how to 'launch' an egear gallardo

itsjinx

I remember asking this question a year ago but never got a satisfactory answer :)

How would I launch my 2004 egear gallardo in a red-light race? Since there is no clutch, I dont believe I can rev it up, to say 5k rpms, and then put it in first to launch it. Am I correct in assuming that even a minivan will beat the car off the line since I must go from idle to 'pedal-to-medal', which is slow when racing almost anything off the line. thoughts?

I currently have cat bypass pipes, LOC exhaust, and BMC filters, and I'm still dissapointed in 'off-the-line' acceleration and I'm hoping it is driver error but I fear it is just the car. I always have sport mode on, and ESP off, and the launch is so slow.

I think you're screwed...I don't believe the early cars had launch control, and I don't even think a firmware upgrade will give you that option.

The only thing you can do on the early cars is buy a 6 speed. :)

I think they called it 'thrust mode' earlier, and 'launch control' on the LP560. It should be in the manual for the 06+ cars.

All egears have launch mode LP560 have launch and thrust mods. Keep in mind this is hard on car. To launch you turn ESP off and select sport mode with the car in first gear remove your foot from the brake (and parking brake off) slap the gas pedal to the floor dont push slap to floor and be ready. RPM will go to about 5000 rpm and egear will do a 140 m.sec engagement of the clutch. That will spin all four wheels and go. Different year car have different gearing so some will work better then others. Use this info safely it your wheels are turned this can get out of control.

04 thru 08 are all the same LP 560 is different.

All egears have launch mode LP560 have launch and thrust mods. Keep in mind this is hard on car. To launch you turn ESP off and select sport mode with the car in first gear remove your foot from the brake (and parking brake off) slap the gas pedal to the floor dont push slap to floor and be ready. RPM will go to about 5000 rpm and egear will do a 140 m.sec engagement of the clutch. That will spin all four wheels and go. Different year car have different gearing so some will work better then others. Use this info safely it your wheels are turned this can get out of control.

What exactly is different on the LP560's Jeff?

will have to try this tomorrow.

Also I was told by Lambo to hold down the brake with sport on and ESP off, rev engine to 4k and let go. This worked once REAL well and 2-3 other times not so well. All times there was a good odor of burnt clutch. 07 G Spyder

What exactly is different on the LP560's Jeff?

I think on the LP560 it will launch and shift at the optimum RPM in all 6 gears. So you can literally sit back with your foot on the gas and do nothing until you hit 202mph.

I wasn't aware that the pre 06 Gallardos had launch (or thrust...whatever they call it). I thought that was something new for 2006.

Ok here it is first on 04-08 never never never hold you foot on the brake and give it throttle in gear, just a good way to buy a clutch (hint the smell).....

As far as whats defferent on 09 LP560. Its called sgear not egear by the Lambo. It is a very different system much better should be alot less to go wrong,faster shifting,better take off under all condtions and lighter.

It has launch mode you can hold the brake pedal down and rev the engine with it in gear to the RPM you want then lift your foot off the brake and it goes. Lurch mode hold you foot on the brake and slap throttle to the floor the RPM go to a preset RPM I forget the exact one but around 5000 RPM and drops the clutch then as long as your foot stays to the floor it will shit at optimum point for all 6 gears. It also has a burn out mod that it dose not use the frt. diff at all to alow for full rear tire burn out yes rear wheel take off mmm smell the rubber...Good for tire sales.

To use all these different mods is a combo of ESP on/off and the sport button and the corsa button in defferent combos I would have to check my books to say which combos have not had the extra cars to go out and play with all the different modes in a while. BUT LIKE I SAID THIS IS HARD ON YOUR CAR AND BE SAFE.

Ok here it is first on 04-08 never never never hold you foot on the brake and give it throttle in gear, just a good way to buy a clutch (hint the smell).....

As far as whats defferent on 09 LP560. Its called sgear not egear by the Lambo. It is a very different system much better should be alot less to go wrong,faster shifting,better take off under all condtions and lighter.

It has launch mode you can hold the brake pedal down and rev the engine with it in gear to the RPM you want then lift your foot off the brake and it goes. Lurch mode hold you foot on the brake and slap throttle to the floor the RPM go to a preset RPM I forget the exact one but around 5000 RPM and drops the clutch then as long as your foot stays to the floor it will shit at optimum point for all 6 gears. It also has a burn out mod that it dose not use the frt. diff at all to alow for full rear tire burn out yes rear wheel take off mmm smell the rubber...Good for tire sales.

To use all these different mods is a combo of ESP on/off and the sport button and the corsa button in defferent combos I would have to check my books to say which combos have not had the extra cars to go out and play with all the different modes in a while. BUT LIKE I SAID THIS IS HARD ON YOUR CAR AND BE SAFE.

So what would be the best way to launch in a--let's say MY06-07--since there is no CORSA, without burning the clutch?

So what would be the best way to launch in a--let's say MY06-07--since there is no CORSA, without burning the clutch?

MY first post said how to. For all egears 04-08 you turn ESP off press the sport button have the car in 1 gear parking brake off and you foot off the brake. Slap the gas pedal to the floor the RPM will go to 5100 and the clutch will do a real fast engagment which will spin all four wheels and off you go. Like I said some year cars have diferent gearing so will work better. 04 has very tall first gear so dose not work as well. The 06 and up cars have much shorter first gear they work very well. IT IS HARD ON CAR DONT DO IT TO MUCH AND BE SAFE.......

will have to try this tomorrow.

Also I was told by Lambo to hold down the brake with sport on and ESP off, rev engine to 4k and let go. This worked once REAL well and 2-3 other times not so well. All times there was a good odor of burnt clutch. 07 G Spyder

you mean have one foot on brake while you have another on the pedal, revving to 4k and then let go of brake? isn't that called a 'brake torque' ? I thought I tried that before and it took off even slower, unless I did it wrong.

MY first post said how to. For all egears 04-08 you turn ESP off press the sport button have the car in 1 gear parking brake off and you foot off the brake. Slap the gas pedal to the floor the RPM will go to 5100 and the clutch will do a real fast engagment which will spin all four wheels and off you go. Like I said some year cars have diferent gearing so will work better. 04 has very tall first gear so dose not work as well. The 06 and up cars have much shorter first gear they work very well. IT IS HARD ON CAR DONT DO IT TO MUCH AND BE SAFE.......

thanks for the info. i'm wondering if an ECU tune, specifically to increase low-end power/acceleration would help with my 04 launch? I've asked this of the top 3 ECU tuning companies and all of them said they can specifically modify the timing to increase the launch, without sacrificing any mid/high power. i will probably get this done and hopefully it helps! other than that, i hate racing almost any car because 90% of ANY car will beat me off the line. pretty disappointing actually

But on the '04-08, you DO have to shift on your own right????

And on the 560, it shifts for you (when you use launch mode) like an automatic, right?

I have a 04 G as well, I would love to know what tuners you spoke with, I have never been able to find anyone that can show me they can do what you were told. I'd be very interested if someone could do that.

you are wrong. but thanks for the bump :)

I have a 04 G as well, I would love to know what tuners you spoke with, I have never been able to find anyone that can show me they can do what you were told. I'd be very interested if someone could do that.

Sure, I'm currently talking to EVOMS, Eurotek, and dwtuning.com.au

I spoke to EVOMS (actually my shop did), first about the faster shifting flash, and they could not get a straight answer out of them as to exactly what it would do, or even that they ever even done one. That did turn me off just a bit. If you do find a tuner that not only has real results, but a list of people who have done these flashes, and will confirm that they do indeed work, I'd love to have mine done. I have been doing mods to my cars for 35 years, and I have seen a lot of people selling things that end up either not doing anything, or making things worse.

Sure, I'm currently talking to EVOMS, Eurotek, and dwtuning.com.au

Yes--with the traction control off, thanks for the info as well.

I was just doing some research beforehand and when I came across your post, I saw that you were right.

The sport suspension and an exclusive cover also came with the car but there are still several other options available, like the E-gear, which featured a 'thrust' mode to offer even more impressive acceleration by improving the gearchange through the different gears.

This "thrust" mode automatically revs the car to 5,000 rpm, drops the clutch engaging all four wheels in a controlled burnout, and ensures the car performs maximum acceleration. This "launch" only requires the driver to engage the "thrust" mode and step on the gas pedal...

I spoke to EVOMS (actually my shop did), first about the faster shifting flash, and they could not get a straight answer out of them as to exactly what it would do, or even that they ever even done one. That did turn me off just a bit. If you do find a tuner that not only has real results, but a list of people who have done these flashes, and will confirm that they do indeed work, I'd love to have mine done. I have been doing mods to my cars for 35 years, and I have seen a lot of people selling things that end up either not doing anything, or making things worse.

thanks for the info

tried this today. did not work.