Spy shots of possible Mucielago replacement - mule

dyvatvol15

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Impossible to judge anything from that mule (nor should we try), but this early early early look is at least promising.

I don't know . . . When the early test mules of the Murcielago were spied (during the end of the Diablo era), the final product ended up looking a WHOLE lot like those spy shots. Same overall basic shape, curves (or lack thereof), etc. Just some details, like lights, trim and finish of the back end were revealed to be different once the production version debuted.

So this COULD be damn close to what the final product ends up looking like. But let's hope not. That design concept for a "new Countach" in one of the other threads is MUCH more along the lines of what I'd hope it will end up looking like. If only.

I don't know . . . When the early test mules of the Murcielago were spied (during the end of the Diablo era), the final product ended up looking a WHOLE lot like those spy shots. Same overall basic shape, curves (or lack thereof), etc. Just some details, like lights, trim and finish of the back end were revealed to be different once the production version debuted.

So this COULD be damn close to what the final product ends up looking like. But let's hope not. That design concept for a "new Countach" in one of the other threads is MUCH more along the lines of what I'd hope it will end up looking like. If only.

Those details are everything. The shape? Sure, that can likely be gleaned from this mule. Headlights? Wheels? Air intakes? Other critical details? No. That all is subject to change as testing continues, combined with the camo in those shots. Similarly to the LP560, which looked like shit in the early shots (Reiter spied testing it) and then when camo and other details were exposed looked far better.

It looks promising though, I'll give it that. And I agree with your thoughts on that "new Countach" thread, with a few tweaks that kid's design could be amazing.

The details matter, no doubt. I'll agree with you there. But if this mule shows the basic, overall shape/lines of the car, as the Murcielago's mule showed it's basic (in my eyes too bland, not dramatic enough) lines way back then, then I'd be a little disappointed, judging by the lines of this thing. I don't see it giving me wood.

BUT, I could be wrong, and again, maybe the body on this thing is purely a piecemeal, ad hoc body that will have nothing to do with the end product. I hope so.

Those details are everything. The shape? Sure, that can likely be gleaned from this mule. Headlights? Wheels? Air intakes? Other critical details? No. That all is subject to change as testing continues, combined with the camo in those shots. Similarly to the LP560, which looked like shit in the early shots (Reiter spied testing it) and then when camo and other details were exposed looked far better.

It looks promising though, I'll give it that. And I agree with your thoughts on that "new Countach" thread, with a few tweaks that kid's design could be amazing.

Interesting details about Murcielago successor uncovered by british Autocar magazine:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/246530/

That article sounds very promising, I wonder how much of it wishful thinking?

I know Lambo will get the design right I am more concerned about what will be underneath.

Lambo has to do something radical if not their whole business can be in the toilet, they will need to get that car right.

The task is huge, they will have to come up with a package that will outshine or equal the technology found in cars such as the upcoming McLaren.

All that technology and use of exotic materials comes to a cost, everybody wants it but how many are prepared to pay what is really worth?

I am guessing not many, that's why I am concerned, since making Lambos is a business and businesses have to show profits, since VAG has Bugatti helping them get rid of some profits, do they need one more? The answer is probably No

It is not an easy task let's hope they can pull it off if they won't I think Lambo will go on the chopping block and we will have to start translating our owners manuals from chinese to english :icon_mrgreen:

Oh come on keith, we all know test mules look almost identical to the final product! :lol2: :rolleyes:

Like the enzo test mule!

2000_Ferrari_EnzoPrototypeM31.jpg

believe it or not but i liked that bad ass 348!! ;)

That article sounds very promising, I wonder how much of it wishful thinking?

I know Lambo will get the design right I am more concerned about what will be underneath.

Lambo has to do something radical if not their whole business can be in the toilet, they will need to get that car right.

The task is huge, they will have to come up with a package that will outshine or equal the technology found in cars such as the upcoming McLaren.

All that technology and use of exotic materials comes to a cost, everybody wants it but how many are prepared to pay what is really worth?

I am guessing not many, that's why I am concerned, since making Lambos is a business and businesses have to show profits, since VAG has Bugatti helping them get rid of some profits, do they need one more? The answer is probably No

It is not an easy task let's hope they can pull it off if they won't I think Lambo will go on the chopping block and we will have to start translating our owners manuals from chinese to english :icon_mrgreen:

Just look at how the LP-560 came out.. Simply a beast killer in stock form of any car today. They made the front more radical and really improved the performance to scary proportions for the class of car it is. Rest assured, I think they have something special for us with the big daddy. It will have been 10years of Murc by the time this thing comes out. The advances will probably far outweigh what we've seen in the past from Lamborghini...Hopefully.

When Aston Martin were testing the Vanquish they put the engine and the tranny into what car?

Ultima GTR. Does the Ultima look or have any design details like the Vanquish? No.

:iamwithstupid:

I don't think they would make a non-scissor Flagship model. My only concern is that it would be DSG-only, (no gated gearboxes anymore).

Coorrrr here we go again. E-gear/DSG enables emissions results to be lowered, lower emissions means that Lambo can sell cars that meet government legislation. Selling cars mean they stay in business.

Plus also look across town to Ferrari, they only sell F1 paddle shit now. Why? Two reasons. One, they have got it working in the 458. the second is because it is so expensive to design and engineer two different ECUs, one for old hat dinosaur manual shifting and one for Egear.

Manual is out, get use to it or go out an buy a manual Balboni.

I don't see why discussion and speculation on future models upsets you so much. I actually find it (the time when there's an upcoming all-new model in the works) one of the most exciting times in the world of Lamborghini, a marque of which we're all obviously big fans, hence our being here, and I find discussing and speculating on those upcoming models entirely fun and interesting, as do many others.

You ever hear sports fans discuss upcoming potential trades of players and future lineups of the team, and which teams are going to be great next season, even if it's currently the off-season for that sport? Same kind of thing.

What harm does it do? Some of us are enjoying this conversation. You don't have to read the thread if you don't want to.

Blah, blah, blah......

Stop wasting time.

Test mule. Done.

Oooh-kay . . . That was effective.

Anyway, carry on, gents.

Oh shit,

Can somebody answer teen bopper Bob's question for me?

I've got a more important talk with Dr. Bombay.

Oh shit,

Can somebody answer teen bopper Bob's question for me?

I've got a more important talk with Dr. Bombay.

am I missing something?

I realized that based on most of your posts you are very frustrated with Lamborghini, I get that and that's perfectly fine with me I couldn't care less what you like and what you don't.

May I ask why is it so bad for some of the members to voice their opinions or speculate on the upcoming models?

What else is there to be said other than speculate?

Let's just close the thread and move on we saw the test mule we obviously can't talk about it so there is no point for the thread to stay open.

Now the Bomb, its a Gallardo no Murciélago :bleh:

Source of that information, please? I really doubt that your statement is even 1% true, just look at the proportions and the size of this test mule, as well as it is too early to have Gallardo replacement mules running around. So please share the source of your information.

a007apl knows what his talking about I don't think he's in the position to tell you whom his source is :icon_mrgreen:

Let me disagree with you, this member keeps insisting and quotating his sources that Gallardo LP570-4 will be named SV, even after during official presentation in Singapore, where it was officially called Superleggera. I respect him, but I am not able not to trust my eyes - as I said before, just look at the proportions of this car, its very hard to believe it is a Gallardo.

D55L, one good lambofriend/source mine tell me that.

Before I'm see in the doors Gallardo style no V12 (Countach, Diablo, Murciélago).

I'm agree with my lambofriend ...

This is just a test mule with plenty of body parts borrowed from existing Lambo models, so doors from Gallardo is not a proof that it is Gallardo test mule, for example panel behind the doors looks like it is borrowed from Audi R8, front window looks like from Gallardo as well. But I still doubt that it is Gallardo mule, proportions are very different from Gallardo and it is too early for Gallardo replacement test mules. Again I could be wrong it is strictly imo.

Let me disagree with you, this member keeps insisting and quotating his sources that Gallardo LP570-4 will be named SV, even after during official presentation in Singapore, where it was officially called Superleggera. I respect him, but I am not able not to trust my eyes - as I said before, just look at the proportions of this car, its very hard to believe it is a Gallardo.

I am doubting him myself on this one :icon_mrgreen: see my post above,but in the past his info was quite accurate and he's always very tightlipped about his sources.