Can't wait for my new-to-me Murc to arrive!

achilles99

In my search for another Gallardo, I came across a 6-speed Murcielago that was too good a deal to pass up. Bought it last week, PPI checked out, and car was supposed to be picked up on Tuesday. That was pushed to Wednesday, and then Thursday. Now en route, original Saturday delivery but now pushed to Sunday. The agony of waiting!

I'll post pics later, just had to share my excitement. Looking forward to rejoining the group. Now, I've just got to figure out how to stack the Murc above my Viper. I was going to do the Viper above, but then realized I wouldn't be able to get out of the car below! Unless scissor doors are wide enough to clear the ramps?

Congrats!

Thanks! The steering wheel looks plain on the Murc, thinking about rewrapping it in perforated leather and alantara (with 12:00 band at top). Anyone with a similar rewrap job?

Also looking at getting an exhaust with secondary cat bypass pipes. Maybe a used LOC exhaust, although the X-Ost exhaust on fleabay sounds pretty good in the soundclip (low price made me hesitate a little though).

If anyone is getting rid of Murc parts, let me know!

Congrats...it is a great feeling!

You are going to love the car. I am on my 4th Murci and they just get better and better. Enjoy it!!!!!

Thanks! The steering wheel looks plain on the Murc, thinking about rewrapping it in perforated leather and alantara (with 12:00 band at top). Anyone with a similar rewrap job?

Also looking at getting an exhaust with secondary cat bypass pipes. Maybe a used LOC exhaust, although the X-Ost exhaust on fleabay sounds pretty good in the soundclip (low price made me hesitate a little though).

Congratulations on the car.

I am with you on the steering wheel, I have lower half in carbon but would like top half re covered using colored stitching and probably a 12 oclock ring.

MACarbon have a range but they seem quite expensive.

Russell

Lambo parts from fleebay!!??...you can do that????

isn't there a guy that TT those down in Florida. you should talk to him :aiwebs_011:

Is this Archilles from Viper Club? Congrats

Ab - Yep, it's me from the VCA!

Yellowmurci - I found a place that rewraps wheels for about $400. I had carbon fiber in my 911tt, and didnt' like it on the steering wheel. Too slick to grip on the track.

Blackbull - I'd buy lambo parts from Wal-Mart if they sold it. You'd be surprised what kind of deals you'd find on fleabay. I've found a ton of stock and aftermarket parts on there. I've saved enough money on those transactions to buy a Murc :) Of course, I'd probably save more not buying anything.

jhanso - Heffner did one of my Vipers. Great work, great guy. I'm tempted to do some work on the Murc, but would probably just rather have a dedicated track car to run.

Glad to hear everyone is enjoying their Murc, I hope I will too. My Gallardo was a great car, but I'm guessing the Murc is a little better. We'll see!

If you dont mind saying or PMing, i'm curious what you ended up paying for that :)

One really big check :)

HBLambo - CA car, not Chicago. Bought through broker that I've used before. Car is now delayed until Sunday night. Maybe longer. If I have to wait until Monday, it'll be hard to concentrate at work.

One really big check :)

HBLambo - CA car, not Chicago. Bought through broker that I've used before. Car is now delayed until Sunday night. Maybe longer. If I have to wait until Monday, it'll be hard to concentrate at work.

Congrats!!

I was at the same boat just about 3 weeks ago!

I definitely think Murci is a better drive than the Gallardo.

I couldn't really sleep the night before I picked up the car.

• 3 weeks later...

Had MA Carbon Rewrap mine thicker than standard wheel, original was slippery and too small for my hand.

post-15160-1260496302_thumb.jpg