U.S. Navy SEALs Capture notorious Terrorist

Roman

My patients that fought in WWII said Gitmo would have never existed back then. They say they would have all been killed before questions would be asked.

As it should be. I say we pull out of all of these countries, and when people come crying for our help, we turn a shoulder. People think we interfere too much as it is. You think Iraq, Afghanistan, or Pakistan are going to pay us back for the Billions we have invested in attempt to protect their people? NOPE. Have 90% of the Countries we helped during WWII paid us back for what we lent for reparations? Nope.

We have our own issues here. They are disgracing the heroes of our country with this garbage media propaganda.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the seals came to get me I'd be happy to be alive and not have 5 bullet holes in my forehead! A bloody lip ... really?

cat_FACEPALM.jpg

As it should be. I say we pull out of all of these countries, and when people come crying for our help, we turn a shoulder. People think we interfere too much as it is. You think Iraq, Afghanistan, or Pakistan are going to pay us back for the Billions we have invested in attempt to protect their people? NOPE. Have 90% of the Countries we helped during WWII paid us back for what we lent for reparations? Nope.

We have our own issues here. They are disgracing the heroes of our country with this garbage media propaganda.

WOW, just WOW!

Honestly I wouldn´t have expected this here on board with grown up intelligent people.....

This gonna lock the tread, but have you heard of the post ww2 Marshall help? And the "payback" from present conflict will be stable regions and less threat against you and others around the globe. Payback cannot always be measured in dollars

WOW, just WOW!

Honestly I wouldn´t have expected this here on board with grown up intelligent people.....

What are you wowing about? People who kill US soldiers should be killed. Not taken to prison, and given a court date. These 3 men have dedicated their life for their country, and may lose their livelihood because they gave him a fat lip?

The world thinks we are too involved with matters of other countries issues. That is nothing new. Our country is drowning in debt. Hell, California is going bankrupt! We can't afford to pay teachers and police officers salaries to have our children be safe and succeed, yet we do more for other countries. We can't afford the proper field armor to keep our troops safe.

This gonna lock the tread, but have you heard of the post ww2 Marshall help? And the "payback" from present conflict will be stable regions and less threat against you and others around the globe. Payback cannot always be measured in dollars

I know it will be locked. It was doomed from the beginning.

2 things to think about. 1-we placed Saddam Hussein into power in Iraq, and yes, he and his children needed to be removed

2-I am not generally a conspiracy theorist, but there is no way IMO that Osama Bin Laden shouldn't be caught by now. Either he is somehow working for us, or he has his thumb on a big missile pointed towards us. It is impossible for me to believe that with all of the technology we have, we can't catch a 6 foot 6 tall bearded man on dialysis after the 10+ years we have been looking for him.

Other than taking out those 2, and the rest of the Taliban, I see no reason to be over there.

What are you wowing about? People who kill US soldiers should be killed. Not taken to prison, and given a court date. These 3 men have dedicated their life for their country, and may lose their livelihood because they gave him a fat lip?

Of course this thing with the seals is rediculess, but people who kills US soldiers should be killed? First off, soldiers dies. Thats just how it is. The differ is whether they are killed by conventional armed forces or rebels/terrorists or accidents or whatever.

On this occasion there were rebels who killed armed military contractors in their own occupied country. Not that I like what they do, but please(!), have some empathy! Wouldn't you take shots at the soldiers and contractors occupying your country? Among the biggest heroes in my own country are the WW2 heroes who killed nazis or sabotaged them in some way, and how you look upon them 100% depends of the outcome of the conflict. Those heroes would have been killed if the nazis had won the war, but were rather threated as heroes since they lost

The world thinks we are too involved with matters of other countries issues. That is nothing new. Our country is drowning in debt. Hell, California is going bankrupt! We can't afford to pay teachers and police officers salaries to have our children be safe and succeed, yet we do more for other countries. We can't afford the proper field armor to keep our troops safe.

1-we placed Saddam Hussein into power in Iraq, and yes, he and his children needed to be removed

Believe me. If cali really went bankrupt they would just increase taxes over night to solve the problem. Rather that then complete anarchy

You "do more" for other countries... You don't think that got something to do with the fact that you might benefit from it in the long run? There is always a reason. Why did you place Saddam there in the first place? Because of charity? Do you donate billions of dollars to the pakistanis because you feel sorry for the innocents in Waziristan and the Swat valley? Probably not. So is it cynical? Yes. Wrong? Maybe. But it's the job of your president to secure future interests of your country almost irregardless of the costs.

Alot of selfishness in this thread, you guys should try to put yourself in the role of the "enemy" from time to time...

Alot of selfishness in this thread, you guys should try to put yourself in the role of the "enemy" from time to time...

I will stop with you now. That is a rediculous comment.

I dont like it in coffins.

2-I am not generally a conspiracy theorist, but there is no way IMO that Osama Bin Laden shouldn't be caught by now. Either he is somehow working for us, or he has his thumb on a big missile pointed towards us. It is impossible for me to believe that with all of the technology we have, we can't catch a 6 foot 6 tall bearded man on dialysis after the 10+ years we have been looking for him.

Other than taking out those 2, and the rest of the Taliban, I see no reason to be over there.

Your post is so full of inaccuracies that I dont know where to start.

How about: Hes not 6 foot 6.... He's barely 6 foot tall. Its fairly common for prehistoric cultures to ascribe superhuman physical attributes to their leaders.

Hes not on Dialysis.

Hes not in Afghanistan.

His last known location is a region about the size of the state of Florida. In a topography that makes it IMPOSSIBLE for strangers to approach without giving him several days notice of their advance. In a country that has been steadfastly reluctant to aid us or allow us to operate in their borders, and have his supporters at the very highest levels of their intelligence communities....

They are people who cannot be bribed ("here's 20 million dollars.... Not sure what you buy with it.... Maybe you can wipe your ass with it or use it to make a nice fire"). And they live by tribal rules of loyalty based on blood and intermarraige.

And all of THAT assumes he's still in Parachinar/Peshawar. And theres no reason to think he is....

So tell me Mike..... Where is he?

What he's NOT doing.... And what our presence in the east crapistans has really achieved is, he's not operating his training camps with impunity out in the open.... ANY training that is going on is restricted to being done undercover.... We've made it very difficult for him to recruit fresh soldiers, train them, or communicate with them. His money (which was NEVER as much as news reports made it out to be) is gone. His ability to raise more (which was always his greatest asset and use) has been put under extreme pressure.

If you want to understand what we're up against, read the Thomas Greer book (I think its called Hunting Bin Laden) and the Looming Towers.

It's not like we have to walk up to him to see if he is there. If he comes out of the ground, we would be able to spot him with our technology.

The other thing is, if this was WWII era, we would have blown up a place the size of Florida to Kill him and his cronies. If the tables were turned, they wouldn't blink to do it.

The CIA and FBI both say he his between 6 foot 4 and 6 foot 6. They both say there is credible information that points to him having renal failure and being on dialysis.

Believe me. If cali really went bankrupt they would just increase taxes over night to solve the problem. Rather that then complete anarchy

They have over the years, but they have always increased spending even moreso along with it, so now the state has a crushing debt and crushing taxes. They wanted to raise them higher and the people said no.

You "do more" for other countries... You don't think that got something to do with the fact that you might benefit from it in the long run? There is always a reason.

Genorosity.

Guest skokos

In lees words..wow..just wow. I don't try puting myself in the role of anyone who fights against US soldiers. fcuk them and you should have some sense whipped into you. Please lock this shit,its making me fcuking sick. Un-patriotic,bleeding heart scumbag.

In lees words..wow..just wow. I don't try puting myself in the role of anyone who fights against US soldiers. fcuk them and you should have some sense whipped into you. Please lock this shit,its making me fcuking sick. Un-patriotic,bleeding heart scumbag.

If a foreign country invaded the US ostensibly to remove Obama because they felt he was evil and bad for the people of America, would you

i) support them and cheer them on

ii) stay neutral and go on with your day to day life

iii) Pick up arms and fight them. Yes you don't like Obama but this is your country and a foreign country should not be interfering in your affairs.

thank you :)

The difference though is that the American would be fighting for their country to keep an evil, oppressive invader out that was hellbent on conquest and domination. The U.S. in the M.E. is not hellbent on conquest and then subjecting the peoples there to its rule. You don't have American troops raping and pillaging villages. Instead it went in and freed a people from a brutal dictator, and now it is fighting terrorists who are hellbent on dominating the people and subjecting them to a brutal form of existence.

If a foreign country invaded the US ostensibly to remove Obama because they felt he was evil and bad for the people of America, would you

iii) Pick up arms and fight them. Yes you don't like Obama but this is your country and a foreign country should not be interfering in your affairs.

Are you honestly comparing Obama to Saddam? Or the populaces support of them?

The people of Iraq were no fan of Saddam. Look at their uprising after the 91 Gulf War. Look at his history of massive genocide to put down uprising's of his own people before and after 91.

The Iraqi people didn't like or care for Saddam. Guess you are fairly quick to forget all the cheering, applause, etc most of our troops encountered when we over threw him. How the Iraqi's got a front loader and knocked down a rather large statue of Saddam. Pretty quick to forget that eh?

Are you honestly comparing Obama to Saddam? Or the populaces support of them?

+1

The best way to break through phony moral relativism is to compare human rights records.

The CIA and FBI both say he his between 6 foot 4 and 6 foot 6. They both say there is credible information that points to him having renal failure and being on dialysis.

Those heights are based on various accounts gathered by various sources prior to 2001.

Many people have come forward (including members of Bin Laden's immediate family) since then and discounted those descriptions.... He's tall for an Arab, and even taller to Afghan eyes. And he's extremely skinny.... And he is always seen with his Pakol and the traditional long Afghan shirt.... All of those add up to make him seem taller than he actually is.

As far as the Dialysis.... Most have come to the conclusion that was wrong. It comes from his appearance in the videos right after 911, and that some of his followers said he had problems with his kidneys. Its since been learned that his appearance was the result of being seriously injured in Tora Bora (we know where, when and who treated him for those injuries). His "Kidney problems" are now thought to just be Kidney Stones.

As far as "our technology" that can mystically find him if he sticks his head out of hit hole.... Sorry.

There are basically three types of applicable intelligence gathering for hunting someone... Human Intelligence (somebody tells you where he is, or better yet, where hes gonna be in a few hours) signal intelligence (You listen in to his telephone or trace his emails, redflag his passport or credit cards, etc) or Imagery (satellites/aerial vehicle observance)... The third is obvious the most random.... You have to get lucky. He has to stick his head out when a set of eyes is looking at the place he happens to be.... And he knows when the satellites are looking..... So he doesnt stick his head out anymore.

He doesnt use ANY electronic means of communication any more.... All of his communication is done by courier.... And in most instances they dont know who theyre couriering for (and the ones who do are fiercely loyal)....

And finally, nobody has turned him in.... At least in a way that we can catch him.... He travels in a group.... He has between 5 and 20 fiercely loyal, heavily armed Egyptians who act as his personal bodyguards. When they move (and they seem to move quite often) a few of his guards walk into the village first, tell the tribal leaders "HI... Heres your choice.... Were going to be taking over for the next 2 days.... Everybody is to go into their homes and not come out.... If they do, we will kill you all.... If you stay put, your hospitality will be rewarded. " The town shuts down, he rolls in and he hangs there until he thinks its time to move again. our guys usually find out a week or so after the fact.

Its primitive.... Its low tech, and its been highly effective in shielding him from us.

Some think he died a few years ago.... Thats possible too.

Barrack Obama was democratically elected, and to the best of my knowledge didnt kill the leaders of the opposition party on the inauguration night.

IF he were to become a Sadam Hussein, and brought the strength of the office and the U.S. military against his fellow Americans or some subset thereof to further his own personal agenda, I WOULD BEG for another country to come in and help us....

Roman just wondering, how does he know when the satellites are looking? Is there a way to track the satellites or something?

Roman just wondering, how does he know when the satellites are looking? Is there a way to track the satellites or something?

The orbits of the various spy satellites are a closely guarded and thoroughly compromised secret.

A lot of nonsense spouted in this thread, whenever a thread like this reared its head people develop the internet tough nut stance and believe they would be happy just shooting someone someone just in a click of a finger.

Romandad raises some fair points about giving soldiers the benefit of the doubt. In a way he is right but sadly the world is more complicated than that. Soldier are fighting a politicians and it is the politics at home that is really not helping.

We need to ask politely, for intelligence from captured enemy operatives.

These good deeds, will bring Obama respect in other parts of the world (unlike Bush), and a willingness from those countries to build coalitions with America, in protecting the broad interests of the democratic free world.

Anybody need a minesweeper, in an effort to contribute to the gwot ?

This post is the definition of correctness.

Though taking a step away from the actual topic (because everyone else has) America has to cotton onto the notion of an eye for an eye does not work. If you travel half way across the world to promote a fair and just society you must adopt that for every section.

**A lot of good facts**

What he's NOT doing.... And what our presence in the east crapistans has really achieved is, he's not operating his training camps with impunity out in the open.... ANY training that is going on is restricted to being done undercover.... We've made it very difficult for him to recruit fresh soldiers, train them, or communicate with them. His money (which was NEVER as much as news reports made it out to be) is gone. His ability to raise more (which was always his greatest asset and use) has been put under extreme pressure.

If you want to understand what we're up against, read the Thomas Greer book (I think its called Hunting Bin Laden) and the Looming Towers.

Also American trained. He knows the practises and the protocols.

The money is still there but not his. But this GWOT will not end once he has been found. It is not just one guy!

Anyway my feelings in short: I support our soldiers, I do not support the war.