IPHONE PEOPLE!

abolfaz

I was using my 3gs earlier today when the screen went wacky. The phone rebooted by itself and everything was fine until I realized that ALL MY fcuking TEXT MESSAGES VANISHED!

wtf?! Anyone else have this happen?

Mike, my Iphone is nearly 2 years old and full of little quirks that I just work around.....perhaps go straight to an Apple store and see if they can salvage your text data....those nerds are capable of some amazing shit! Might be a good thing that you lost those texts :D

I have had my iPhone since the week they launched. Unlike you guys, I have been so happy with it, and it has worked so flawlessly that I haven't traded up for a new one. I wish it would take a crap so I would have a good reason to get a 3GS (although the speed of the 3G will force me to upgrade soon.)

Having said that, I agree that going to the Apple Store is probably your best bet.

- Robert

Well when you sync you provide a backup of your phone's data. Mine saves text data and so should yours. Hopefully you backed it up :)

If not, hop on board :lol2:

time-machine.jpg

mine erased all of my text messages as well. Then every time I would send a text message or receive one after I viewed it it would automatically erase it. does yours do this too now? I couldn't use a backup version because it kept doing the same thing. Apple told me to restore it as new and I lost off of my contacts. This is the reason I switched to blackberry. Glad I did never going back.

I had the old phone since it came out as well till last week when my wife saw pictures of our boat at the columbus day regatta on the phone, that's when she enlisted my trusty old phone to the space program.

Now after years of resisting the new phone, I get one, have it perform flawlessly then have this happen to me.

CRAP!

If you restore from a backup it will set your texts back to what you had before. But the backup doesnt mean the last time you snyced. The last time I did a backup the data was 2 months old.

I haven't heard of the Iphone deleting texts randomly.

To make sure you dont lost contacts make sure they are synced.

I sync my contacts with outlook on windows. I dont even have an email account set up. I just use outlook for my contacts.

Also Do not sync the device when you connect.

"iTunes only keeps one backup created during the sync process for each device. If you restore the iPhone or iPod touch and choose to set up as a new device from the Set Up your iPhone / iPod touch screen, iTunes will automatically sync and create a new, empty backup that will replace your previous backup. If you change your mind and want to restore to your previous state, you will have to retrieve your previous device backup from Time Machine (on your Mac), or other backup solution you regularly use. If you have Mac OS X 10.5.5 or later and use Time Machine,"

Sorry to go OT..

Jack,

How do you find Rogers' service in HRM? When I come in to Halifax, my Verizon BB uses Telus towers and seems to be good. But I'd like to get an iPhone for local use. Is Rogers any good?

Sorry to go OT..

Jack,

How do you find Rogers' service in HRM? When I come in to Halifax, my Verizon BB uses Telus towers and seems to be good. But I'd like to get an iPhone for local use. Is Rogers any good?

Rogers is great in the city. but there is no 3G when you leave the city.

But on Nov 4th Bell/Telus are turning on thier new HSPA network which my 3GS can see but cant connect too. Im realllllllllly hoping thier network is as good as they say it will be and that Rogers phones will work on it.

They also say Telus will have the iphone for sale then as well. Nothing offical though but I would wait until the 4th for sure.

Can someone tell me how you're supposed to get long videos you've recorded off the iPhone? I have a 47 minute recording that I need to download of the phone!

Can someone tell me how you're supposed to get long videos you've recorded off the iPhone? I have a 47 minute recording that I need to download of the phone!

according to google your supposed to buy software to allow this. Imtoo iphone transfer for example.

but if you have windows vista. connect your Iphone to the computer.

Go start

Then go computer

The iphone should show in portable devices.

double left click it.

double click left internal storage.

double click left dcim folder.

mine I have to double click 100apple folder.

copy or drag from there to your desktop or another folder.

:lol2: At your wife breaking your phone with the CDR pics. Mine would do the same thing! If you have any saved, post em up!