I need opinons for this one.

Pantera

For the last few months there has been talk about getting a second car. After our SUV was recovered after it was stolen and not to mention refinancing for the house has been going on things havent been better. So the talking came around with whats going to happen and just last night i got the green light to start looking for a second car. This will be my first offical car, so im afraid the caddy days are numbered. I want a sports car, something decent to start with.

It needs to be

1)All weather All year sports car. not something that can only be drivin in the summer.

2)Safe and reliable

3)cheap and cost effective.

The only cars that come to mind is to Pontiac FirebirdT/A or the new Ford Mustang and the Toyota Supra TT. Nothing i dont have to drop to much money in mods knowing that money could be for a lambo. What do you guys think? Which one would you recomend and why?

First of all, my own personal experience of driving on ther terrible un-maintatined roads of I-25 (Ft Collins to Pueblo), a Mustang or Firebird is a bad choice. They are RWD and unless you know how to control your car, RWD is not the answer for winter driving. Look into something AWD or 4WD, example a WRX. FWD is also a great attribute for winter driving (better control), i.e. civics, cavaliers, & integras.

I know you don't want to hear Japanese cars over the American pony cars, but it's the truth. I drove a Saleen when I first moved here, but prior to that I drove a Z3 and an F355 in Germany (where their roads are well maintained)

Oh yeah. I had one of the last made Eagle Talon TSi ('98) AWD & Turbo'd. Good suggestion Mana :thumb

Pantera: Eagle Talon and Plymouth Lasers are the same as the Eclipse. Lasers ended in 94 (I believe - 1st gen body style), and Talons were 1st-3rd gen body styles

Ew... Eclipses are ugly!.

even though you are not a fan of the japanese market...i would ahve to say sti or evo in your case

How much you want to spend???

Im trying to keep it under 30k.

I was also thinking of a Mitsu 3000GT aka Dodge Stealth. They look cool and i rarely see them and they are cheaper than a WRX. The best part is they are AWD so i can drive it when its raining or snowing. Modifactions arent so expensive either since its already powerfull out of the box.

The only problem is finding one in Colorado Springs.

I was also thinking of the 300ZX but i really dont know nothing about it.

What do you guys think?

The 3000GT VR4 is AWD. The other models are RWD. It's true that would be hard to find, but I'm sure if you really look for it, you could find one nearby

a 2001 Audi S4.  it is good in all elements, very safe, and easily tuned.

I agree.You can get silly hp out of these cars and they look pretty nice

The only problem with the Audi is it cost alot of money to find one in good shape.

You get what you pay for if you do your homework.A lot of times you buy something cheap and it ends up costing you more to fix it up than what a good car would have cost you in the first place.

Save up some money and buy a good base car.It will cause you much less aggravation in the long run.I am not talking Audi only,it applies to everything

Just buy a brand new Kia or Hyundai :mrgreen:

Your kidding me right?

91-93 NSX?

I wish. The problem is i need something i can drive all year all weather and the NSX is more for a place like Florida. I would have bought an R33 if Nissian would have sold them here in the US.

The only cars i have on my list to look for is

Dodge Stealth/3000GT

Nissian 300ZX

Toyota SupraTT95-97

Pontiac Firebird T/A97

Eagle Talon97

and maybe a Toyota MR2

Anything else would have to be an SUV or a Pickup.

The 3000GT VR4 is AWD. The other models are RWD. It's true that would be hard to find, but I'm sure if you really look for it, you could find one nearby

Other models are FWD. But IMO the 3000gt VR-4 would be the best choice. It has active suspension that works pretty good, good performance, the awd is very good, interior isnt too bad, good looks...As far as bad things well you cant mod it over 500hp whitout having it break each month and if you drive agressive ull go thru a clutch each 2 months...other than that its the BEST all-season sports car IMO, and take that from someone who used to live in Montreal, canada, where winter is more than half the year, potholes abound, etc...;)

-Seb

FWD...Sorry :oops: Thanks for clearing that up SS

Pantera, go with the Talon, but get the TSi (AWD & Turbo'd) :mrgreen:

97-98's were the best looking/performing IMO