A couple of pics showing Murci vs California size

Assman

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Not great pics, but saw these being loaded onto a truck here in So Cal. Driver said they were going to the midwest.

The Murci roof came up to about the bottom of the California's window. I really am NOT a fan of the California. There was also a red California at Auto Gallary Calabasas.

Saw my first one the other day - driven by a 40-something year old blonde no less! They really nailed their demographic on the head.

• 3 weeks later...
whats wrong with a 40 year old blonde

Nothing at all - just found it amusing that we slagged the car off for catering to that exact profile and low and behold the first one I see is driven by just that type of person.

She was hot, by the way, if that's what you're getting at.

There are a bunch running around now in the OC, parked next to one at lunch yesterday (South Coast Plaza). Older MILF with two small kids came out and drove off in it.

Car was huge, it's a massive vehicle. Shocked me how big it was, makes an SL look like a Miata.

i dont know but i love mine so those my wife, i think in the right color the car is nice,

I'll say one thing I love your

Drophead.

It's exactly what it's meant to be, a Roadster with comforts and A/C, and so-called prestige of "Ferrari" plastered all over it (I know I'm gonna get slammed for that one :jackoff: ). There's nothing extreme about it... a BMW Z4 is a better performing and more defined roadster, with all the creature comforts (actually more) for a fraction of the price.

I won't shoot it down either, as it's not horrid, but definitely does not honor the Ferrari name in any way.... it's the age old "entry level" marketing excuse to get more cars out the door to a different profile market, as already has been stated.

It's exactly what it's meant to be, a Roadster with comforts and A/C, and so-called prestige of "Ferrari" plastered all over it (I know I'm gonna get slammed for that one :jackoff: ). There's nothing extreme about it... a BMW Z4 is a better performing and more defined roadster, with all the creature comforts (actually more) for a fraction of the price.

I won't shoot it down either, as it's not horrid, but definitely does not honor the Ferrari name in any way.... it's the age old "entry level" marketing excuse to get more cars out the door to a different profile market, as already has been stated.

I feel roughly the same, however those that have one or have driven one are pleased with its performance for the most part. For a wife it's a nice toy, it's not something most of us would own as a primary sports car.

I don't knock them for expanding their model lines, especially not when Porsche's new leadership just told the media yesterday they're looking to add models priced BELOW the current entry-level Boxster to pump up the volume... :eusa_wall:

I feel roughly the same, however those that have one or have driven one are pleased with its performance for the most part. For a wife it's a nice toy, it's not something most of us would own as a primary sports car.

I don't knock them for expanding their model lines, especially not when Porsche's new leadership just told the media yesterday they're looking to add models priced BELOW the current entry-level Boxster to pump up the volume... :eusa_wall:

the california is not meant to replace the 430 or the 16M market or go after their clientle. it is night and day different in every aspect from the regular ferrari line up. it is more comfortable to drive and has all the amenities that an SL has plus the performance of ferrari. the F1 shifter is the best i have ever driven in any ferrari and that includes the 16M which i thought it was fantastic. as for styling thats all personal taste.

Elie,

It is time you purchased a classic - Lusso, 275 GTB or F50.

The California design looks busy. I think they completely lost it, with the design of the back of the car. I assume these cars will come equipped with every creature comfort imaginable. I bet the resale, will eventually mirror the trends of the 456 or Maserati Coupe.

The California under right color does look better. Most guys here probably won't appreciate it, but it seems to work for the wives. Jury is still out whether it's simply because of the hardtop.

post-7412-1251475403_thumb.jpg

Elie,

It is time you purchased a classic - Lusso, 275 GTB or F50.

The California design looks busy. I think they completely lost it, with the design of the back of the car. I assume these cars will come equipped with every creature comfort imaginable. I bet the resale, will eventually mirror the trends of the 456 or Maserati Coupe.

100% it will take a hit but at the end of the day its a car and they all take a hit. as for classic , found an F50 few months ago but i held back. it seems like they are dropping in value by the minute . i will hold out to see if i can rip one lol

The California under right color does look better. Most guys here probably won't appreciate it, but it seems to work for the wives. Jury is still out whether it's simply because of the hardtop.

post-7412-1251475403_thumb.jpg

i think its a combination of the hard top, second row seat (no matter how small it is) and the drivability of the car

100% it will take a hit but at the end of the day its a car and they all take a hit.

True.

With some cars, the hit will be much worse than others.

I have no idea how people, can buy a 612 or new Maserati ?

found an F50 few months ago but i held back. it seems like they are dropping in value by the minute . i will hold out to see if i can rip one lol

Collector cars still have room to fall in value.

If the late 80's market is anything to go by, collector cars will take at least a decade to recover most of the true value from the late Summer of 2006 market - adjusted for inflation. In fact, quite a few exotic collector cars never recouped their values, from the top of the hot 80's market. F40, GTO, 288, Boxer, and Daytona etc..., never recovered the value of the hot late 80's market.

If you want an F-50, you will find it for a good price.

the california is not meant to replace the 430 or the 16M market or go after their clientle. it is night and day different in every aspect from the regular ferrari line up. it is more comfortable to drive and has all the amenities that an SL has plus the performance of ferrari. the F1 shifter is the best i have ever driven in any ferrari and that includes the 16M which i thought it was fantastic. as for styling thats all personal taste.

Agree, and my comments reflected that. This is not a primary sports car for our typical member. It's a secondary GT, primary wife's car.

As for "comfortable", I'm not sure a Ferrari or Lambo should ever be described primarily that way, but it's a different world now...Gone are the days where even a current 16M would be considered "too easy to drive". :icon_mrgreen: