A little help

sftobr

I am ready to purchase a new LP670. I noticed the car has agressive sport seats. I am short 5'6" and I am wondering if I am going to be comfortable in them.Anyone of the members have first hand experience sitting in those seats.Dealer is willing to get a factory car shipped to the dealership and let me sit in it.Will take about a week. I will need to give them a deposit before Lambo will ship the car.Someone with first hand experience would be a big help before I write a check. Also the color I am leaning to is the gray color. Black is the other option.Never a big fan of that gray but on the SV it looks amazing. Able to get a huge discount on MSRP(considering I purchased 6 new Lambos in the last 5 years).Specific car I am looking at has the large wing and the large SV decal above the rear fender well. I was considering a 599 but I am a Lambo guy at heart so I will stay with the Lambo marque.I am sorry I have not posted much the last year. My wife is very ill and it has been a difficult year for me.Unfortunately she will not be able to go in the car so seating comfort is only important to myself.The only colors available immed. are orange,yellow,gray,and black.Last question has anyone driven the SV and is it that much better than my LP640.Nice to be back!!!

I am ready to purchase a new LP670. I noticed the car has agressive sport seats. I am short 5'6" and I am wondering if I am going to be comfortable in them.Anyone of the members have first hand experience sitting in those seats.Dealer is willing to get a factory car shipped to the dealership and let me sit in it.Will take about a week. I will need to give them a deposit before Lambo will ship the car.Someone with first hand experience would be a big help before I write a check. Also the color I am leaning to is the gray color. Black is the other option.Never a big fan of that gray but on the SV it looks amazing. Able to get a huge discount on MSRP(considering I purchased 6 new Lambos in the last 5 years).Specific car I am looking at has the large wing and the large SV decal above the rear fender well. I was considering a 599 but I am a Lambo guy at heart so I will stay with the Lambo marque.I am sorry I have not posted much the last year. My wife is very ill and it has been a difficult year for me.Unfortunately she will not be able to go in the car so seating comfort is only important to myself.The only colors available immed. are orange,yellow,gray,and black.Last question has anyone driven the SV and is it that much better than my LP640.Nice to be back!!!

First I am sorry to her that you wife has been ill I hope she dose better. As far as the seats short is better then tall for the sport seats. If you are to husky that may be issue but slight. I do fit and I am not small.

As for color that is just you and what you like. Bright colors tend to resell better but if you have bought 6 in 5 years resell is not a issue for you. I would say get the color you want.

If you put a deposit it is refundable right.

Yes I have driven a SV it feels like the difference between the Gallardo and the SL. Yes you can feel the difference on the first take off or changing lanes. You can feel its lighter quicker more nimble and wow the high RPM power hits even better then the 640 did above 6000 RPM. Drove a 599 the other day its nice GT but the SV is a SV.

Have them send the Factory car, feel the seats and then take it for a drive and feel the car for yourself.

First I am sorry to her that you wife has been ill I hope she dose better. As far as the seats short is better then tall for the sport seats. If you are to husky that may be issue but slight. I do fit and I am not small.

As for color that is just you and what you like. Bright colors tend to resell better but if you have bought 6 in 5 years resell is not a issue for you. I would say get the color you want.

If you put a deposit it is refundable right.

Yes I have driven a SV it feels like the difference between the Gallardo and the SL. Yes you can feel the difference on the first take off or changing lanes. You can feel its lighter quicker more nimble and wow the high RPM power hits even better then the 640 did above 6000 RPM. Drove a 599 the other day its nice GT but the SV is a SV.

Have them send the Factory car, feel the seats and then take it for a drive and feel the car for yourself.

Thank you. They will send me a factory car so I can sit in it. I loved my SL so if its anything like it I will be very satisfied.Again not a big fan of the Gray but on the SV it just fits. When I see it in person I will make a decision. If I don't like it the factory has a Black one also for immed. delivery. Hope to take possesion of it within 2 weeks.

Best to your wife, sorry to hear that.

Have you seen the SV in black? It just looks so hot in black with the big wing. In other colors the black body parts look tacked on. In black it's just stunning. See post #32

So sorry about your wife's illness. She's lucky to have you holding her hands all this while.

To answer your question, you should have no problem looking out in those seats. The seats are not adjustable for recline so you'd be sitting in a rather upright position. Although you can get a set of rail kits to allow for a customised incline adjustment of the entire seat. I believe Recaro supplied these seats, so you can order this kit directly from them for much less.

My friends who have switched from LP640s to the SV all say that the jump is phenomenal. It's much more responsive and agile than the LP in steering and throttle response. Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of a back to back drive myself.

Best to your wife, sorry to hear that.

Have you seen the SV in black? It just looks so hot in black with the big wing. In other colors the black body parts look tacked on. In black it's just stunning. See post #32

I am leaning to black as my first choice after seeing pics of the car on another website. I believe there is one available.

So sorry about your wife's illness. She's lucky to have you holding her hands all this while.

To answer your question, you should have no problem looking out in those seats. The seats are not adjustable for recline so you'd be sitting in a rather upright position. Although you can get a set of rail kits to allow for a customised incline adjustment of the entire seat. I believe Recaro supplied these seats, so you can order this kit directly from them for much less.

My friends who have switched from LP640s to the SV all say that the jump is phenomenal. It's much more responsive and agile than the LP in steering and throttle response. Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of a back to back drive myself.

Thank you for the info. I love the agressive look of the SV. I was considering holding out for the new model in 2012 as I was told when it would change. However I personally have had bad luck with first model runs.

Some pics of Grigio Telesto SV for you:

Great pics. Thank you for the time and consideration. I am leaning towards black after seeing more pics of both cars.From what I hear it seems to be a similar jump when I went from a standard Gallardo to an SL.I loved driving the SL. Sorry I sold it.I hope the Ceramic brakes on the SV are less sensitive than the ones on my SL.

I would go with the black. I think black SV rocks.

Sorry about your wife,hopefully she gets better soon . We take good health for granted at times .

Best of luck to her

I would go with the black. I think black SV rocks.

Sorry about your wife,hopefully she gets better soon . We take good health for granted at times .

Best of luck to her

:iamwithstupid:

Best of luck to her.

Have you seen the SV in Matte White? Will they allow a Monterey Blue Order? I believe you will have the only one in MB if you special order it.

Great pics. Thank you for the time and consideration. I am leaning towards black after seeing more pics of both cars.From what I hear it seems to be a similar jump when I went from a standard Gallardo to an SL.I loved driving the SL. Sorry I sold it.I hope the Ceramic brakes on the SV are less sensitive than the ones on my SL.

Another pic for you. I'm sure you will like it :icon_thumleft:

That color is Black Noctis (matte black).

post-11539-1257036749_thumb.jpg

:iamwithstupid:

Best of luck to her.

Have you seen the SV in Matte White? Will they allow a Monterey Blue Order? I believe you will have the only one in MB if you special order it.

I am trying to get a car ASAP. I am going to my Fla. home on Thanksgiving and want to have the car there so I can use it on my vacation. I was told only 4 factory cars are available in the US for immed. delivery. Cars will only be shipped to any dealer who has a specific deposit on the car.Was told by dealer VOA credit does not wish to floor plan these cars. Whatever the truth is am very excited and very grateful to be in the position to buy the car.Hope its everything they say it is

Very sorry to hear about your wife. I hope she has a speedy recovery and will be back to perfect health in no time. As for the SV it looks like you have already made your decision :icon_thumleft: Here is a video to keep you excited until you take delivery-

I want to thank all of you for your input to help me decide on buying my new car. Purchased a new LP670-4 SV today. Car is still in production and will be completed by the end of the week. Car will be air transported and hope to have it by the middle of the month. Car is black on black with large wing and large SV decal over rear wheel well. Only thing I would of done different is car has gray calipers I would of preferred the yellow ones. Not sure of color of SV decal. Assuming its either white or possibly light gray. Very excited about the car and the painful wait begins. Thanks again guys for all the help in picking out the color and understanding what I was buying.Nice to be back on the site!!!

Couldnt you just have the calipers repainted fairly quickly when the car arrives? Congrats on the purchase none the less!!!

I would like to see them first in person in gray. If I dont like them I will have them resprayed. I am not sure what color the SV emblem will be. If its light gray I will leave them gray.

First off, I wish a speedy recovery to your wife. Words really cannot describe the difference in performance between the SV and the 640. The acceleration is comparable between the two up to about 4k rpm, after that the difference is night and day. Trust me, you will not be disappointed. Best of luck with the new purchase!!!