Veyron GT/Grand Prix

Moronzilla

Day two

your veracity toward your view makes me ill.

Why dont we either wait for Rob to chime in, or Veyron to have something official.

Until then, this horse has been beat to death and thensome.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guys give Rob way too much credit without questioning but if you want to go with what a You Tube video said of 259.4 mph in a "Veyron Gt" that does not even exist yet in ANY customer hands then go for it!!!

You guys seem to question a lot of data on this forum but when it comes to this claim of 259.4 mph you let it slide like it is golden. If that's what you want to think of his claim of a "Veyron GT" from a you tube video more power to you believers....

i was hoping the ;) would have hinted enough that it wasn't a serious post

You are an official moron. You do realize when you get an average there are numbers both above and below correct?

Who cares about 6mph I certainly don't. You do realize the accuracy of the speedometer at that speed is highly suspect as well don't you?

Ever heard of a safety factor? It's typically about 1.2 for this sort of exercise. Therefore the tires theoretically are good up to ~490km/h.

Then again, judging by your previous statements; your ignorance > reasonable counterpoints

Dude i know its an average of 2 numbers. But the averages are not using numbers as high as 259. Like i said if you guys want to go with the false fact of 259 then fcuk go for it but those that know anything factual about the Veyron will know the number is not 259. The veyron is capable of 259 but is limited due to its tires and other factors but since all you guys here know soo much more than I do as well as Bugatti well then shit 259.4 mph is it a new world record for a Veyron. I care about the 6 mph. If this was the case Bugatti and car magazines would be all over this top speed. Just like they did when the Koenigsegg edged out the McLaren f1 by 1 mph a few years back. They made a fuss over 1 mph since it made it a new world record. Yes I have heard of a safety factor for tires and if im not mistaken and i might be wrong on this but the Veyrons tires are rated for 255mph. So yes there is variance in that but the factory would want to make sure they were capable of higher speeds before letting it out into the public. Dont get me wrong I knwo they Veyron can do 259 and higher but is limited by a governor. But like i said since its no big deal about the 259 then go for it

Day two

your veracity toward your view makes me ill.

Why dont we either wait for Rob to chime in, or Veyron to have something official.

Until then, this horse has been beat to death and thensome.

I totally agree with you on the fact lets wait for this "..Veyron to have something official."

Yes I have heard of a safety factor for tires and if im not mistaken and i might be wrong on this but the Veyrons tires are rated for 255mph. So yes there is variance in that but the factory would want to make sure they were capable of higher speeds before letting it out into the public.

Hahaha, thats a safety factor of 1.00791.

My engineering degrees > Your "knowledge" :eusa_dance:

Hahaha, thats a safety factor of 1.00791.

My engineering degrees > Your "knowledge" :eusa_dance:

Dude you are just SOO smart--High 5 to you!!! Like I said I'm not 100% sure on what the

tires are rated for--so my knowledge on the Veyron is not that great after all I guess...

You guys are just too smart for me. I will just have to agree on all the facts

you have given me.. and say the Veyron in question was INFACT going 259.4 mph and is actually

a Veyron GT like the You Tube video states my bad for not believing everything I see on the internet...

Dude i know its an average of 2 numbers. But the averages are not using numbers as high as 259.

Hehehe, this is fun.

Please show me the data points that serve as a basis for this argument

Hehehe, this is fun.

Please show me the data points that serve as a basis for this argument

Show them to me as well. Also I tried to edit that post but could not I ment to say 2 or more numbers.

But for now I'm going with you guys--you say 259.4 mph. Done I'm all in. Since you guys have way more info on Veyrons than I and the Factory have so screw 253 mph as a top speed claim im going with 259.4 mph since all the proof I need I saw in a you tube video video!!!!!

we all know limiters work perfectly 100% of the time.

I didn't wanna get involved really, but you keep talking about the tires over and over. I can without a doubt assure you that if you go 259/260 in a veyron the tires won't instantly explode if you touch that speed for a couple seconds

My opinion:

1. Rob does not have an uprated Veyron. Nor does anyone else. The 259mph I attributed to the same thing that others already did (tail wind, ideal conditions, errors in the control group, whatever).

2. There is no pending "+200hp Veyron GT/GP" in the pipeline. Just not possible considering the cost, R/D, safety liability, limitations of the tires, and a couple-dozen other very good reasons. Just wishful thinking on the part of fans of the car, which I wholly agree with as nothing is more exciting than some nuclear-Veyron to end the run.

Does this mean that Rob's car isn't capable of 259mph? Absolutely not. As I said, any number of atmospheric events could have contributed to that run. Also, even with the Veyron, there are inconsistencies in power output from engine to engine. I recall a Honda engine dev mgr saying that not matter what the controls are for production, out of any random sample of 5 of the same engines there will be 2 of that are over-powered versus the quoted HP rating, 2 of them under-powered, and 1 being right where it should be.

That's just the nature of the beast, and we see it all the time on the board when one person's G-car or Murcie will dyno 25hp+/- on the same dyno/same day versus someone else's. That's a 3-5% variance.

The Veyron's power rating could fluctuate by more than 50-75hp from engine to engine, with the later engines falling into the "over-powered" group thanks to effeciency of production, refinement of materials, etc. BUT, if the power climbed by too much, the safety hawks would clamp right down and find a way to reduce the output back to the rated level, again due to concerns over the output being greater than the car's capability to handle it.

If the Space Shuttle's speed on a launch accelerated at a level that was +5% versus the rated engineered velocity you can bet your ass they would ground that thing out of fear of a catastrophe. It sounds foolish to compare that to a Veyron road car, but VAG is just as fearful of the liability of such an event, trust me.

very well put mako as always.

I would love to see a mansory vs a stock veyron, i wanna know how much of a difference the extra power and little weight savings make. Though i'm sure the weight savings would be hardly noticeable since they aren't much and its a heavy car. Would be a good race

also, where is this video anyway

look in the Veyron section part of the Forum and you will find the video. I never said they would explode if the car got up to that speed for a few seconds. Im just saying it could be a libitlity if the tire exploded since it was not rated for that speed. Why don't we all just wait and see what happens.

Its now a he said she said. I say there will be a Veyron GT some say there wont. So as of now there has been no official word just rumors so lets see what happens. Is it possible that Robs Veyron can go 259.4 yes it is possible but we can not assume just because there is a you tube video that says it did that it did. If the factory were to prove it like they have with several people going 253 give or take then I would. But in my opinion Rob was going fast maybe even 253-255mph but not 259 thats been my point from the start. But you guys all get on the Rob wagon and take this claim of 259 in a you tube video like it is golden!!!!

So if you guys want to think it went 259 well then by all means it did

I just was the one to question it and I get a lot of shit for that. But thats ok with me

If the factory were to prove it like they have with several people going 253 give or take then I would. But in my opinion Rob was going fast maybe even 253-255mph but not 259 thats been my point from the start.

False. None of us argued the credibility of the claim either way.

Everyone however, argued against your blanket statements that it was impossible. That is when your total ignorance became glaringly apparent.

False. None of us argued the credibility of the claim either way.

Everyone however, argued against your blanket statements that it was impossible. That is when your total ignorance became glaringly apparent.

whatever you say dude whatever you say

Like I said before you are just too smart for me. High 5 once again "boy genius"

once again I have to come back to this board to answer to a keyboard warrior. what is the point... I'm not even supposed to talk about this. Just assume it is a stock veryon, works for me.

but I gotta say, why would I need to lie regards to anything about this car... I think it is sufficient to say its awesome as is.

freakzilla aka keyboard warrior of this message board -- a lot of your facts about tires, speeds, governors etc.. on this car are off.

QUOTE (R o b @ Nov 20 2009, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
once again I have to come back to this board to answer to a keyboard warrior. what is the point... I'm not even supposed to talk about this. Just assume it is a stock veryon, works for me.

but I gotta say, why would I need to lie regards to anything about this car... I think it is sufficient to say its awesome as is.

freakzilla aka keyboard warrior of this message board -- a lot of your facts about tires, speeds, governors etc.. on this car are off.

If they are off can you please tell me and others the correct info on these issues. I want to know the facts. Why is the Veyron you have so secretive? This is not an argument with you Rob--I would like to know the correct info when it comes to such things as tires, speeds,governors,etc.

Thanks

If they are off can you please tell me and others the correct info on these issues. I want to know the facts. Why is the Veyron you have so secretive? This is not an argument with you Rob--I would like to know the correct info when it comes to such things as tires, speeds,governors,etc.

Thanks

Just buy one, and I'm sure Bugatti will give you all the info and stuff that you want, and maybe even a NDA to sign.

Guest Houstongt

QUOTE (R o b @ Nov 20 2009, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not even supposed to talk about this. Just assume it is a stock veryon, works for me.

I take this as Rob is getting some inside stuff from Bugatti and possibly customer testing for them. Works for me.

Maybe the V's that have been produced so far are overbuilt and a tune can raise the hp on them. Seems plausible to me.

fun fact of the day:

The car was governed to 253.2 mph not because of the tires as its widely said -- when the car was originally designed -- the idea was to have at least 1000hp, and at least 400km/h. It was hell getting there, but when they finally achieved the 400km/h mark, they were able to successfully surpass it by a substantial amount. In the end, an abritrary decision was made to govern it at 407km/h, believe it or not, 'just because'. Also they wanted to make sure that every Veyron that comes out of the factory can achieve this, since every Veyron has some variance. I posed this question to the chief engineer while at the 400 drive event, and that was the answer he gave me (for I believed it was the tires too).

Pierre-Henri Raphanel, a test driver for the car has gone over 256 mph with the stock Veyron (having the governor turned off) on the Ehra Lessien straightaway.

QUOTE (R o b @ Nov 21 2009, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fun fact of the day:

The car was governed to 253.2 mph not because of the tires as its widely said -- when the car was originally designed -- the idea was to have at least 1000hp, and at least 400km/h. It was hell getting there, but when they finally achieved the 400km/h mark, they were able to successfully surpass it by a substantial amount. In the end, an abritrary decision was made to govern it at 407km/h, believe it or not, 'just because'. Also they wanted to make sure that every Veyron that comes out of the factory can achieve this, since every Veyron has some variance. I posed this question to the chief engineer while at the 400 drive event, and that was the answer he gave me (for I believed it was the tires too).

Pierre-Henri Raphanel, a test driver for the car has gone over 256 mph with the stock Veyron (having the governor turned off) on the Ehra Lessien straightaway.

makes sense so with the governor off it went 256 does this mean your governor is off as well

fun credentials of the day:

I was the first customer to do the Feel The Road program (also the client who pushed for its implementation)

I'm one of only 10 clients who has done the 400 drive (doing the top speed run on the Ehra Lessien) -- but ended up doing it not once, but 3 times lol.

*** I need to post the pdf file of my engine rpm graph and speed graph v/time for the Ehra Lessien run -- its on one of my computers, need to find it.

QUOTE (R o b @ Nov 21 2009, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fun credentials of the day:

I was the first customer to do the Feel The Road program (also the client who pushed for its implementation)

I'm one of only 10 clients who has done the 400 drive (doing the top speed run on the Ehra Lessien) -- but ended up doing it not once, but 3 times lol.

*** I need to post the pdf file of my engine rpm graph and speed graph v/time for the Ehra Lessien run -- its on one of my computers, need to find it.

thats awesome did you use your own car or a factory supplied car

Lastly:

All my personal speed measurements were determined with the PDA that comes with every bugatti, giving you a number down to two decimal points of what your speed was (in graph form over a trip, or a top speed calculation).

How accurate would this info be vs. a GPS verified speed calculation? Pretty close I would think, compared to the huge offset on most cars like Lambo, Mercedes etc..

How do I come up with that? On the Ehra Lessien speed runs, I saw approx. 252-253mph as my speed determination given by the car, and the GPS verification that the engineers gave me after the run was 253.2. So I would believe the bugatti to be a precision instrument in that the error variance of what it says it went at to be +/- 1 mph.

QUOTE (R o b @ Nov 21 2009, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lastly:

All my personal speed measurements were determined with the PDA that comes with every bugatti, giving you a number down to two decimal points of what your speed was (in graph form over a trip, or a top speed calculation).

How accurate would this info be vs. a GPS verified speed calculation? Pretty close I would think, compared to the huge offset on most cars like Lambo, Mercedes etc..

How do I come up with that? On the Ehra Lessien speed runs, I saw approx. 252-253mph as my speed determination given by the car, and the GPS verification that the engineers gave me after the run was 253.2. So I would believe the bugatti to be a precision instrument in that the error variance of what it says it went at to be +/- 1 mph.

Rob thats cool that you started the 400 drive. I never doubted that you took a car to the 253 mark. I was just questioning the 259.4 mph mark. If the car you have has the governor off then this is easily achievable since the engine has a lot more power to give then what the factory governs it normally