katana

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A cosmetic upgrade is one thing - passing off as another car is different

honestly, people need to stop putting M-badges on their non-MPower bimmers.

QUOTE (Allan's Lambo Kills All @ Oct 21 2009, 07:56 AM)

I dont see anything wrong with making a real Murci into a reventon, its basicly all the factory did anyways. No different then doing the Imsa kit or premier kit . The kit would have to be PERFECT though and then id rock it...

QUOTE (katana @ Oct 21 2009, 03:59 PM)

nope all is well and runs just as smooth sorry , cant make everyone happy BUT I AM,and thats all that matters

:iamwithstupid:

Honestly half to say that as long as it is done right that I am in agreement as well... how many people made their Gallardo to look like the Lp560?? I did :) I am sure there will be someone out there pull the wool over someone's eyes saying it is the new model... basically the reventon is an lp640 with a body kit and interior... if this was on a fiero then it would be completely different but it is what looks to be a decent body kit with a whole lot of hours put into it for a LP640... pretty cool actually and kudos for bringing a salvage car back to life...

someone posted about the SV panels being available soon for the LP... wouldn't that be cool :) same thing...

good job Katana... just quit selling it for other platforms and leave it for lambos only and that might further the credibility...

Something i won't do on a LP640..but wow that is pretty amazing! cool indeed..post more pictures when its done..looks pretty good for now..

DSC00346.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00350.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

It looks decent from 10 feet, but here in lies the problem...

019-1.jpg

I'm sure Ray Fong can illustrate the issues herein and why you wouldn't want these parts on a $200k+ car. It's also a shame that they went through this much trouble and didn't bother making the correct headlights. A nice attempt though.

I have to wonder though, considering the detail in the parts, were these parts copied off a real reventon or were the parts copied off of a scale model?

Modding a 300K car to look like a slightly different 300K car is OK in my books.

Modding a 300K car to look like a 1.2 Million car is not good.

How many people made their Gallardo to look like the Lp560?? I did :) I am sure there will be someone out there pull the wool over someone's eyes saying it is the new model...

Im sure Gallardo bumper upgrade owners dont tell people they have an LP560?

I put the premiere kit on my 05 roadster - did the lp 640 lights, have more power now than an lp640 - I would never tell anyone its an LP640 however - I always explain what it was and what I did. Most people think the lp640 and an 05 are the same car - however the Reventon is a much more radical change and to me is not just a body kit, I know fundamentally it IS a body kit with a kick-ass instrument cluster but its ALSO 1 million dollars more expensive than my car - id have a problem driving around in it for those 1 million reasons.

hmmm would have to be a foam job or based on a model, who else in their right mind would let someone splash a 1.5 million dollar car? Still not a bad job.

Katana so you replace the whole door on the OEM LP or are those door shells for the "replica" guys?

Modding a 300K car to look like a slightly different 300K car is OK in my books.

Im sure Gallardo bumper upgrade owners dont tell people they have an LP560?

I put the premiere kit on my 05 roadster - did the lp 640 lights, have more power now than an lp640 - I would never tell anyone its an LP640 however - I always explain what it was and what I did. Most people think the lp640 and an 05 are the same car - however the Reventon is a much more radical change and to me is not just a body kit, I know fundamentally it IS a body kit with a kick-ass instrument cluster but its ALSO 1 million dollars more expensive than my car - id have a problem driving around in it for those 1 million reasons.

:eusa_clap:

hmmm would have to be a foam job or based on a model, who else in their right mind would let someone splash a 1.5 million dollar car? Still not a bad job.

If the panels weren't splashed off of a real car then I suspect they modeled a scale model of the car in cad then used a five axis milling machine to give them the prototype parts or plugs. That approach wouldn't give you the flanges or the trim parts that these guys have. Considering how close this body kit is to the real thing, I can't imagine its going to be long before VAG nails these guys.

I hope some of you here can appreciate the irony..... because this is exactly what the factory did when they came out with the Reventon. You go Katana! :icon_thumleft:

But he replicated the entire body panels , right ? So what if he used a LP as a donor car .

Exactly, when they use a Fiero donor they never come out saying, "This is a Fiero :icon_thumleft: "

It's not a replica. OEM LP640 with Reventon body panels

It is a replication of a Reventon. The fact the the donor car and a real Reventon are so close means nothing

HOWEVER

It looks sick as hell and I give mad props! I personally wouldnt choose to drive this over an LP640 reason being I know what it is... more or less a question of ethics/principal to me. Driving a $X car, I wouldnt want people being in awe thinking its an $XXX car, all the while ME knowing that its all bullshit, I cant stand that.

I wouldnt want people being in awe thinking its an $XXX car, all the while ME knowing that its all bullshit, I cant stand that.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

sorry for not getting back been out of the country,TY for all the props and tks to all the nills, can only do my best.

Car is having carbonfiber wheels made and led lights are in will get new pics this week

john

Looking forward to more pics of your ride Katana. Cant wait to see the finish product. :eusa_clap: :eusa_dance: :eek3dance: oh and dont care for haters--after all they are call haters for a reason :icon_mrgreen: :aiwebs_017: