Total lambo production #s

Roman

Anybody have an approximate count of how many cars Lamborghini has produced in its almost 50 years?

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/16/pie-in-...ini-production/

"Using official numbers furnished by the manufacturer, the staff at IL's Straightline blog charted Lamborghini's entire sales by model. That huge orange wedge you see there? That's the Gallardo, in all its iterations (the original coupe and roadster, Superleggera, special editions, LP560-4, etc.). Total production of the Gallardo range to date tops 9,900, and is well on course to shatter the 10,000 mark for the first time in Sant'#### history. What's even more interesting, though, is that if you take out the gray wedge that represents the Gallardo's big brother, the Murcielago, you can see that Lamborghini has sold more Gallardos than it has all other models combined, which totaled 9,500 before the current pair was introduced. Talk about grabbing a bull by the horns."

Counting 4k Murcielagos, 9950 Gallardos, 21 Reventons and 15 Reventon roadsters, About 23,400.

Thats less than Ferraris output for the past 10 years. So yes, Lamborghinis are still rare.

Counting 4k Murcielagos, 9950 Gallardos, 21 Reventons and 15 Reventon roadsters, About 23,400.

Thats less than Ferraris output for the past 10 years. So yes, Lamborghinis are still rare.

Any idea what Ferraris total output of street cars is since it started selling them?

I spent quite a bit of time looking for that answer RD I couldn't come up with much, I hope somebody here will know.

Early production figures for early models were distinctly hazy, or so I heard, in order to keep the assumption of exclusivity high. I also heard (by a huge Ferrari fan and owner nonetheless) the 250 GTO was produced in far greater numbers than we were led to believe.

Early production figures for early models were distinctly hazy, or so I heard, in order to keep the assumption of exclusivity high. I also heard (by a huge Ferrari fan and owner nonetheless) the 250 GTO was produced in far greater numbers than we were led to believe.

Yes.... I think there are FAR more 250s floating around NOW than they ever reported building 50 years ago....

Any idea what Ferraris total output of street cars is since it started selling them?

A lot. The problem with Ferrari is they tend to lie about their production numbers as a means to support Ferrari exclusivity. Famous example of this is of course the Enzo, where there are way more than 400 floating around. Ferrari also builds a lot more road cars for the race track.

In 2006 Ferrari sold about 5600 cars, they sold 6465 cars in 2007, and in 2008 they sold 6587 cars.

My best guestimate is at least 75,000.

A lot. The problem with Ferrari is they tend to lie about their production numbers as a means to support Ferrari exclusivity. Famous example of this is of course the Enzo, where there are way more than 400 floating around. Ferrari also builds a lot more road cars for the race track.

In 2006 Ferrari sold about 5600 cars, they sold 6465 cars in 2007, and in 2008 they sold 6587 cars.

if this link is to be believed http://www.productioncars.com/production-numbers/ferrari.php

then they are now at well over 100 000 produced.

if the numbers on the page are accurate, 96477 Ferraris had been produced by the end of 2001

I'm gonna say its around the 120 000 mark.

While I no doubt believe this, do you have any proof (i.e. numbers) for the Enzo? I wonder how many are sitting in warehouses around Maranello.

So 4000 murci, 50% in US and min 10% totaled = 1800 in the country, I still think this is a small #.

Russell

It's around 25% of the total- somewhere in the 1,000 car range for the US from what I've heard.

Out of 1054 (according to Wiki) 91-93 Diablos, I wonder how many are left?

It's a shame there isn't a better registry.

It's a shame there isn't a better registry.

I know some guys who run a lamborghini webforum..... Maybe they can help? :icon_mrgreen:

It's around 25% of the total- somewhere in the 1,000 car range for the US from what I've heard.

That sounds VERY low to me in terms of percentage headed for the U.S..... I would have guessed the number is closer to 50 or even 60%?

I know some members call Gallardo a Porsche Boxter

They are wrong, as the Gallardo has a 5 litre engine, 500bhp in it's earliest guise, it kicks the LP400 into the weeds. I'm not saying it's a better car it just deserves a little more respect than some of the V12 owners give it credit for.

but I believe Gallardo single handedly saved Lambos ass.

It did

They are wrong, as the Gallardo has a 5 litre engine, 500bhp in it's earliest guise, it kicks the LP400 into the weeds. I'm not saying it's a better car it just deserves a little more respect than some of the V12 owners give it credit for.

It did

Exactly my thoughts, I can afford to buy the V12 no problems but it is a matter of preference, I test drove one but it wasn't for me, I absolutely love the way the car looks but the Gallardo for me it's easier to live with.

I like the fact that the Gallardo is smaller, lighter and more nimble suits my style of driving, off course some V12 owners imply trough their comments that majority of Gallardo owners aren't able to afford the V12, that might be true but without the Gallardo there would be no V12.

Unless the V12 replacement will be a very light, nimble more technologically advance car I will stick with the Gallardo.