Ordered a Audi S5

toplesswhitegal

What options did you go with? Great looking/feeling car. Great DD

In Canada not a lot of options available as most are base already, I added the Carbon trim, NAV, Sport Dif, and Side assist. White with Black interior.

The two tone interiors are not available in Canada, I would have prefered a Black/White color combo on the seats and door panels.

I wasn't able to drive a S5 as they are pretty hard to get here, the dealer only had a A5 4cyl turbo and IMO the 4cyl was a complete joke. The V8 should be quite an improvement. The car handled well and drove really nice, I was deciding between the 335x and the A5. Once I started adding options to the A5 I was $5k away from a S5 so it was a no brainer for me.

In Canada not a lot of options available as most are base already, I added the Carbon trim, NAV, Sport Dif, and Side assist. White with Black interior.

The two tone interiors are not available in Canada, I would have prefered a Black/White color combo on the seats and door panels.

I wasn't able to drive a S5 as they are pretty hard to get here, the dealer only had a A5 4cyl turbo and IMO the 4cyl was a complete joke. The V8 should be quite an improvement. The car handled well and drove really nice, I was deciding between the 335x and the A5. Once I started adding options to the A5 I was $5k away from a S5 so it was a no brainer for me.

[/quote

I was looking at a black s4 with red and black two tone interior,

Canuck car, is that not available in the coupe?

Anyways s5 def a sweet car, the lack of fully opening sunroof is annoying but that's what the spyder is for!

Heffner I think uses an s5 as a DD

Congrats! Very nice car with fluid lines. Superb craftsmanship in fit & finish and feels very solid. Interior is very well designed with logic & ergonomics. Like most of the S-series Audi's (except the S8), it's a bit front end heavy during high speed maneuvering but nothing unpredictable. A more prominent exhaust note or simply more "growl" to the engine would be nice but I guess they are saving that to the RS5. Overall, a great DD car. :icon_thumleft:

Didn't know it was available yet, when is yours expected?

It isn't but sources high up in Audi GmbH told me it will be here ready for delivery in spring, they also told me a good and a bad thing, the good being it will have a a new 7 gear dual clutch gearbox which I can't wait to try and the bad part is the all new V8 will only have around 450HP, I was expecting around 485-ish.

Nice! About how much are they in SEK?

I will pay around 950K SEK for it which roughly equals 132 973,14 USD.

You will love it, superb car!

I'm waiting for my RS5 as we speak :icon_super:

I just wonder... if a A4 with diesel is way too fast for you, why did you then order a RS5 ? For your mother? :icon_mrgreen:

Jokes aside, S/RS5 is a great car. :icon_thumleft:

Roughly huh? :icon_mrgreen:

J/K

Congrats to but of you! Can't go wrong with a new Audi! :icon_thumleft:

Damn, that's less than the A5 3.2 in Norway lol.

Have had several Audi S cars, all been great!

I was looking at a black s4 with red and black two tone interior,

Canuck car, is that not available in the coupe?

Anyways s5 def a sweet car, the lack of fully opening sunroof is annoying but that's what the spyder is for!

Heffner I think uses an s5 as a DD

No for some reason in Canada no two-tone on the A5/S5, in the US it is available if you don't have a white exterior. I checked online and asked the sales manager if I could even custom order it but was told not available. The sales people didn't even know that the US had it as an option.

The sunroof is definatley a negative for me as well, it is useless other than being a fixed window to the sky. Yes the G Spyder is more for the nice days :)

The two negatives on the car for me is the sunroof and the lack of leg room in the back seat. The 335x had a regular sunroof and the back seat area was more like a 4 door car, obvioulsy wasn't a deal breaker for me but both items would have mad the package more complete.

This will be a DD for me as well.

Congrats! Very nice car with fluid lines. Superb craftsmanship in fit & finish and feels very solid. Interior is very well designed with logic & ergonomics. Like most of the S-series Audi's (except the S8), it's a bit front end heavy during high speed maneuvering but nothing unpredictable. A more prominent exhaust note or simply more "growl" to the engine would be nice but I guess they are saving that to the RS5. Overall, a great DD car. :icon_thumleft:

Thank you, great feedback.

It will be my DD so the power, handling and sound were not a big drawback for me. Pretty hard to compete against the Gallardos in that department ;) I do like that the navigation & heating controls are familar to the G (almost identical, the nice thing having them both owned by Audi), I shouldn't have too much of a learning car switching between the controls from car to car. My wife has a MDX and I don't drive it much but man are those controls are annoying.

saw onr down here in Mexico, and it looks fantastic.

I just returned from Neuvo Vallarta on Friday so funny you say that I saw one driving around(dark one with a wing), I was shocked to see one as they are pretty rare on the roads and definately wasn't expecting to se one in Mexico. I must say the weather we had for the two weeks was fantastic, I jokingly said coming out of the hotel each morning "Another miserable day outside" :) How do you guys manage to live in a place where the clouds are pretty much non-existant for two weeks and temps in the 30's???? LOL!

It isn't but sources high up in Audi GmbH told me it will be here ready for delivery in spring, they also told me a good and a bad thing, the good being it will have a a new 7 gear dual clutch gearbox which I can't wait to try and the bad part is the all new V8 will only have around 450HP, I was expecting around 485-ish.

That 7 speed dual clutch will be awesome indeed, I did know it was coming out later on. Since this is a DD I'm taking the 6 speed auto.

Wow $132,000usd, I was wondering what the jump in price would be. Beautiful car for sure and the RS seems impressive, are you going to add turbo's are any other mods to the car?

Thanks for all the comments guys, I appreciate the feedback. This is my first Audi "badged" car so have no experience with them, I usually had Honda/Acura, Toyota/Lexus for the DD's. I'm not looking forward to the brutal depreciation after 4 years that the european cars seem to have, the Japanese don't dive as bad after the warranty ends.

How about maintenance costs after the 4 years? Audi seems to be an impressive car and build quality is very good, any bad experiences after warranty with other later model Audi's obviously not the A5 as it isn't 4 years old yet.

I did get the 4 year no maintanence fee program thrown in so I won't have any repair costs to deal with other than tires and brakes during the warranty period. I'll proabably keep the car past 4 years unless it is a POS.

That 7 speed dual clutch will be awesome indeed, I did know it was coming out later on. Since this is a DD I'm taking the 6 speed auto.

Wow $132,000usd, I was wondering what the jump in price would be. Beautiful car for sure and the RS seems impressive, are you going to add turbo's are any other mods to the car?

I have heard rumors the gearbox will be awesome, hopefully it is.

The question still remains, will it be a TT V8 or a N/A V8, untill I know for sure, its hard to tell. Unfortuneately, it looks like Audi are developing a all new 4.0 litre high revving V8 with around 450HP (this will also be in a upgraded R8 V8 next year)

Suspension/lowering and exhaust etc will be on the car day one though, of course! :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks for all the comments guys, I appreciate the feedback. This is my first Audi "badged" car so have no experience with them, I usually had Honda/Acura, Toyota/Lexus for the DD's. I'm not looking forward to the brutal depreciation after 4 years that the european cars seem to have, the Japanese don't dive as bad after the warranty ends.

How about maintenance costs after the 4 years? Audi seems to be an impressive car and build quality is very good, any bad experiences after warranty with other later model Audi's obviously not the A5 as it isn't 4 years old yet.

I did get the 4 year no maintanence fee program thrown in so I won't have any repair costs to deal with other than tires and brakes during the warranty period. I'll proabably keep the car past 4 years unless it is a POS.

It's just as solid as any other BMW or Mercedes, which is above average, with the 4 year package you definetely have nothing to worry about! Both my Audis have been solid as a brickwall, knock on wood :icon_thumleft:

Jokes aside, S/RS5 is a great car. :icon_thumleft:

It is :icon_thumleft:

Roughly huh? :icon_mrgreen:

I used Forex, I'm lazy.

Damn, that's less than the A5 3.2 in Norway lol.

Have had several Audi S cars, all been great!

Well Norway sucks :thefinger: EU perhaps :icon_thumleft:

They are great cars, you should know! :eusa_dance: