04 Murci or 08 Gallardo

speedmadness

So i am in the market for a lambo. my budget is about 150k which puts me in between a 04 Murci or 08 Gallardo... Its no doubt that the Murci is much nicer but is it justifiable to get a car thats 6 years old? My concern is reliability and potential expensive maintenance problems.

what do you guys think?

So i am in the market for a lambo. my budget is about 150k which puts me in between a 04 Murci or 08 Gallardo... Its no doubt that the Murci is much nicer but is it justifiable to get a car thats 6 years old? My concern is reliability and potential expensive maintenance problems.

what do you guys think?

We need a can of worms icon as you have just opend one

Speedmadness, I know you are going to hear a ton of different feedback on this one. I can only tell you why I went with a Murcielago over my Gallardo. I owned the Gallardo for two years, put a nice exhaust on it, wheels, etc. Great car, no problems. I previously owned a Diablo SV and the Gallardo just did not have that Lambo awe - no vertical doors that Lamborghini is known for, wide backend, and just the overall more lethal look of the Diablo or Murcielago. So, for me, the Murcielago is what I prefer. I have had my Murcie now for two years and not one mechanical problem. I have about 14k miles on my Murcie. The gallardo is lighter, etc. but I do not race my car at the track so it does not matter to me. At the same time the Murcie has so much more torque, interior feels larger, the car itself is larger, etc.

I would not concern yourself with a car that is 4 years older than a 2008 G if it was well maintained, history checks out...a 2004 Murcie is still a pretty new car, especially if you find one with just 8-10k miles on it.

It is a no brainer to me personally = go with the Murcie! It is like considering buying a porcshe - do you buy the boxster or the 911...that is also a no brainer for me personally.

04 Murci or 08 Gallardo...what do you guys think?

For everyday use go with the Gallardo also if you are looking to track the car go with a G... if you want to realize a dream of owning a real sex on wheels the choice is simple, to this day the Murcielago is the sexiest car in the world, nothing comes close to it (maybe SLR), it's in a whole different league from Gallardo which is a great sport car but is not an exotic by any means..

Here is a plug for my own Murcielago that is currently for sale..

Just remember, just because you can buy a Murcie for 150k, does not mean Lamborghini prices their parts for that of a 150k car, they price them relative to a 300k+ car.

The general consensus is if you want a drivers car, you will enjoy the G. If you want a car that is an experience, you will enjoy the M.

Whatever you choose, PPI, PPI, PPI.

Chrislamborghiniatlanta, Brian from ECS, are two gentlemen who come to mind who should be able to help you find the car of your dreams. If you have any questions about maintenance, ownership, etc , use the search as there is a plethora of information here.

Feel free to post the cars you are looking at here, and I am sure you will soon get plenty of background information on the cars, information such as "This car was in a fire and rebuilt by Shazam! or Paris hilton sat in that seat"

If I were looking for an 04, I would go for rakjoes.

speedmadness, try a search to see if you can find thread on this matter that might help you as this question has been asked over and over and over.

General consensus= Gallardo is a better 'car', Murci is a better 'exotic'.

That being said, both are similar in reliability. Murci's tend to cost more to maintain, but unless you have problems it's only marginally more. I was in your exact shoes. I sat in a superleggera that I had come to write a check for and next to it was a murci. I sat in the murci and forgot about the superleggera.

You have to decide what you are looking for in a the lambo you are buying.

Speedmadness, I know you are going to hear a ton of different feedback on this one. I can only tell you why I went with a Murcielago over my Gallardo. I owned the Gallardo for two years, put a nice exhaust on it, wheels, etc. Great car, no problems. I previously owned a Diablo SV and the Gallardo just did not have that Lambo awe - no vertical doors that Lamborghini is known for, wide backend, and just the overall more lethal look of the Diablo or Murcielago. So, for me, the Murcielago is what I prefer. I have had my Murcie now for two years and not one mechanical problem. I have about 14k miles on my Murcie. The gallardo is lighter, etc. but I do not race my car at the track so it does not matter to me. At the same time the Murcie has so much more torque, interior feels larger, the car itself is larger, etc.

I would not concern yourself with a car that is 4 years older than a 2008 G if it was well maintained, history checks out...a 2004 Murcie is still a pretty new car, especially if you find one with just 8-10k miles on it.

It is a no brainer to me personally = go with the Murcie! It is like considering buying a porcshe - do you buy the boxster or the 911...that is also a no brainer for me personally.

+1. I've had both. I said I didn't want a Murc when I thought it was out of my price range. When it was in my price range, the answer was simple :)

I track most of cars, but in reality street driving is 90% of my seat time. I'd still choose the Murc if money is no object.

Just remember, just because you can buy a Murcie for 150k, does not mean Lamborghini prices their parts for that of a 150k car, they price them relative to a 300k+ car.

The general consensus is if you want a drivers car, you will enjoy the G. If you want a car that is an experience, you will enjoy the M.

:icon_thumleft:

if you plan to use often, go with a gallardo. if it's a sunday car that you want to feel special in, the murcie it is. i've had mine since bnew in '03 and never had any problems with it. just regular servicing, that's it. i think the murcies are very solidly built cars. it still gets a lot of attention, i think the most attention of all cars bar the hyper exotics. good luck.

I think If I had gone with a G I`d always be left wondering what I missed out on with the M.

The attention is crazy but you shrug it off after enough time....but that takes a while. Saying that...If I had gone with the G I think the questions about why the doors dont go up WOULD drive me stupid.

I drive mine 3 or 4 times a week - quite e a bit of in town drving - Hardly ever use the lift system once you know how to drive it properly - Have had it out a few times in last month - minus 15 degrees, Dry but some snow in the ait - Car was GREAT!

Ive put over 30,000Km on mine I think in about 2 years.

Mines the Roadster which is a little more hassle but to be honest not that much.

Very little maintenance - One leaky shock in 2 years.

Between a Gallardo and a Merci, you have to go Merci. Between a LP560 and a Merci I went LP560 in addition to the Gallardo I already owned. The Gallardo is fun but the LP560 is in a league of it's own. Whoever said the Gallardo isn't an exotic is living in fantasy land. Every light I hit Im watching people take pics. If you're in it for performance, the newer the better. If you're in it to attract attention, 95% of people don't know the difference between a Gallardo and an LP560 or a Merci and a LP640 so get. In fact, most people ask if Im driving a Ferrari and what did that run 80K??? People care clueless...

Whoever said the Gallardo isn't an exotic is living in fantasy land. Every light I hit Im watching people take pics.

It's probably considered an exotic where you live and so is every foreign made car that cost over $40k..

If you're in it to attract attention, 95% of people don't know the difference between a Gallardo and an LP560 or a Merci and a LP640 so get.

absolutely agree 100%

fact, most people ask if Im driving a Ferrari and what did that run 80K??? People are clueless

In most rural areas a half decent Lambo replica will pass as a True Blue Lambo to 95% of the people, your point is ?

Gallardo is a top notch sports car but it is not an exotic by the traditional definition of the word.

Gallardo is a top notch sports car but it is not an exotic by the traditional definition of the word.

Where can one find an unambiguous traditional definition of the word 'exotic' that excludes an F430 or Gallardo thats accepted by the majority of motorheads?

Where can one find an unambiguous traditional definition of the word 'exotic' that excludes an F430 or Gallardo thats accepted by the majority of motorheads?

Exotic is a relative term. For most living in big(ger) cities, a 430 or G just aren't exotics. A CGT or an LP640 is an exotic.

Exotic is a relative term. For most living in big(ger) cities, a 430 or G just aren't exotics. A CGT or an LP640 is an exotic.

Are you saying exotic refers to how many instances of that car are within a square mile or how likely you are to see any of those instances? I live in west palm beach and in the last 2 weeks alone I already saw a Diablo, Murci, F430, and a CGT driving downtown. Its certainly not uncommon here. If one takes a murci to Dubai where its relatively likely you'll see another one on the street in the same day does that make it no longer an exotic?