they don't seem to stop "hustlin'" LONG thereafter, at least the smart ones don't. I think Wayne is probably one of those guys (still hustle behind the scenes), based on who he's been mentored by...

"Hip Hop" I don't know if I'd say is a fad, it's been around about thirty years now...? Hip-Hop, from my understanding, is a culture, of which rap is just one part. The four original elements of Hip-Hop were rapping, graffiti art (or "writing"), breakdancing (or "B-Boying"), and DJing.

Now of course Hip-Hop today goes beyond this, with Hip Hop dance (dance that is not just breakdancing), graffiti art has had a huge influence on a lot of graphic design, fashion brands, etc...Hip-Hop fashion has been evolving, when the first Hip-Hop fashion brands came out in the early to mid 1990s, they tended to be more colorful with a lot of graffiti elements and such, now they are becoming much more "clean" in appearance, etc...I do not think Hip-Hop will go anywhere, it has had too much influence.

It may go up and down, I'm not sure, for example historically skateboarding as an industry has had up and down periods.

And yeah Porter is correct IMO, remember, in a FREE-MARKET, you are paid according to what you produce, if the people find what you produce valuable, they will pay big bucks for it. Being able to make people laugh and entertain people and so forth are valuable skills, so yes sports athletes, rock stars, rappers, actors/actresses, etc...make big money.

However, the REALLY big money goes not to the athletes-actors/actresses-rappers, etc...themselves, but to the people who market and produce the talent and own the business empires, what they make is incredible.

Bryan Williams aka Birdman owns an oil company, he and Wayne will be fine for a long time.

Yeah, forgot about that. BronaldOil or something like that....the smart ones know that the music won't last with them, they have to move on up. I believe he's looking for a vendor, but I don't know what happened to that....also there's rumors that his house has been forclosed as well....who knows, Cash Money was always about business...my friend met him and said that everytime he loses a tooth, he replaces it with a 200k diamond....Which is just nuts.

Like WheelsRCool said, the culture of Hip Hop will stay, the Hip-Pop music that is produced will change though..

You'll notice a change heavily when Rebirth (Lil Wayne's Rock Album) comes out, IF successful. There will also be a large change when (FINALLY) Detox by Dr. Dre comes out.

Edit: http://bronaldoil.com/about.php

hip hop is here to stay for good. when little kids in iraq are jumping up and down to this music right now...

cannot stand this music when at a gym; it only drains my energy somehow, ending up doing a shitty workout.