Hard top? For roadster?

fgt

I believe member DLM was in the process of making a CF roof a while back. Maybe you can PM him to see if it is still in the works.

Other than that I believe BF makes one, and I know there is one more company that does out of Europe.

Look at their roof , it is not very flattering also it looks like the door can't open with the roof on . http://www.italcardesign.ch/page2.html

Notice our soft tops are notched to clear the rear door pillar .

I had owned a boat mfg co. have some knowledge of composites , mould making and have many contacts in the industry . If any one wanted to team up to design build the top I'd be very interested .

I believe this is the ItalCarDesign roof... car is at Garage Affolter...

hardtop.jpg

Do you have a shot of that from the rear ? From that angle I can see the door clearance .

I wonder if one could be built that collapses for front bonnet storage .

There is also this design by Genaddi, the people that made the Ford GTX-1 roadsters...

lamborghini-murcielago-genaddi-hard.jpg

lambo3-10-12-07.jpg

lambo-10-12-07.jpg

lambo2-10-12-07.jpg

... the website says they are in production phase right now, and they claim the top folds to fit in the front trunk, installs in 1 minute and offers "perfect fit" using a billet aluminum frame and alloy skin...

Edit: Forgot to add the website link... Genaddi's Murci Roadster Roof

Yes i talked to them,wish my italian was better.I wish it be stored but, i would just leave it on if i was to going somewhere.Its looks good enough to leave on i think.But where i live im never far from the house or place i could get out of rain.I just don't know about being able to getting it fitted.

• 4 weeks later...

hardtop.jpg

What body kit is this? Looks like a different version of Premier, especially the front bumper.

• 4 months later...

hardtop.jpg

Take away the decals and the chrome lip on the wheels and this is one hot Fcking Lambo!

• 1 month later...

I'm commencing construction of a stowable hardtop this fall when I put the car away . I'm using my Roadster as the model to build the part .

One forum member I've been in contact with is going to offer input with the design .

BTW , I welcome any input .

I'm commencing construction of a stowable hardtop this fall when I put the car away . I'm using my Roadster as the model to build the part .

One forum member I've been in contact with is going to offer input with the design .

BTW , I welcome any input .

Since I'm through this I will share some input with you.

- Do not expect to sell the piece in 100's. Be happy with 10 to 50 pieces.

- Developing will take huge amount of time (and money)

- Consider, that it does not take longer then the original roof to mount and that you don't need a degree form NASA to install it.

- Go to Germany and test it at 270km/h as I did and do hopefully not get surprised. At 120km/h it will work fine, but...

- Let it during some hours by heavy rain outside.

- Before selling one piece, make sure to consult an attorney about liabilities issues (like loosing the roof at high speed due to unproper mounting) and warranty

- study the overroll bars by your Murcielago roadster and figure out, which impacts this could have.

- Examine the rubber seals after several mountings and closings

- make sure, that the hardtop does not damage the body nor the leather when installed

- And try to keep the costs below $ 10'000.00

I would use my time for something else

Good luck