Gallardo Clear Bra Question

ContinentalGT

For those of you who have clearbra on your Gallrdo's, does it cover the full hood, or only the front of the hood? I Have my bumper/etc covered, but the company I used says they can only cut for half of the hood, and I think I would prefer the whole hood, for fear of seeing a line across the middle of the hood.

Can anyone advise? or tell me if it is common to only get half the hood covered?

Thanks!

For those of you who have clearbra on your Gallrdo's, does it cover the full hood, or only the front of the hood? I Have my bumper/etc covered, but the company I used says they can only cut for half of the hood, and I think I would prefer the whole hood, for fear of seeing a line across the middle of the hood.

Can anyone advise? or tell me if it is common to only get half the hood covered?

Thanks!

i would get the whole hood wrapped that way there is no seems. trust me you wont like that line running across your hood.

I've had two Gallardos...Both with clear bra on the ENTIRE hood. If they are telling you they can only do half; Do yourself a favor, and go someplace else. On top of that, I've seen PLENTY of Gallardos with the entire hood done in clear bra, but I cannot think of one that only had half done.

I've had two Gallardos...Both with clear bra on the ENTIRE hood. If they are telling you they can only do half; Do yourself a favor, and go someplace else. On top of that, I've seen PLENTY of Gallardos with the entire hood done in clear bra, but I cannot think of one that only had half done.

:iamwithstupid:

half of time you dont even notice there on

Thanks!

Yes you can definately get the whole hood done, mine was done twice now 1 piece. Now not all shops can do one piece as they don't have the plotter big enough to cut it that size, so if they can't go somewhere else.

You can also post the area you live in and maybe someone can chime in and refer you to someone in your area that they were happy with.

My entire hood, bumper, rearview mirrors are covered on the SuperG. Glad I did!

My entire hood, bumper, rearview mirrors are covered on the SuperG. Glad I did!

Did you get yours done around Pittsburgh? The place I'm talking to said they can only do half the hood, and obviously I would prefer it to be completely covered. Please let me know!!

Thanks!

I have half the hood, the bumper, side windows, side intake blade, side skirt (rocker panels), and parts of the rear bumper covered.

As for the half the hood thing, it doesn't really bother me to the point where I would go spend extra money to get the whole thing clearbra-ed, I got the clearbra for free anyway.

Having the whole hood done in 1 piece like it should be will be more expensive, but well worth it. I have the full nose of the car wrapped and its a 100% required mod in my eyes...especially for a car that is driven regularly.

I have a friend with only half the hood done and while it certainly protects the paint, it doesnt look as good as doing the whole hood IMO.

From what I understand, the reason the shop said they can only do half is those huge sheets cost a ton for them to by when compared to the smaller sheet and unless they do a lot of exotics they wont stock that stuff.

That seems to be the problem I'm running into.. cant find a single person who can do the full hood. Didn't think this would be such a hassle..

Where are you at geographically? seems like there would be some place in the area that would specialize in exotics and could do it. did you ask the lambo or ferrari dealer?

talk to a 3m dealer!!! thats usually the film they use!!!

Good call - or even the distributor maybe. They could tell you what shops order the huge sheets of the stuff.

seems like you know this - but be very careful. Bad clearbra looks horrible and i have seen them cut the paint and such nightmares.

Thanks!

I had ProTech clear bra the ENTIRE car. It is flawlessly done. In fact nobody can even TELL the car is clear bra'd. It wasn't cheap....over $5000, but worth every cent. :icon_thumleft:

Pittsburgh PA, we dont even have a dealer in our state. The closest is hours and hours away... I may have a lead though.. we will see in the days to come.

Call me tomorrow. I have the place for you... in Pitt. They use high quality material and should be able to do the entire hood and corresponding fenders.

I had ProTech clear bra the ENTIRE car. It is flawlessly done. In fact nobody can even TELL the car is clear bra'd. It wasn't cheap....over $5000, but worth every cent. :icon_thumleft:

how long does it(clear bras in general) last before you have to replace it? is there a risk of taking clearcoat, etc off when they take the bra off to replace it?

how long does it(clear bras in general) last before you have to replace it? is there a risk of taking clearcoat, etc off when they take the bra off to replace it?

The right product done well will last a long time - i have never had a 3m install that was done correctly start to deteriorate or look like crap in any way. Crappy product or installs will look like ass almost from the get go...and poor product will fade, yellow, peel, and overall look horrible.

I have had 3M taken off of a S4 after 3 years on and it looked perfect underneath.

my 2cents anyway.