Shutter Island

Falken

Geesh...i didnt know up from down sometimes.

Pretty good movie IMO, not all that scary (i jumped a few times though), but interesting in a way that kept my attention.

It sure affirmed my desire to never enter a mental hospital/assylum. I hate the idea that once inside you're pretty much surrounded by people who could descredit every word you said. The idea of being trapped...knowing the truth and not being able to escape...yeesh!

Again i thought it was pretty good, a few twist and turns, lots of little clues along the way...and enjoyable two hours.

anybody else see it?

so,the trailers are the highlight?
Not at all. You know nothing from the trailers. NOTHING. It's an incredible movie, especially if you are interested in the subject of psychology. Just be warned that it's nothing like you expect. It is very much a thriller, but not a scary or make-you-jump kind. It's very intelligent, complex, deep and complicated. It even warrants a second viewing. Highly recommended. But I can certainly see where many people won't like it.

Not at all. You know nothing from the trailers. NOTHING. It's an incredible movie, especially if you are interested in the subject of psychology. Just be warned that it's nothing like you expect. It is very much a thriller, but not a scary or make-you-jump kind. It's very intelligent, complex, deep and complicated. It even warrants a second viewing. Highly recommended. But I can certainly see where many people won't like it.

The marketing makes it seem like a horror flick. Might be worth a watch if it's not just mindless gore.

Wow I am going to have to check it out!

The marketing makes it seem like a horror flick. Might be worth a watch if it's not just mindless gore.
It's amazing how much the trailer shows and how little you actually know going in. The trailer is deceiving, because the movie is so much more than what it looks. Trust me, you won't see anything coming. Just make sure you go in with an open mind!

It's amazing how much the trailer shows and how little you actually know going in. The trailer is deceiving, because the movie is so much more than what it looks. Trust me, you won't see anything coming. Just make sure you go in with an open mind!

alright cool based on your review i'm gonna go see it

I just got in from watching it.

I thought it was very disappointing. Like the twist, but it was hardly a thriller.

6/10 at best.

I completely agree with your sentiments. Totally disappointed....

I completely agree with your sentiments. Totally disappointed....
How are you disappointed? I completely respect your opinion, I just can't understand how anyone can be disappointed.

I read the book so there werent many suprises. The movie is perfectly acted and has fantastic imagery, exactly how it should be portrayed to what is actually occuring. And the end, well if you read the book you think thats why Marty is a genius. 9/10

How are you disappointed? I completely respect your opinion, I just can't understand how anyone can be disappointed.

Honestly I went in hoping for more of a thriller. For sake of giving away the ending, I feel twists like that are just shitty ways to make any story turn out the way you want it to instead of having a real plot lead into that. Since when do they let "the most dangerous criminal in the place" just roam around the grounds for 2 days partially unattended. Everyone knew what was going to happen about half way through it. I hate most movies where someone wakes up and it was a dream or just a dillusion. That was just my take. I went in hoping for more supernatural. Something about asylums and the supernatural just seems so much more intriguing.

Honestly I went in hoping for more of a thriller. For sake of giving away the ending, I feel twists like that are just shitty ways to make any story turn out the way you want it to instead of having a real plot lead into that. Since when do they let "the most dangerous criminal in the place" just roam around the grounds for 2 days partially unattended. Everyone knew what was going to happen about half way through it. I hate most movies where someone wakes up and it was a dream or just a dillusion. That was just my take. I went in hoping for more supernatural. Something about asylums and the supernatural just seems so much more intriguing.

Damn dude, why didn't you put **SPOILER ALERT** or something at the top of your post..

Haven't seen the movie, but now I don't think I need to. :rant:

My bad man. I thought that my "for sake of giving away the ending" was enough of a warning...ill edit my post to include that.

Nevermind...wont let me edit that.

I see how most people will expect a supernatural thriller, but I think that's the genius of it - it totally fucks you over. But even if it is not what you expected, how can you not love the movie? It's beautifully shot, expertly written and phenomenally acted. Appreciate it for what it is.

Spoiler

It is very plausible that they let him roam, since he has no way of escaping and everyone is in on it.