2009 Liter Bike Shootout

Smash Boy

:icon_thumleft: Still lovin' the Duc. Gotta get an 848.

Gorgeous bikes, I agree!

My only issue with Ducati is that they must always make their sport bikes V-twin.....which doesn't offer the true race sound of a sport bike IMHO.

As much as the bike is gorgeous and has panache, I can't say that I'd take the Duc over the Jap 4...

If for no other reason I'd like to ride the 1198 for the traction control. Though it's not in that test, I'm in love with the Aprilia RSV4

Although I have no interest in a liter bike, it would be a Honda or GSXR for me. Ive got a modded Honda 600RR right now and they're great bikes...

If for no other reason I'd like to ride the 1198 for the traction control. Though it's not in that test, I'm in love with the Aprilia RSV4

Amen. The Aprilia RSV and Tueno are the most gorgeous bikes ever made. Funny thing, I would prefer having a V-twin over the inline 4s anyday of the week.

Funny thing, I would prefer having a V-twin over the inline 4s anyday of the week.

That's why I love the V4, the perfect blend :icon_thumleft:

Amen. The Aprilia RSV and Tueno are the most gorgeous bikes ever made. Funny thing, I would prefer having a V-twin over the inline 4s anyday of the week.

I get the torque....but what about the engine note?

I get the torque....but what about the engine note?

To me, the deep sound of a V-twin is equally as nice as the high-strung note of a 1L inline 4. Personal preference.

The V-twin VS I4 debate has alot to it

You can build a torquey I4 not to mention a modern day 1000 is pretty torquey as it is.

Then you've got preferences on powerband, etc, etc... Both have their ups and downs and both shine in different lights

I love the ducati 1198s in all black. looks like a lambo on 2 wheels. Love it. Ducati.jpg

Ducati%202.jpg