The last GM bigblock rolls off the line...

el_chorizo

Does anyone proofread this swil?

Finch said the big-block V-8s had a rich history within GM. They were used in vehicles including the Corvair...

:eusa_think: :eusa_wall:

Big block Corvair?

That would be a FUN ride :)

been there and done it. Not so much fun, as much as holy shit i just saw my life flash before my eyes! very unsafe. you could actually feel the chasi flexing underneath you. did wheelies very easy though;) i'll see if i cant dig up some pics.

It's about time they killed BB. LS motors are far superior. even in a tow rig, the BB is a thing of the past. Diesel or nothing for a tow rig.

GM Performance Parts has a ~454ci LSx motor out now that produces something like 620hp through a carburetor. There's no denying the capability of that motor with the amount of air it can flow. With 6 bolt mains and head bolts galore you can put plenty of boost through that motor and still have a reliable cruiser.

is that SB or BB then. you can punch a SB all the way out to like 47x.

the LSX motors have been seen in the 1500hp range all the time. and even in a some what streetable car. there is a guy here in town with stock casting 6.0 that was pushing well over 1000rwhp on e98. the LS motors are so simple, and so reliable. it is really hard to argue against the power it makes reliably.

still don't like vettes much though;)

Thats a small block.

the LSX motors have been seen in the 1500hp range all the time. and even in a some what streetable car. there is a guy here in town with stock casting 6.0 that was pushing well over 1000rwhp on e98. the LS motors are so simple, and so reliable. it is really hard to argue against the power it makes reliably.

still don't like vettes much though;)

Ive got one.

Camaro with a 427ci LSX tagged and titled street car. Current setup will put well over 1500 to the wheels

Looking for mid-high 7's out of it this spring

Recently built but is extremely reliable thus far. Cars with extensive shit done to them will always have little bugs that pop up but nothing too serious so far