Drove the Vette C6 today.

rakjoe

Hmm.... :-k

The exhauste sounds nice and the navigation looks good, XM radio too..

But where is the suspension go ? #-o and steering and handling ? ](*,)

The power is ok but for $66K I expect much more.

:-k :-k :-k [-X

words like "suspension" "steering" "handling" don t go well with Vettes :lol:

66k for a C6? Or the Plastic mess-06?

For the C6 Targa fully loaded, is the Plastic mess-06 available ? didn't know that.

A friend bought a C6 today, drove his car up and down the hills, big diapointment.

It is so sad how the top domestic sports car is so behind the euro cars those days, it's not even funny.

No bashing intendend but the POS is a true piece of human waste when it comes to handling the steering input, road surface and power aplication.

I didn't realise how far behind our car technology is those days, it is very sad IMO.

:cb :cb :cb :cb :cb

Well there is a reason why Bimers MBs L-cars P-cars F-cars etc sell everywhere while Vettes sell only in the States.Who cares for Vettes in Europe anyway?In my country they are considered obsolete technology and since price is about the same as a 911 or a M3 no1 is buying them.

Rakjoe - With the stunners you have in your garage, driving that POS is like having a supermodel wife, an 18 year old mistress and then cheating with the fat girl down the street and wondering why the ride isnt as good :shock: :lol:

Then again, i suppose fat girls need loving too ... if thats your thing :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rakjoe - With the stunners you have in your garage, driving that POS is like having a supermodel wife, an 18 year old mistress and then cheating with the fat girl down the street and wondering why the ride isnt as good   :shock:  :lol:

Then again, i suppose fat girls need loving too ... if thats your thing  :twisted:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

What you say is true but don't forget that this is a Lambo board and all other cars are mesured by a very high standard.

However, I did enjoy in the past much cheaper cars than the POS, I love all kind of cars regardless of their price or exlusivity. The POS is a bad handling car not only when compared to 996 or Murcie but alot of other cars I have driven before, some of them way cheaper than 66k.

Vettes use leaf springs:these things are older than my gradpa :lol: What handling can you expect?.I remember you said you enjoy small french cars (like Clio 205) which of course are much cheaper than a POS.I'd say that a POS is not a fat girl-more like a fat 50+ year old redneck if you ask me :mrgreen:

Vettes use leaf springs:these things are older than my gradpa :lol: What handling can you expect?.I remember you said you enjoy small french cars (like Clio 205) which of course are much cheaper than a POS.I'd say that a POS is not a fat girl-more like a fat 50+ year old redneck if you ask me  :mrgreen:

Exactly my point.

the Peugeot 205 GTI of mid 80s' is one of my all time favourite handling cars, what a blast to drive. not the most sophisticated suspension but very good balanced car that with little power and for little money gives you so much fun.

rakjoe, while Im currently pissed at mine, have u ever driven a cooper? IMO, very well balanced, and as far as front wheel drive goes, the best I think!

rakjoe, while Im currently pissed at mine, have u ever driven a cooper? IMO, very well balanced, and as far as front wheel drive goes, the best I think!

I agree, it is indeed very balanced car, a blast to drive.

rakjoe wanna trade the Murci for a 205 ? :mrgreen:

205t16fqogil29bl.th.jpg

I remember the Group B 205:That was a beast.

Hmm.... :-k  

The exhauste sounds nice and the navigation looks good, XM radio too..

But where is the suspension go ? #-o and steering and handling ? ](*,)  

The power is ok but for $66K I expect much more.

:-k  :-k  :-k  [-X

F that id rather get a Lotus Super7 kitcar for 30k less and it will out perform the C6 or Plastic mess-06 in every aspect depending on what setup i use. Plus it looks alot better.

Im hoping the new Plastic mess-06 lives up to what im hearing all this talking about it and how it can out perform anything costing twice as much. I highly doubt the quilty of the new Plastic mess-06 will be all that great.

Try daily driving a Lotus Super 7. Many POS owners use their cars as DD. That being said its still got a long ways to go suspension wise and refinement wise. It produces great #'s but with none of the Finesse of the M3, 996.

But they sure are great racecars as the Murcie GTR is likely to find out at Sebring.

The race car has very little in common with the street car.The corvette race program is one of the best right now as GM has poured a ton of money in R&D and the results show it.

But they sure are great racecars as the Murcie GTR is likely to find out at Sebring.

The race car has very little in common with the street car.The POS race program is one of the best right now as GM has poured a ton of money in R&D and the results show it.

So pretty much they are like Nascars.

BTW most of those people from Car&Driver and Road&Track are biaist. They are pro POS with everything they talk about.

Even less than Nascar.The Nascar cars weigh about 4000lbs and use carbs and 4 speed trannys.The Corvette is state of the art

That being said its still got a long ways to go suspension wise and refinement wise. It produces great #'s but with none of the Finesse of the M3, 996.

POS "fans" should realise that car/drive pleasure is more than just a straight line-and, it should last for more than just a 1/4 mile!

The race car has very little in common with the street car.The POS race program is one of the best right now as GM has poured a ton of money in R&D and the results show it.

Audi seems to be able to win a race when they want too and the Murcie GTR at Sebring is a factory effort no?

The MC 12, should it be allowed certinly is.

You're correct about the POS effort but privateer 550's did fine in 04 as well.

When the flag drops the bullshit stops and I doubt Lambo's gonna make the podium this time but we shall soon see.