Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

sprite

It's no different than shooting civilians in GTA.

The first thing the game asks when you put the disc in for the first time is

"This game contains a scene with objectionable content. Do you want to skip this scene? There will be no penalties" or something like that.

They said the scene was put in there to set the mood for the rest of the game. Personally, I think it was put in there to cause controversy so they could sell more copies.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's no different than shooting civilians in GTA.

The first thing the game asks when you put the disc in for the first time is

"This game contains a scene with objectionable content. Do you want to skip this scene? There will be no penalties" or something like that.

They said the scene was put in there to set the mood for the rest of the game. Personally, I think it was put in there to cause controversy so they could sell more copies.

Mission Accomplished!

the big difference is that COD looks very realistic

I once played an arcade FPS in some truckstop some where (I think while making a pit stop on my way home during a college break) and it was a Vietnam War type sim, but with real actors, not animation...the game was a supreme pile of shit, but I could only play for a few seconds as I caught onto the fact that I had to shoot and kill "real" people...Just felt wrong on so many levels...On the other hand, I remember playing a western game at the arcade when I was much younger where you had to "duel" other gunfighters in an old western town...that didn't seem to bad at the time...but the Vietnam war one freaked me out.

Ive got it. beat the story mode while playing the "controversial" scenes. Yes I mowed down half the russian airport, afterall, its just a game. But Ive been playing online whenever I can. Add me KOB2772 on PS3

Although the campaign is short, it's got a fantastic story IMO..when playing the US missions something struck a nerve and I was angry :lol2:

Is it a Marshall Law type of situation or what?

Haven't beat the campaign yet because the mulitplayer online is too distracting!!!

I hooked up the 360 at the office last night and played for a few hours...Holy shit that game is addicting!!

I unlocked throwing knives and everything went down hill from there! I ran around for 2 hours straight knifing people!

Is it a Marshall Law type of situation or what?

Worse, I don't want to give it away but it's pretty angering (to me at least), but awesome none the less.

Worse, I don't want to give it away but it's pretty angering (to me at least), but awesome none the less.

Tell me in PM then if you don't mind, no need to ruin it for anyone else.

I love the game, but I'm really frustrated by the PC's online play. I can't get a game for shit. I know people are playing this game ($350 million opening?) so why can't a get connected to an online game with at least 7 more people? Hopefully they will patch and go back to the old way soon! Single player was fun, but way too short. The spec ops missions are fun, but I want to play some friggin Domination!

Single player campaign was really short in this game.

To me, it didn't seem any shorter than other Call of Duty games; they always seem to make them short but sweet.

I love the game, but I'm really frustrated by the PC's online play. I can't get a game for shit. I know people are playing this game ($350 million opening?) so why can't a get connected to an online game with at least 7 more people? Hopefully they will patch and go back to the old way soon! Single player was fun, but way too short. The spec ops missions are fun, but I want to play some friggin Domination!

The designers admitted they didn't really make the game for the PC and wish people would move to the console, because for all intents and purposes implied to pc gamers: "Your industry is dead, move on..."