LP570-4 Superleggera

a007apl

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

C'mon...... Baby G's are way more nimble and yet so adorable. :laughing1: :ninja:

for it to be a Baby G there would have to be a bigger G and there isn't one as afar as I know, there is one but it's built by Mercedes :icon_mrgreen:

That would only be a problem if you drive them both at once :icon_mrgreen:

I am with Alan the 570 SL will kick some serious ass!

HAHA!!! Nice avatar!! :icon_thumleft:

> Checkout the new April edition of Evo - page 69. They have a piece on the new SL with Maurizio Reggiani, Lambo R & D Chief.

> He says 'with some conviction' that the car has a very different CCB set up to the 560 and Balboni. They have changed settings

> for pedal pressure and servo assistance to give a more progressive feel throughout the pedals travel. Woo hoo!

Same hardware, different software... that's the choice I'd make for a refresh on a model that's not gonna see a lot more R&D. :)

captain's birthday is coming up so I thought it would be a nice gesture :icon_mrgreen:

:lol2: :lol2:

He should change his avatar to a glass garage to complete the circle. :icon_mrgreen:

btw how much does the lp570 and lp560 costs in the us ?

560 is as low as $190k-$225k now, while word is the 570 will come in around $250k-$260k.

does anyone know when the mags will get their hands on the car to test it?

The dealers are going to Spain in about 2 weeks to try the car. Maybe there will be some press coverage there. So perhaps in about one month's time?

The dealers are going to Spain in about 2 weeks to try the car. Maybe there will be some press coverage there. So perhaps in about one month's time?

I just got back from the dealer, he told me the same thing, I think 27th of March they will have to be in Spain for the drive.

I will email you this weekend.

I was wondering if anyone can answer my question, on the spec sheet under the standard specifications it says "dedicated race set up" as standard does anyone know what that involves?

Are they talking about the stiffer dampers, stiffer suspension arms, torsion bars and the P Zeros? is there anything else involved in the race set up?

I would like to confirm it if possible, it seems that I know more about it than my dealer :icon_mrgreen: I just want to make sure I will get it right.

I was wondering if anyone can answer my question, on the spec sheet under the standard specifications it says "dedicated race set up" as standard does anyone know what that involves?

Are they talking about the stiffer dampers, stiffer suspension arms, torsion bars and the P Zeros? is there anything else involved in the race set up?

I would like to confirm it if possible, it seems that I know more about it than my dealer :icon_mrgreen: I just want to make sure I will get it right.

April Edition of Evo has a decent review - they saw the car at the factory before Geneva. They say firmer suspension bushes, revised springs, dampers, anti-roll bars and retuned ESP. Also changes to pedal pressure and servo assistance to sort out a more progressive feel for the CC brakes.

You can opt for the normal setup of the LP560 if the (standard LP570) race setup is too stiff for you (for DD).

You can opt for the normal setup of the LP560 if the (standard LP570) race setup is too stiff for you (for DD).

Rami I want the race set up, I just want to make sure what changes they made for the race set up

Gallardopete thank you very much for the info, do you have a link to the evo test?

I went to see the dealer today to check on the "race set up" as Rami said all the cars will come with it if you want it otherwise as a no cost option you can opt out of it, the dealer also told me that it is quite likely not to get any cars here until early next year.

He will be able to confirm it first week of April, it sucks if you ask me :eusa_wall:

Any UK members that had their delivery dates confirmed? We depend on them because of the RHD so it would be interesting to hear.

Gallardopete thank you very much for the info, do you have a link to the evo test?

The Evo piece is only in the printed mag, haven't seen it online.

Regarding UK cars, my dealer has their first build slot in June which should be mine. I'm finalising my spec at the moment :icon_mrgreen:

The Evo piece is only in the printed mag, haven't seen it online.

Regarding UK cars, my dealer has their first build slot in June which should be mine. I'm finalising my spec at the moment :icon_mrgreen:

Just came off the phone to Lambo. The car is being launched to dealers w/c 29th March in Seville so might get some press coverage at the same time if they get some journos along.

They are expecting a demo car at the dealership at the start of April so should get a drive within a few weeks.

I got another phone call late last night from the dealer, the demos will fly in at the end of July, orders will arrive August, September that's much better than 2011, he's blaming one of the office ladies for the misinformation :lol2:

Gallardopete what color did you go for?

I got another phone call late last night from the dealer, the demos will fly in at the end of July, orders will arrive August, September that's much better than 2011, he's blaming one of the office ladies for the misinformation :lol2:

Gallardopete what color did you go for?

Going for VI. Saw it in the flesh in Geneva and its fabulous. Also, it wasn't available on the last SL so makes it the signature colour for the new SL IMHO. Besides, I've had Black, Orange and Balloon White before so need a change. Dealer reckons that Green is the new White, White is the new Orange and Orange is the new Yellow, although I'm told that all the launch cars will be white or black - no VI for the dealer demos

Going for VI. Saw it in the flesh in Geneva and its fabulous. Also, it wasn't available on the last SL so makes it the signature colour for the new SL IMHO. Besides, I've had Black, Orange and Balloon White before so need a change. Dealer reckons that Green is the new White, White is the new Orange and Orange is the new Yellow, although I'm told that all the launch cars will be white or black - no VI for the dealer demos

Here's my current one

IMG_0148.JPG

and a few I took at Geneva

IMG_0224.JPG

IMG_0221.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0245.JPG