Can a human being really live like this?

RCChris

I remember this was a big thing on the internet a while ago

Yes people can and DO live like this however I have a hard time sympathizing or saying its sad. The only thing sad is the person who lives like this and wont help themselves

I only wonder how this mess begins. Take the cigarettes for example; who decides that its ok to flick a cigarette butt in there own house and moreover, leave it??

You've seen worse?

Mind you...

Trash piled up to the ceiling with a narrow path running between the person's bed, kitchen, bathroom and the front door with dozen cats roaming around, cat and human waste on the floor...

...and I didn't mentioned the smell yet.. :gay:

Mind you...

Trash piled up to the ceiling with a narrow path running between the person's bed, kitchen, bathroom and the front door with dozen cats roaming around, cat and human waste on the floor...

...and I didn't mentioned the smell yet.. :gay:

Were you lost? :D

When I worked as a meter reader for the local power company I had to go into peoples homes to read the electric meter. Ive seen two homes that would rival this one. Both were guys more than 30-40 yrs old in moms basement. One had underwear with skid marks visable just strung across the sofa along with pizza boxes rotting, stove with thick caked on yellow crud all over it an smelling etc. At least he had a decent path for me to walk to the meter without soiling my shoes with food etc but my nose and lungs wanted to sue me afterwards. Teh other one I "clear accessed" it lol. Meaning its an environmental hazzard so I would not enter.

What the pics shown dont convey is the smell. Oh gawd the smell. The one I clear accessed smelled like rotting food mixed with ass smells from either him or his dogs feces with a good sprinkling of cigarette smoke. When he opened the door it was like getting punched in the face with an odor fist. Some people do live like this folks. One of the guys lived in an affluent neighborhood so this can happen anywhere. Im thinking screwed up childhood. I was told by a psycologist friend that sometimes peoples rooms [especially childrens] are a reflection of there mind and emotional state. If you live like this you have very low self worth either because of a mental condition or as a result of the "gifts" your family and friends as a child.

do people just get used to the smell after a while?

I mean, Dan had like 20 cats. One indoor cat smells, I can imagine what 20 smell like. And to top it off, Dan was pissed off at the landlord, so he left huge amounts of garbage and shit everywhere. that and the cats have to leave one huge stink bomb.

Man, there is no way that house would have a high resale value.

Just look at the outdated vanity cabinet and horizontal blinds!!!! :lol2:

I can't even fathom someone living in such a disgusting mess. Their mind must just shut down and somehow not process things the way a normal person thinks.