Spykers: The other white meat

craiglieberman

No worries. That's ok, but wait till you drive one with the new powerplant ;-)

So you took some dudes to MMP and let them thrash on Spykers. Did they like it? Did anyone place an order? What is the new power plant? What are the specs? Why don't we get the cool steering wheel?

So you took some dudes to MMP and let them thrash on Spykers. Did they like it? Did anyone place an order? What is the new power plant? What are the specs? Why don't we get the cool steering wheel?

I believe the number was, three cars were sold. The new powerplant is classified...they wouldn't say except to hint that it would be in the 500hp range. The cars are built to accommodate V10 powerplants, so I would not be surprised to see something in between.

The cool steering wheel? The newer wheel looks a lot like the Gallardo/R8 wheel...I liked that one just fine.

Neat video, but honestly, Spykers do nothing for me.

P.S. I'm moving this to other cars section.

:iamwithstupid:

The 40something CEO walking off the plane wearing a shirt for teens is exactly who I was expecting to see driving a Spyker!

And lavish? They had Safeway donuts on a silver platter...That's hardly lavish.

The 40something CEO walking off the plane wearing a shirt for teens is exactly who I was expecting to see driving a Spyker!

Craig,

Sounds like it was a fun event.

I don't want to be negative, but in the video from 1:30 to 2:30ish where all the cars are going slow and posed going down the straight, I didn't feel it. A few beauty shots and some juxtaposition with the speed of the track is good but a whole minute was a bit much. JMHO.

Again, congrats on a fun event.

Didn't get the guy in the print t shirt, but that was not Victor Muller. Victor is like 6'8" and thin as a rail.

Didn't get the guy in the print t shirt, but that was not Victor Muller. Victor is like 6'8" and thin as a rail.

I didn't mean CEO of Spyker. I was just pointing out that the exclusive clients that were invited were CEOs.

Wow...tough audience. They flew everyone in by corporate jet. I call that lavish. What did they serve at the last Lambo event last weekend?

The term "CEO Experience" was used to denote the fact that the Spyker CEO was there....unlike Winkelmann last weekend, he stayed for the whole event and personally hosted it which I thought was a nice touch.

As for the guy getting off the plane in a t shirt for 'teens,' I wonder if Lambo BH would consider a person dressed in this manner not worth having at their dealership.

Craig,

I don't want to be negative, but in the video from 1:30 to 2:30ish where all the cars are going slow and posed going down the straight, I didn't feel it. A few beauty shots and some juxtaposition with the speed of the track is good but a whole minute was a bit much. JMHO.

Not negative at all...appreciate the feedback. The purpose of that shot was simply to showcase the nice lines on the car. To our camera crew, the cars as beautiful as any exotic we've come across. Perhaps we were TOO in love with them. Appreciate the feedback, though.

I believe the number was, three cars were sold. The new powerplant is classified...they wouldn't say except to hint that it would be in the 500hp range. The cars are built to accommodate V10 powerplants, so I would not be surprised to see something in between.

The cool steering wheel? The newer wheel looks a lot like the Gallardo/R8 wheel...I liked that one just fine.

I was at the Spyker event and asked Muller (Spyker owner) about more horsepower in the Alieron and he said no more horsepower for a few years minimum.

Thats SWEET Joedirt!!! Your going to love it.

I've bought a C8 Spyder...just waiting for it to get to Canada!

I get it and dig it. Is it a lambo or f car.....no. It's not supposed be. It is a competitor to Aston/Bently and in that league it shines as unique and not a retooled Jag. It's different, in a good way, if not a leaning a little over the top. Quite honestly, the interior mash up of a fine leather purse/ meets areo inspired metal wizard works for me. And, most who purchase a Spyker already have the aforementioned brands in the garage and looking for a change scenery. Nothing wrong with that.

I'll also say that Spyker's showing the client love is beyond the normal M.O. of its competition, especially in this economic climate. CONGRATS JOE DIRT!

I get it and dig it. Is it a lambo or f car.....no. It's not supposed be. It is a competitor to Aston/Bently and in that league it shines as unique and not a retooled Jag. It's different, in a good way, if not a leaning a little over the top. Quite honestly, the interior mash up of a fine leather purse/ meets areo inspired metal wizard works for me. And, most who purchase a Spyker already have the aforementioned brands in the garage and looking for a change scenery. Nothing wrong with that.

I'll also say that Spyker's showing the client love is beyond the normal M.O. of its competition, especially in this economic climate. CONGRATS JOE DIRT!

Totally agree. Honestly, I shoot all sorts of cars. Some cars are more "photogenic" than others. Lane's LP comes to mind, as do cars like the Enzo and Zonda. But the unique look of the Spykers and Zondas to me, are pure eye candy. I love these cars. IMO, all they need is an overdose of horsepower, not just power that is excessive...I want REALLY excessive.

Beyond that, shooting the cars was a joy for us. There simply isn't a bad angle on the car.

And Joe, wait till you see the DVD. You're liberally sprinkled in.

• 2 weeks later...
Craig,

I thought it was a good shot, but one thing you might want to do with a future shot is get these cars in an echelon right or left formation and then have them break off like they are breaking formation on a dive bombing run. Do it fast too, not neccesarily violent, but fast and smooth. Or you could possibly try to replicate some sort of on the ground dog fight. After all these are automobiles insipired by aviation. Their lines are awesome as well.