Urus to compete with Enzo-replacement

SAMLAMBO

have you two seen the car at all???

No they have not. BUT that doesn't mean they aren't valuable sources of information from factory reps. Be thankful you're learning about the TECH, worry less about what it looks like.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you speaking about Murcielago successor or so called Urus project? Can you confirm or deny that Urus project is really in the works please?

speaking about the murcielago successor

So far the pics I've seen are basically morphs of current models. I hope the actual design is more visually stunning.

have you two seen the car at all???

Let's say that I have seen a prototype... as I was in the area not so long ago.... and let's say that it is not even looking close to the final result yet.

But I have some clues of the final result based on factory the info. At this stage ONLY a few knows what the final result will be, they keep

the cards very close. And even if I DID know more I would not reveal it yet.

So you are right, I too have not seen the final car.

And I will tell you that it will be a 2012 model.

HOWEVER, VAG is at a crossroads with Lamborghini. They have to decide if they are going to invest the extreme amount of money into a new 400K+ model. You may be reading the bravado press releases they are issuing saying the record number of cars they are selling, but these numbers are not true sales numbers. They are cars sold to dealers, not to the end customer. There are a whole bunch of brand new 2008, 2009 and now 2010 cars sitting at dealers and in warehouses. VAG are not stupid and this is a business, not a vanity contest. They already have Lamborghini on a tight leash, lets see what their next move is.

But won't most of the R&D money for the Murcie's successor already have been spent by now? They've already got prototypes up and running, and a couple of members on this board have some insider info on basic specs of the car already. Hasn't that investment already been made, and that money already been sunk into the project at this point . . . ?

And I will tell you that it will be a 2012 model.

HOWEVER, VAG is at a crossroads with Lamborghini. They have to decide if they are going to invest the extreme amount of money into a new 400K+ model. You may be reading the bravado press releases they are issuing saying the record number of cars they are selling, but these numbers are not true sales numbers. They are cars sold to dealers, not to the end customer. There are a whole bunch of brand new 2008, 2009 and now 2010 cars sitting at dealers and in warehouses. VAG are not stupid and this is a business, not a vanity contest. They already have Lamborghini on a tight leash, lets see what their next move is.

No they have not. BUT that doesn't mean they aren't valuable sources of information from factory reps. Be thankful you're learning about the TECH, worry less about what it looks like.

I was simply asking whether they saw it or not, not trying to doubt them at all. I know they had reliable info before.

The tech specs are already decided and what emilio said is aboslutely correct, the only open question at this point is style of the car. The major steps of developement are already made and massive amount of VW money continues to flow in Lambo R&D department, there is too late for the talks about crossroads and some other useless stuff. The only way to boost Lambo sales is with new competative products. Some L-dealers in Europe say that the Murcielago production line at factory will be reworked during the next year, I guess that Paris 2010 is too early, but the safer bet when the Murcielago successor will be launched in Geneva auto show 2011 as a MY12 model. But the launch of the model itself is already decided fact itself.

But won't most of the R&D money for the Murcie's successor already have been spent by now? They've already got prototypes up and running, and a couple of members on this board have some insider info on basic specs of the car already. Hasn't that investment already been made, and that money already been sunk into the project at this point . . . ?

There is a LOT more into than that. Marketing alone is massive, along with new tooling, new procedures, new everything.

As others mentioned, if it is an entirely new platform (which is very likely), then the Murcie line will have to be completely revamped. That costs big dollars.

Agree with Kane. This is the point where it's do or die for VAG, and with laughable 2008 cars on failing dealer lots I don't see how they keep throwing money into the fire. Let's be honest, this is a much stronger brand than it was 10 years ago when they purchased it. For those who either were too young, or simply don't remember, It was a JOKE prior to the Murcie and Gallardo's impressive sales figures. Ownership had been passed around like a whore at a fraternity party during the 90s, it was just abysmal. Thank god Chrysler got the Diablo out before jettisoning the marque or it would have disappeared.

I mention this because VAG would have very little problem cutting it loose today and selling it to another party (private or otherwise) based on the higher percieved value. You couldn't give it away in 1997.

I was simply asking whether they saw it or not, not trying to doubt them at all. I know they had reliable info before.

I did not take it in a bad way my friend, but thank you for the consideration :icon_thumleft:

The tech specs are already decided and what emilio said is aboslutely correct, the only open question at this point is style of the car. The major steps of developement are already made and massive amount of VW money continues to flow in Lambo R&D department, there is too late for the talks about crossroads and some other useless stuff. The only way to boost Lambo sales is with new competative products. Some L-dealers in Europe say that the Murcielago production line at factory will be reworked during the next year, I guess that Paris 2010 is too early, but the safer bet when the Murcielago successor will be launched in Geneva auto show 2011 as a MY12 model. But the launch of the model itself is already decided fact itself.

I agree with and already stated this in post # 41 :

And I predict we will see the Murcielago replacement at the EARLIEST in Paris, October 2010.

• 2 months later...
I went to school with this guy. He is pretty talented, I am surprised at the final result. Would have expected more from him.

call him and tell him to redo it.. :icon_mrgreen: