2008 Gallardo Spyder TT upgrade 1000rwhp on pump gas

Scotty

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats man! How do the filters get air?

Video's and pix coming this weekend when I get a chance to really open it up. Took it out tonight on a local asphalt backroad hit about 160 and could not believe the pull, freaking incredible. I added the "Boost by Gear" by Motec and it hits about 650hp in 1st, 750hp in 2nd and 1000hp in 3rd. Upon deceleration I noticed a sheriff coming up from behind, fast. I pulled over and he came up and said"Holy Jesus Christ, what do you have in that thing?" " I was coming at you from the right at the past intersection and had I gotten a lock on you, you would be getting a ticket. I was hoping you would pull over to see what you had in that thing." Whew, that was too close. I will need different tires, even with all wheel drive I lost traction in the first 3 gears. The sound is incredible. It is actually quieter in the car, but I am told by my neighbor that it is much louder from the rear. "But sounds great" are his words. More to come.

post-15160-1269470988_thumb.jpg

Video's and pix coming this weekend when I get a chance to really open it up. Took it out tonight on a local asphalt backroad hit about 160 and could not believe the pull, freaking incredible. I added the "Boost by Gear" by Motec and it hits about 650hp in 1st, 750hp in 2nd and 1000hp in 3rd. Upon deceleration I noticed a sheriff coming up from behind, fast. I pulled over and he came up and said"Holy Jesus Christ, what do you have in that thing?" " I was coming at you from the right at the past intersection and had I gotten a lock on you, you would be getting a ticket. I was hoping you would pull over to see what you had in that thing." Whew, that was too close. I will need different tires, even with all wheel drive I lost traction in the first 3 gears. The sound is incredible. It is actually quieter in the car, but I am told by my neighbor that it is much louder from the rear. "But sounds great" are his words. More to come.

Looks great! Congrats! I think you have the same problem as me, youre gonna wanna go back to 19's with TOYOS. I came across 2 lanes of traffic @ only 16psi on 20s!

Looks great! Congrats! I think you have the same problem as me, youre gonna wanna go back to 19's with TOYOS. I came across 2 lanes of traffic @ only 16psi on 20s!

Allan, I agree, which ones are you running? I like the look of the 20" but no one makes good hook up tires that I am aware. Any other tips you have since you have had lots of experience with these TT's?

Ah ha! Now I know why you didn't call me tonight! :icon_mrgreen:

Can't wait to go for a ride, once this %$#@*!! snow disappears! (WTF?)

Allan, I agree, which ones are you running? I like the look of the 20" but no one makes good hook up tires that I am aware. Any other tips you have since you have had lots of experience with these TT's?

Your gonna have to go with 19's.. it was my only choice.

Your gonna have to go with 19's.. it was my only choice.

Allen, Did you ( or anyone) ever try any Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires? They come in a 20" and the read on them looks pretty good.

Allen, Did you ( or anyone) ever try any Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires? They come in a 20" and the read on them looks pretty good.

Thats what Im running.. They hook well enough on pump (850rwhp)... on my 100 setting there is not a prayer, 3rd and 4th is scary and I didnt even try 5th.

In looking at the 20" Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires the Rear 315/25/ZR20 are 26.38" in diameter, the front 245/30/ZR20 are 25.83" in diameter, on a AWD G will that difference affect anything negatively?

In looking at the 20" Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires the Rear 315/25/ZR20 are 26.38" in diameter, the front 245/30/ZR20 are 25.83" in diameter, on a AWD G will that difference affect anything negatively?

I have 255's on the front I believe...

Upon deceleration I noticed a sheriff coming up from behind, fast. I pulled over and he came up and said"Holy Jesus Christ, what do you have in that thing?" " I was coming at you from the right at the past intersection and had I gotten a lock on you, you would be getting a ticket.

:icon_super:

Damn these things are fast.................I keep scaring the hell out of myself! It just freaking takes your breath away.

Damn these things are fast.................I keep scaring the hell out of myself! It just freaking takes your breath away.

YUP! Its an amazing ride!