Roman's Movie Review

Roman

Cliff notes of your review please.

I. S

II. U

III. C

IV. K

(a) s

I saw this thread title and before clicking tried to guess not only the review (positive/negative), but also the single word itself.

My guess was:

"Shitty".

So close... :lol2:

Wasn't it obvious it would suck? The book was retarded.

It was my first book. I loved it. My kids saw it over the weekend with the nanny, they loved it.

Your review is precisely why I don't go to kids movies.

I disagree, the Movie was visually amazing. It's a really depressing story, not really a kids movie as most of the story plot goes right over their heads.

Thats the problem.... Yes... It had a lot of eye candy.... Great cinematography (in that respect it reminded me of the LOTR series and the sweeping New Zealand landscapes), and the kid playing the max character is incredibly cute....

Unfortunately, that gets old after about the fifth minute of "WTF is his fcuking problem?" The cuteness of max seems self indulgent after a while.... Hes cute for the sake of cute.... He looks into the camera at the end while hes eating his supper (after running away???? And running back???? And there isn't a phalanx of police cars in front of the house?) and we're all supposed to melt? fcuk that.

I wanted the kid to go to a shrink..... Not a magical land where Tony Soprano is a stalker in a furry suit, he's got some sort of weird oedipus thing with the monster playing Max's sister, and the best thing that ever happened to the troubled kid is he doens't get murdered by his imaginary friends....

Yeah Yeah Yeah.... The monsters are all metaphors for Max's personality disorders..... :rolleyes: :jack:

Kids wont get it..... And adults will get it and be completely fcuking bored by it.... So its not a movie for kids..... And its not a movie for adults..... So who is it a movie for? French authors?

Roman looks like he liked it...

roman_polanski_1890854.jpg

If "max" had been "Maxine" that Roman would have had a boner all the way through.....

Thats the other thing.... There is this VERY WEIRD undercurrent of subtle sexual tension throughout the movie.... Between max & his sister, max & his mother, the mother and & boyfriend, Max & Carol, Carol & KW, Ira & judith and finally KW and Max.... I found it all quite uncomfortable.

Guest skokos

It was one of my favorite books as a kid...I still plan on seeing it just for the sake of nostalgia I guess. But I dont have any expectations,therefore I doubt I will be disappointed. But possibly pleased

Thats the problem.... Yes... It had a lot of eye candy.... Great cinematography (in that respect it reminded me of the LOTR series and the sweeping New Zealand landscapes), and the kid playing the max character is incredibly cute....

Unfortunately, that gets old after about the fifth minute of "WTF is his fcuking problem?" The cuteness of max seems self indulgent after a while.... Hes cute for the sake of cute.... He looks into the camera at the end while hes eating his supper (after running away???? And running back???? And there isn't a phalanx of police cars in front of the house?) and we're all supposed to melt? fcuk that.

I wanted the kid to go to a shrink..... Not a magical land where Tony Soprano is a stalker in a furry suit, he's got some sort of weird oedipus thing with the monster playing Max's sister, and the best thing that ever happened to the troubled kid is he doens't get murdered by his imaginary friends....

Yeah Yeah Yeah.... The monsters are all metaphors for Max's personality disorders..... :rolleyes: :jack:

Kids wont get it..... And adults will get it and be completely fcuking bored by it.... So its not a movie for kids..... And its not a movie for adults..... So who is it a movie for? French authors?

You would actually be a shit ton surprised how many adults haven't figured out each monster is a trait of max... a shit ton.

*Spoilers are below*

I agree it was not worth the hype, but compared to a lot of the shit storms out I would say it was worth the money I paid, and I went to an Arc Light so it was even more visually stunning. My main beef with the movie was just like you, what mother stops running after their kid when hes trying to run away, and then doesnt call the cops? She just sits at the table and thinks her obviously mentally fucked up kid is going to return? Also the kid is autistic correct? He pretty much had all the symptoms of autism which makes her an even worse parent. Also I didnt understand the significance of her typing the story he was saying unless she was just keeping track of all the crazy fucked up shit going on in his mind.

I didnt see a sexual side with carol and max, saw it between carol and KW but what I think happened is what was suppose to be seen is carol being jealous of KW having new friends, not wanting to fcuk KW but the directer did a piss poor job of showing it in that aspect than in the sexy aspect.

End of Spoilers.

What is arc light?

https://www.arclightcinemas.com/static/AboutArcLight.html

It is honestly the best experience for seeing a movie possible. It is reserved seating, there are no seats 5 inches away from the theater, the sound system is top notch, the seats are wider, more comfortable. The screens are fantastic, beyond any other theater I have ever been to. The staff knowledgeable and helpful, and it is only two dollars more than a regular theater. Plus they regularly show movies that the national chains do not get. I saw moon at the arc light and let me tell you that movie was absolutely stunning at that theater. Plus they have a full bar at both locations, and a restaurant at the hollywood one and certain movies are 21 and over so you can enjoy your favorite beer/vodka tonic while watching the movie.

https://www.arclightcinemas.com/static/AboutArcLight.html

It is honestly the best experience for seeing a movie possible. It is reserved seating, there are no seats 5 inches away from the theater, the sound system is top notch, the seats are wider, more comfortable. The screens are fantastic, beyond any other theater I have ever been to. The staff knowledgeable and helpful, and it is only two dollars more than a regular theater. Plus they regularly show movies that the national chains do not get. I saw moon at the arc light and let me tell you that movie was absolutely stunning at that theater. Plus they have a full bar at both locations, and a restaurant at the hollywood one and certain movies are 21 and over so you can enjoy your favorite beer/vodka tonic while watching the movie.

I'd never heard of this concept. I'd be interested in knowing if the strategy has been profitable.

I'd never heard of this concept. I'd be interested in knowing if the strategy has been profitable.

I would imagine more so than any regular theater honestly. Since where a theater makes their money is in concessions. Arc Lights have a gift shop, restaurant, bar, and cafe.

http://www.arclightexperience.com/

More info on the arc light. If you have a chance to go to the one in hollywood or sherman oaks, I highly recommend it. Like i said a bit more expensive but well worth every penny.

Cliff notes of your review please.

I. S

II. U

III. C

IV. K

(a) s

hahahaha