Aftermarket exhaust on SuperGs

Easy888

Just got back from the LOC exhaust install on the SuperG. Holy shit this thing sounds insane. At low revs this thing echos the F1 sounds. When you open it up, it's loud! I'm pretty sure it's still not as loud as Freds but I noticed that I've actually made bypassers jump when I downshifted a couple of gears. One guy looked like he snapped his neck whilst turning around to see what the hell it was.

Will try to get some vids up later. For sure though, this LOC unit is a work of art. Thank you to both Grant and Jeff who completed the install today.

Sorry I don't know how to embed the damn video. But here's a link for anyone interested:

Was made at 4pm in the business park I work at. Not the best place to "get on it" considering the traffic going home. Will try to get a better one later.

Here's a 2nd pass:

No CEL at all. Definitely a noticeable pickup. The car does feel faster. Best way I can describe it is, it feels as if it breathes a lot more freely if that makes any sense.

How is it from the inside of the car, does it drone?

I think the car in standard from is not to loud when driving normally,

how does this compare?

TIA,

Pete

My goodness, it sounds like a monster. I would love to do an exhaust on my G. But I'm still trying to get my facts straight on the research.

How is it from the inside of the car, does it drone?

I think the car in standard from is not to loud when driving normally,

how does this compare?

TIA,

Pete

From inside you don't really hear a drone. At low revs it does have an F1 sound to it (2K~4Krpm) which is not too overly loud to the point where you can't have a conversation. But honestly when you have that sound going on, I bet you will want your windows down to welcome the noise anyway. When you get on it, well...just think of your car, but 1.5~2x's as loud.

My goodness, it sounds like a monster. I would love to do an exhaust on my G. But I'm still trying to get my facts straight on the research.

I also spent a lot of time thinking of the setup I wanted to go with. Tubi, Larini, LOC were at the top of my list. I think ultimately it was the CEL issue and lightness of the unit that won me over. At the time the only SuperG I know of that had an aftermarket exhaust was Fred's and though I love the way it sounds, it's way too loud for my tastes. Couldn't really find any other SuperG with exhaust videos so I went in blindly on the sound factor. But as it turns out, I am 100% satisfied with the choice.

I also spent a lot of time thinking of the setup I wanted to go with. Tubi, Larini, LOC were at the top of my list. I think ultimately it was the CEL issue and lightness of the unit that won me over. At the time the only SuperG I know of that had an aftermarket exhaust was Fred's and though I love the way it sounds, it's way too loud for my tastes. Couldn't really find any other SuperG with exhaust videos so I went in blindly on the sound factor. But as it turns out, I am 100% satisfied with the choice.

- I have a regular 06 Gallardo. Would it be the same unit?

- On the regular Gallardos, they have the butterfly valve which i think allows it to be quiet around time from 1K-3K RPM, which is what I like to retain. Does the LOC exhaust take away this luxury? Is it any louder than it was stock in those RPM ranges?

- I've heard that one of these exhausts units actually detracts from the power output. It may have been either Larini or LOC, you mentioned that you felt the car is faster yes?

- How much did the LOC unit cost and where did you buy it from?

Pardon my numerous queries, the video you posted serves as a remarkable marketing tool for fools like me.

- I have a regular 06 Gallardo. Would it be the same unit?

- On the regular Gallardos, they have the butterfly valve which i think allows it to be quiet around time from 1K-3K RPM, which is what I like to retain. Does the LOC exhaust take away this luxury? Is it any louder than it was stock in those RPM ranges?

- I've heard that one of these exhausts units actually detracts from the power output. It may have been either Larini or LOC, you mentioned that you felt the car is faster yes?

- How much did the LOC unit cost and where did you buy it from?

Pardon my numerous queries, the video you posted serves as a remarkable marketing tool for fools like me.

ON the 06 exhaust it is for the most part the same unit with out the valves. The 06 has no cel issues so we do not use the flap system on it. Are exhaust is a little louder at ideal and a bit at freeway speeds but not to bad. But the sound is alot better sounding then stock.

When are exhaust was put on the Dyno it produced more HP and TORQ on both the low and high RPMs. Its also a 55 lb

drop in weight. It was the Tubi tested at the same time that lost HP.

Grant & I are able to supply the exhaust systems if you are local we can install. As far as price send me a PM or email [email protected].

Get in touch with me and I can answer most ? you may have.

Just got back from the LOC exhaust install on the SuperG. Holy shit this thing sounds insane. At low revs this thing echos the F1 sounds. When you open it up, it's loud! I'm pretty sure it's still not as loud as Freds but I noticed that I've actually made bypassers jump when I downshifted a couple of gears. One guy looked like he snapped his neck whilst turning around to see what the hell it was.

Will try to get some vids up later. For sure though, this LOC unit is a work of art. Thank you to both Grant and Jeff who completed the install today.

Jim,

I told you that you'd have no regrets!

Welcome to the LOC club :icon_thumleft:

Kilo16,

Jefflambo is the best guy to answer the questions you have since he and Grant supply the exhaust.

But I will say one thing, JeffSD suggested to me to go for it and I couldn't be happier. I will pass on the same advice. Go for it!

One more thing to add. When I held the Superleggera stock exhaust unit, it felt like it was roughly 60~70lbs. The LOC unit weight ard 30~35lbs. It's a night and day difference.

In terms of installing an exhaust on the G, is there any performance gain/increase in hp/tq. I know that you save about 50 lbs in weight, but besides that, are there any noticeable gains with the LOC unit?

In terms of installing an exhaust on the G, is there any performance gain/increase in hp/tq. I know that you save about 50 lbs in weight, but besides that, are there any noticeable gains with the LOC unit?

When are exhaust was put on the Dyno it produced more HP and TORQ on both the low and high RPMs. Its also a 55 lb

drop in weight. It was the Tubi tested at the same time that lost HP.

Quoted from jefflambo, post #15