The good old days of Fcrap!

200K for a CS? I was offered one for 180 recently.

1st on title means nothing? :lol: The car had delivery miles.... DELIVERY MILES. DO you know what that means? ITS A BRAND NEW CAR, The day he bought it was the inservice date. BRAND NEW CAR. REpeat after me.... BRAND NEW CAR.

The car that had all the problems was his 360 Coupe, Not the Spider. The Spider had a problem with the top, soon after delivery, but that was fixed. Its been 600 trouble free miles!

So now try sticking your head back up your ass.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allan

Allan a top that don't work isn't an issue? Why did you bring it up as an example as to what a POS the 360 Spyder was if you felt it wasn't?

Only an authorized Ferrari Dealer can sell you a new Ferrari. If you can't understand that you really are losing it. Your Uncle bought a used car.

What do you think the msrp of a CS was? You were offered a used G for 120K. What you were offered used cars for means nothing. What would mean something would be if you could post the name of an authorized Calif. Ferrari dealer that's willing to sell a 430 early delivery for msrp.

As you remain full of shit you won't because you can't.

Thanks for playing.

Joe

Nope. Tyke got a special deal from a rich friend who didn't care about $. His words to me. Not market price.

The Collection isn't an authorized Ferrari new car dealer so Allan's uncle didn't get a new 360 Spyder for msrp. (Perhaps that's why his had so many issues. It wasn't bought new from an authorized dealer. Who knows what happened to it before he bought it.)

As for your claim Joe, there are only a few authorized Ferrari dealers in Calif. Several are factory stores, they are all sold out for years. The 430 at cc is proof of that. That guy paid 275K. If you could buy one at msrp. you could flip it tomorrow for a large profit.

If what your saying is true why wouldn't you? There are several FCHAT guys that would pay 275K for a new 430 today. You post there all the time. Why wouldn't you want to make a quick 75K?

I know several and I'll put you in touch for free.

Jota, You are eating from the salsemans hand.

No dealer in the US is "sold out for years" you falling for sales spill way to easy my friend.

As for the car been offered, it's just what you hear (or read..); brand new for MSRP from an authorized dealer, I'm not a pro in the auto markets and you guys can analyze it better than me but a legitimate offer was made now say what you want.

I wouldn't speculate on such an offer as i'm not in it for money, that I leave to the person who made it, your estimatiion on 75k profit is grossley exagerated IMO.

:mrgreen:

Joe

Nope. Tyke got a special deal from a rich friend who didn't care about $. His words to me. Not market price.

The Collection isn't an authorized Ferrari new car dealer so Allan's uncle didn't get a new 360 Spyder for msrp. (Perhaps that's why his had so many issues. It wasn't bought new from an authorized dealer. Who knows what happened to it before he bought it.)

As for your claim Joe, there are only a few authorized Ferrari dealers in Calif. Several are factory stores, they are all sold out for years. The 430 at cc is proof of that. That guy paid 275K. If you could buy one at msrp. you could flip it tomorrow for a large profit.

If what your saying is true why wouldn't you? There are several FCHAT guys that would pay 275K for a new 430 today. You post there all the time. Why wouldn't you want to make a quick 75K?

I know several and I'll put you in touch for free.

Jota, You are eating from the salsemans hand.

No dealer in the US is "sold out for years" you falling for sales spill way to easy my friend.

As for the car been offered, it's just what you hear (or read..); brand new for MSRP from an authorized dealer, I'm not a pro in the auto markets and you guys can analyze it better than me but a legitimate offer was made now say what you want.

I wouldn't speculate on such an offer as i'm not in it for money, that I leave to the person who made it, your estimatiion on 75k profit is grossley exagerated IMO.

:mrgreen:

Joe

Who's mrgreen? The 275K is hard fact. Ferrari of OC sold the car at list to one of their good customers for msrp. The customer flipped the car to some one for 275K who also paid 15K in air freight to be first. The source of this is the leasing co. Check out the thread in So Cal FCHAT CC.

Hey if you know an authorized Ferrari dealer who has a 430 for early delivery at msrp. why not post their name? If they're legit I know many who will be happy to help them out. They want to sell the FCHATTERS want to buy. What's not to like?

Do warn them if they're not legit not to bother. Check out "My 2 430's for sale in FCHAT. Some people over there play hardball. That guy wound up talking to some guy named Clint. True...

Allan

Allan a top that don't work isn't an issue? Why did you bring it up as an example as to what a POS the 360 Spyder was if you felt it wasn't?

Only an authorized Ferrari Dealer can sell you a new Ferrari. If you can't understand that you really are losing it. Your Uncle bought a used car.

What do you think the msrp of a CS was? You were offered a used G for 120K. What you were offered used cars for means nothing. What would mean something would be if you could post the name of an authorized Calif. Ferrari dealer that's willing to sell a 430 early delivery for msrp.

As you remain full of shit you won't because you can't.

Jota, i think you talk to hear yourself talk. Has it ever dawned on you that teh Collection could have facillitaded the deal? I was in the car business for a LONG time. I know what new means, and i know what used means.

As for the top, it broke after he had the car, but then again, its a POS Ferrari that breaks.

And yes, the 360cS was a used car, i just had a random call, asking if i wanted it. Not long ago, they were WAY OVER MSRP. This was also a 2004 car.

As of now, go about knowing, that if i wanted a 430, i could of had one.

Thanks for playing.

Just because some idiot paid 275K for a 430, doesnt mean everyone will. Anyways, why are we argueing about this? Who the fcuk cares about a POS ugly ass 430?

Joe

Who's mrgreen? The 275K is hard fact. Ferrari of OC sold the car at list to one of their good customers for msrp. The customer flipped the car to some one for 275K who also paid 15K in air freight to be first. The source of this is the leasing co. Check out the thread in So Cal FCHAT CC.

You sure it was only one car they sold for list ?

;)

As for Fchat, again you over estimate, this time it's my involvment with Fchat.

The only sections I pay some attention to is the Lambochat and the offtopic.

If somebody did flip a 430 for 90k than it must be the dealer himself using a friend to front him and I bet the buyer was an A-list rapper.

P.S

I heard that the first few Murcies sold in 2002 to some rappers and ball players fetched over half a mill each ($500,000.00)+

Jota

what is with the obsession about getting a name???Just because Allan doesn't want to divulge his sources does not make him a bullshitter.Also,just because you are calling him a bullshitter doesn't mean he has to sing like a canary.

Obviously the market in California is full of idiots who are willing to buy into the sold out lies of the Ferrari dealers there and pay over MSRP and if was the dealer and had such an easy target clientele if would do the exact same thing.

I personally don't care for the 430 and couldn't care less if the Gallardos are selling for less tham MSRP.

You also mention that buying the car from an unauthorized dealer is different than buying one from the dealer directly???If the car is brand new,why would there be a difference.???Who do you suppose did the unauthorised dealer or broker buy the car from???They certainly did not parachute it into the country and if they are selling a brand new car at MSRP,they certainly did not buy it for more money than what they are selling it for.

If the market is so hot,why would any dealer sell a car to anyone,wether it is a broker or another dealer without slapping a huge premium.It is obvious it is a matter of pick and choose and find the sucker that you can soak the most

Jota

what is with the obsession about getting a name???Just because Allan doesn't want to divulge his sources does not make him a bullshitter.Also,just because you are calling him a bullshitter doesn't mean he has to sing like a canary.

Obviously the market in California is full of idiots who are willing to buy into the sold out lies of the Ferrari dealers there and pay over MSRP and if was the dealer and had such an easy target clientele if would do the exact same thing.

I personally don't care for the 430 and couldn't care less if the Gallardos are selling for less tham MSRP.

You also mention that buying the car from an unauthorized dealer is different than buying one from the dealer directly???If the car is brand new,why would there be a difference.???Who do you suppose did the unauthorised dealer or broker buy the car from???They certainly did not parachute it into the country and if they are selling a brand new car at MSRP,they certainly did not buy it for more money than what they are selling it for.

If the market is so hot,why would any dealer sell a car to anyone,wether it is a broker or another dealer without slapping a huge premium.It is obvious it is a matter of pick and choose and find the sucker that you can soak the most

Quickly. Authorized Ferrari dealers are prohibited from selling any new Ferrari for over msrp. Because of demand they often only sell to their "best" customers who do flip the cars. The reason there's a difference is that many of the cars that are offered as "new" aren't. They are often not US legal as the 2 that were offered on FCHAT. ( The ones the Fed's are now aware of.)

As for Ferrari OC everyone knows exactly how many were sold and of course there were more than one.

F 430's are trading at 275K. Are those paying that going to come out $ wise? Who knows? Who cares? They are making themselves happy as you are with your G. That's all that matters.

The fact is unless you have a big relationship with a Ferrari dealer you can't buy a 430 at msrp for years.

There are many reasons 430's are sold out and G's aren't and I agree that they don't prove anything about either one except that there are for whatever reasons more people who want 430's than G's and Murcie's combined.

Allan would rather drive an Lotus than a 355 spyder Kewl. Others wouldn't. The idea that anyone is right about what to drive except for themselves is silly.

As an aside before you shell out for a "new" 430 you may want to follow Clint's advice and make sure the one you're offered is US legal and in fact new. Once again "first on title" means nothing as these 2 430's proved.

I received a VIN for the F430 and viewed several pictures of it. Preliminarily, the vehicle does not appear to conform to all Federal motor vehicle safety standards (FMVSS). Additionally, the VIN does not comport to the requirements of 49 CFR 565 (i.e. check digit, etc.). This is a good indictor that it was manufactured for a market other than North America. Second, the pictures show that the vehicle lacks side marker/side reflex reflectors required by FMVSS No. 108. I have asked the manufacturer for the history of the vehicle and expect a return soon. If it was not certified by its manufacturer as meeting all applicable FMVSS and does not have a certification label affixed to it by the manufacturer, the only way it may be imported into the United States for resale is through a Registered Importer (RI) pursuant to an eligibility determination by NHTSA. The agency makes these decisions on the basis of petitions from RIs. Import eligibility decisions are made on a make, model, and model year basis. NHTSA has not determined the Ferrari F430 to be eligible for importation. The vehicle could therefore not have been lawfully imported unless it was originally manufactured to comply with all applicable FMVSS and was so certified by its original manufacturer.

My opinion is that the F430 was imported in violation of the laws and regulations that NHTSA administers. It is also a violation of 49 U.S.C. 30112(a) to offer for sale in the United States a non-conforming motor vehicle. As such the vehicle, if it is in the United States and being offered for sale, is subject to seizure by the U.S. Government.

Please also keep in mind that if this vehicle is not certified by its manufacturer as conforming to the emissions requirements of the U.S., an Independent Commercial Importer (ICI) must make modifications and seek EPA’s approval. You may wish to contact the EPA for assistance in this area.

Please advise your readers not to be duped into purchasing non-conforming vehicles that were smuggled into the United States. Ask the seller to show you the manufacturer’s certification label affixed to the vehicle, generally in the driver’s door area. The certification label will display the VIN, the date of production, and language that reads: “This vehicle conforms to all applicable Federal motor vehicle safety and bumper standards in effect on the date of manufacture shown above.” If it was imported by an RI and satisfactorily modified it will have affixed to it an RI certification label with the same statement.

For vehicles certified by an RI, ask the seller to show you the NHTSA bond release letter. NHTSA, when satisfied with the RIs evidence of FMVSS conformance modifications will release the bond under which the vehicle was imported by issuing a bond release letter.

NHTSA personnel can determine whether individual non-conforming vehicles were properly imported and modified by RIs. Just have the VIN ready and contact the Office of Vehicle Safety Compliance, Import and Certification Division for further assistance at 202-366-5291.

Clint Lindsay

Investigator, Import and Certification Division

Office of Vehicle Safety Compliance

National Highway Traffic Safety Administration

U.S. Department of Transportation

400 7th Street, SW, Room 6111

Washington, D.C. 20590-0001

Voice: (202) 366-5288

Fax: (202) 366-7092

Email: [email protected]

Wow...as a sideline observer, someone who buys an exotic about every 2 years and who has little knowledge on importation laws and such, this has raised enough questions in my mind to turn me completely off buying a Ferrari from a dealer, especially in California.

I wonder if Ferrari North America knows that its' reputation is being sullied by the odd Ferrari dealer/seller. Isn't Ferrari OC a certified Ferrari dealer?

It would be awesome if Ferrari North America were to post a list of dealers selling Ferraris with "questionable" backgrounds. Otherwise, I may not even buy a used one anytime soon.

And to whomever says the F430 isn't good looking, respectfully, I disagree..it is only Ferrari since the F355 that has excited me. IMHO....albeit not as much as my L car.

Once again, if a car is not brand new, than the in service date would not be on date of purchase. The car was BRAND NEW, IT IS SPECIFICLY MADE FOR THE U.S. MARKET. Nothing you come up with will change that. :finga:

What im feeling here, is you either put a deposit down, or would like to, cant, or are being duped. Good luck to you, and hope Ferrari ownership treats you well!

I forgot, I cant mention who offered them to me, because Im nailing the dudes wife and sister, and now that Ive said that, I DEFINTELY cannot say who it is.

Agreed. Its only going to get worse here. I believe Jota has made his point, and Allan has made...........a fool of himself. Par for the course.

Im outee. Y'all have a great weekend.

Yes, Allan, the fool who can get 430's for Msrp, vs the fool that cant.

And in the end, Cawcage has his hot wheels to play with.