Underground Racing On Speed TV

Lucifer

i heard about this too. they brought a few vipers and they were all at least a second off their normal times. but that trap speed is very low compared to 169.

I heard that they were blaming the track.... Not for nothing.. but what could be soo bad about the track that would cost the car not only almost 3 seconds in ET but almost 40 mph....................................

I watched the entire show. I was really surprised by how slow the time and speed all of the UGR cars where running, Vipers

and GTT's.

Maybe the track did have something to do with BUT an 81 yr old guy stepped up with a slightly modded 997TT and ran an 11.1!!!

Now that I thought was impressive!

I heard that they were blaming the track.... Not for nothing.. but what could be soo bad about the track that would cost the car not only almost 3 seconds in ET but almost 40 mph....................................

Ice....ice covering the whole track...thats what did it.

I also have to say, I love the comments on your SVT lightening forum you posted allan. Typical red necks making fun of the fact that people spent money modding their lambos. Because obviously its a bad thing if your upgrades have any aesthetics. Chrome on the turbo kit is SOOO wrong....what color should it be? Rust?

Ice....ice covering the whole track...thats what did it.

I also have to say, I love the comments on your SVT lightening forum you posted allan. Typical red necks making fun of the fact that people spent money modding their lambos. Because obviously its a bad thing if your upgrades have any aesthetics. Chrome on the turbo kit is SOOO wrong....what color should it be? Rust?

duh!! rusty, just like a honda!! ;)

You can pretty much tell the track conditions were shit just by watching the show.

Then how did the Porsche driver manage to click off an 11.1? Does he normally run 8.80"s?

Where are all the Underground guys?

Someone hasnt been very up to date on the latest happenings. Lets just say they went the way of the dinosaur on lambo power...

All of them? Why?

Because we heard of their fantastic showing so we wanted to save ourselves the embarrasment of being associated with them... :icon_thumleft:

Kevin says....

It was our first of many to air on National "PRIME TIME" TV on SPEED Channel. I have already learned you cant underestimate the POWER of Prime Time TV

I guess if you grew up down in the holla, and would wager yer double wide trailer on a drag race, a half a hour on a speed channel drag racing show is National "PRIME TIME" TV.... :icon_mrgreen:

Kevin says....

It was our first of many to air on National "PRIME TIME" TV on SPEED Channel. I have already learned you cant underestimate the POWER of Prime Time TV

I guess if you grew up down in the holla, and would wager yer double wide trailer on a drag race, a half a hour on a speed channel drag racing show is National "PRIME TIME" TV.... :icon_mrgreen:

LOL, Primetime TV........... I almost shit myself!!!!!!! That's genius. God only if the rest of the world, especially my clients considered that pathetic crap Primetime TV my job would be a hell of a lot easier!!

If any of my clients were spotted or worst featured on an outlet like that, my team would have to be in full crisis management mode and would have to do anything possible to pull the footage from dissemination!

I guess there is one thing to be said; They have definitely pigeon holed themselves with a specific demographic. Maybe that is enough for them, however why would any reputable brand voluntarily limit their brand image and reputation?

Kevin says....

:lol2: :lol2:

Passtime runs on NHRA tracks under NHRA regulations for the cars. The UGR car is not compliant with the regulations for a car running faster than 11.5ET. This is the reason for the 11.6. For the car to officially run the 9.113/169mph at an NHRA track it would need a full roll cage, driveshaft loop, scattershield, fire suppression system and a parachute.