katana

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

personally, it is not good to replicate :), it is LP640 but it is not a reventon, so is still a replica to me. It is better to drive the LP640.

What is all important to me is quality.

If they build it to exact same measures, functions and materials (cf) with same quality applied, then it is almost like resto project, and I do verymuch understand it... but if it is half way done, fiberglass pudding, then... :aiwebs_018:

but i cant afford 1.5 million so i did what i thought best,look i dont like fake rolexes but there out there

any way new pics at http://s564.photobucket.com/albums/ss88/katana_bucket/

you still cannot afford $1.5, can you understand me?

besides, you can't afford $1.5 and you f*** a $300K LP-640?

btw the orig car looks way different than a 640, it looks like an old wreck.

anyway, your choice of course, no disrespect...

And here is the beginning of the end, a porsche boxster based Reventon...

Certainly the "dark side" of what Katana has so far achieved, (along with the fake carbon fibre parts shown above, not nice).

Having said that, it would make an interesting alternative to having a crashed, genuine, Murcielago Roadster rebuilt as a standard car.

Ok so I get the quality issues people are banging on about and yeh that all makes sense. But how is this any different to what the factory did. You guys all say, the Reventon is just an LP with a bodykit. So whats wrong with a guy making the upgrade himself?

Who cares if people think its a real Reventon or if they know its a fake. It gets on my nerves when people cant appreciate the talent that has gone into build projects such as this. The guy is clearly a Lambo enthusiast and has put alot of hard work into his car to get what he eventually wanted. Just because he can't afford or couldnt justify buying a real Reventon, does that make him any less of an entusiast?

Now I'm not saying that all replica's should be treated with the same respect but its quite clear that this started as a REAL Lambo. I would hardly class this as being in the same league as an MR2/355 Conversion. So props to the guy for having the initiative and skills to pull it off.

& Katana yes get some real carbono or use some decent dry carbon wrap instead of that plasticrap :bleh:

• 1 month later...

I like it....good job and keep it up. LP is a beautiful car...glad you can bring it back to life. I would do the same if I had a wreck.

I'm gonna buy a wrecked LP640 and make it into a spaceship. :lol: