WTB: Lambo

countach_lambo

Its hard to find them without that stupid looking U.S. bumber on them.

So tell us... If you can't figure out that those stupid looking bumpers COME OFF, how are you going to handle the serious stuff?

Honestly dude, you don't have a clue. These things aren't Hondas or Toyotas and you can't pick up parts for them at PepBoys. They're trying to HELP you if you'd just pay attention.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So tell us... If you can't figure out that those stupid looking bumpers COME OFF, how are you going to handle the serious stuff?

Honestly dude, you don't have a clue. These things aren't Hondas or Toyotas and you can't pick up parts for them at PepBoys. They're trying to HELP you if you'd just pay attention.

No taking them off is not the problem. Finding a euro bumper for the front is hard to find. And on the rear you will have two big holes in the lower body after you remove it.

But you can get some parts at your part store. It sounds strange but a friend gets some stuff from there.

I do no a lot of stuff you would have to order if they can still get it. The only thing is even if the car is perfect

one day it will break down. Even if you buy a new Lambo lets say $250k someday you will spend more money

and never get out of it what you have in it.

No taking them off is not the problem. Finding a euro bumper for the front is hard to find. And on the rear you will have two big holes in the lower body after you remove it.

But you can get some parts at your part store. It sounds strange but a friend gets some stuff from there.

I do no a lot of stuff you would have to order if they can still get it. The only thing is even if the car is perfect

one day it will break down. Even if you buy a new Lambo lets say $250k someday you will spend more money

and never get out of it what you have in it.

The pictures of the white Countach have been going around for the past six plus years.

The only one benefiting on this is the owner of the web site linked here. http://www.readytofix.com/Inventory/Countach_85.htm

The advertisement also states the car would come with a quote "Buyer to receive a good marketable title."

I wonder why it has a salvage title? As far as a bicycle hitting it I believe it was more along the lines as the stolen car ran into a street lamp.

After the Countach hit the lamp it toppled over, smashing the windshield, collapsing the steel roof along with chassis frame work and broke the wing.

I knew a collision shop owner that bought a roll over salvage countach and he made it look quite presentable over time.

However every time he hit a sizable bump in the road or God forbid pot hole the windshield cracked.

The first time insurance paid the $10K to fix it the second time they denied the claim. When you lose the integrity of the frame work it’s over.

Hence the salvage branded title. You might say thats not a problem I'll never sell the car. I wonder did you feel the same way when you build this?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2238622

http://www.youtube.com/user/countlamb

I believe you did a very nice job on it and you certainly stuck with it over the years.

However I do not believe you got out of it what you put into it in regard to your time and effort.

I would suggest utilizing the skill set that you have in doing this work and opening up your own collision shop.

After you become successful in your business you will then have the ability to purchase the Countach of your dream.

Best of luck in your endeavor. Sincerely Vic

PS: The only parts you will get for a Countach at a local parts store are: Oil, gear lube, spark plugs and relays.

I do understand to get a really good Countach you need to spend aleast $100k. But if you buy one for $50 and put $50 into it want is the difference.

If you had the choice between a $100k mint condition, never damaged Countach, and a $100k fixed Countach wreck, what would you choose?

It's not a trick question.

countach lambo,

yes, it is possible to find a 50k$ countach (but not easy, since even the car with issues seems to be priced slightly over this)

but what other members are telling you is that 95% of times (at least) it is not a car you will be happy to have purchased.... and that could VERY likely cost you more than a good one in the end without being as valuable

as a countach owner i have seen some project cars and ..well often buyers regret to have choosen this way

so a word of caution here: have the car ispected from someone with experience before purchase..... at least you will have an idea of what the car needs and the number of missing-to be replaced parts (consider some parts are SPECIFIC and as an example an original steering wheel alone is well over 500 euro )

i hope you will find a car that will you be happy with

just a little estimate of parts will help you decide if it is really the case to buy that car

No your wrong painting one of these cars would be easy. And wouldnt cost anymore then any other car.

I don't know at what level your abilities are as a painter, because I never met you, seen how you work, or seen any of your work. I do know your wrong in telling us its as easy as any other car, I think the guy who did the repairs and paint on this Countach probably thought it would be easy as well. There is a certain level of difficulty disassembling, prep, and reassembling a handmade aluminum bodied Italian car and doing it right. You are correct, it is just a car and it can be done.

• 4 weeks later...
do you have the link to this post, or have pictures of these "mint" Diablos? And not just one, but two "mint" Diablos.

looks like i'm not the only one that knows about cheap diablo purchases.

looks like i'm not the only one that knows about cheap diablo purchases.

yeah. purchased but cant prove. Mr. Stroker.....I mean Mr. Fucarwe

This thread is now on magenta alert. topcarbon you're at the head of the class unfortunately. Next poster not on-topic or offside in comments gets a vacation.