Abandoned Countach

Lambo91

Checked with me mate back in Malaysia who still keeps in touch with the countach owner. Owner has since changed his mind to sell due to offers being way too low than his asking price and plans to restore the countach himself. This was back in late 2009 so I suppose hé should/might have started restoration.

Still I reckon he might change his mind if the right offer comes around.

Tell him "You let it get to that shocking state. You fix it!"

:icon_mrgreen:

It's not too bad. Looks like the car got used........which we all know is a good thing for the motor. Let them sit and you are shit out of luck.

I am proud of the owner, he drove the shit out of the car.

I am sorry the numbers do not add up even when doing the restoration yourself.

Assuming that the engine is in operating condition and the clutch components are not shot.

Down and dirty calculations here:

Delivery of car ------------------------------------------------ $ 5,000.00

Rebuild carburetors -------------------------------------------- $ 300.00 ----------------------------- 30 MH

Rework distributor ---------------------------------------------- $ 200.00 ------------------------------ 10 MH

Plugs, wires cap and rotor ------------------------------------- $ 2,000.00 --------------------------- 10 MH

R & R Flush gas tanks -------------------------------------------$ 200.00 ------------------------------ 30 MH

Replace fuel pumps --------------------------------------------- $ 500.00 ------------------------------- 5 MH

R & R AC lines -------------------------------------------------- $ 1,000.00 ---------------------------- 20 MH

Flush condenser & Evaporator ---------------------------------- $ 200.00 ----------------------------- 20 MH

Replace fans on evaporator ------------------------------------- $ 500.00 ------------------------------ 5 MH

New AC compressor --------------------------------------------- $ 500.00 ------------------------------ 5 MH

AC Valve, Dyer, vacuum system down, oil & charge -------- $ 1,000.00 -------------------------- 10 MH

R & R oil lines ---------------------------------------------------- $ 1500.00 --------------------------- 20 MH

R & R radiators hot tank paint & replace ----------------------- $ 200.00 ------------------------------10MH

Change all fluids, belts, hoses & Filters ----------------------- $ 1,000.00 --------------------------- 20 MH

Completely rebuild braking system --------------------------- $ 1,000.00 --------------------------- 50 MH

Replace suspension components ------------------------------ $ 5,000.00 --------------------------- 40 MH

Replace muffler and exhaust ----------------------------------- $ 4,000.00 --------------------------- 10 MH

Rebuild alternator & Starter ------------------------------------ $ 500.00 ------------------------------ 10 MH

Tune and synchronize carbs ------------------------------------ $ 100.00 ------------------------------ 10 MH

Replace battery --------------------------------------------------- $ 100.00 ------------------------------- 1 MH

Repair & refinish wheels ----------------------------------------- $ 1,000.00 ---------------------------- 80 MH

Replace tires, wheel alignment & balance --------------------- $ 3,000.00 ---------------------------- 10 MH

Replace wing ------------------------------------------------------- $ 2,500.00 ---------------------------- 3 MH

Replace all lenses -------------------------------------------------- $ 2,000.00 -------------------------- 50 MH

Repair and repaint entire car ----------------------------------- $ 2,500.00 ---------------------------- 250 MH

Replace interior ---------------------------------------------------- $2,500.00 ---------------------------- 70 MH

Replace all badges ------------------------------------------------- $ 500.00 ----------------------------- 10 MH

Total ----------------------------------------------------------------- $38,800.00 ----------------------------799 MH

I do not know how much other people value their time.

Minimum wages are around $7.50 MH at burger flipper rates you have an additional $6,000.00.

If you needed to take the car to a qualified shop you are looking at $80 - $125 / MH rates.

It adds up quick. If you cannot do half the work or do not have the tools add another $ 40.000.00

Now seeing that you have not pulled the power train.

You will have 25 plus year old seals and oil leaks to contend with.

Chances are the engine will need internal work and clutch components will need replacement.

Add another $20,000.00 and 250 MH you are now at $96,675.00 if you do half the work yourself.

The above estimates are based on my opinion only.

However I believe that they are accurate and low in the sense of what this particular Countach will need in order to be road worthy again.

In my honest opinion it will cost at least $80,000 dollars to restore this car and you still need to purchase it.

Sincerely Vic

what do you guys think this car is worth?

what would the value of that be in good condition?

$25,000.00 seeing that it will cost about $5,000.00 to ship it out of the country.

$100,000.00 for a LP5000S in good condition.

A proper paintjob will likely be double to triple of $2500 (ie. 5K-$7500K) , unless the body prep and removal of parts is done by owner. That is a factory quality repaint.

A proper paintjob will likely be double to triple of $2500 (ie. 5K-$7500K) , unless the body prep and removal of parts is done by owner. That is a factory quality repaint.

A proper paint job done by a professional on a Countach will cost $15,000.00

My $2,500.00 figure was for paint and materials if done by yourself, hence the 250 MH of work to the right of the $2,500.00 figure.

I am sorry the numbers do not add up even when doing the restoration yourself.

Assuming that the engine is in operating condition and the clutch components are not shot.

Down and dirty calculations here:

Delivery of car ------------------------------------------------ $ 5,000.00

Rebuild carburetors -------------------------------------------- $ 300.00 ----------------------------- 30 MH

Rework distributor ---------------------------------------------- $ 200.00 ------------------------------ 10 MH

Plugs, wires cap and rotor ------------------------------------- $ 2,000.00 --------------------------- 10 MH

R & R Flush gas tanks -------------------------------------------$ 200.00 ------------------------------ 30 MH

Replace fuel pumps --------------------------------------------- $ 500.00 ------------------------------- 5 MH

R & R AC lines -------------------------------------------------- $ 1,000.00 ---------------------------- 20 MH

Flush condenser & Evaporator ---------------------------------- $ 200.00 ----------------------------- 20 MH

Replace fans on evaporator ------------------------------------- $ 500.00 ------------------------------ 5 MH

New AC compressor --------------------------------------------- $ 500.00 ------------------------------ 5 MH

AC Valve, Dyer, vacuum system down, oil & charge -------- $ 1,000.00 -------------------------- 10 MH

R & R oil lines ---------------------------------------------------- $ 1500.00 --------------------------- 20 MH

R & R radiators hot tank paint & replace ----------------------- $ 200.00 ------------------------------10MH

Change all fluids, belts, hoses & Filters ----------------------- $ 1,000.00 --------------------------- 20 MH

Completely rebuild braking system --------------------------- $ 1,000.00 --------------------------- 50 MH

Replace suspension components ------------------------------ $ 5,000.00 --------------------------- 40 MH

Replace muffler and exhaust ----------------------------------- $ 4,000.00 --------------------------- 10 MH

Rebuild alternator & Starter ------------------------------------ $ 500.00 ------------------------------ 10 MH

Tune and synchronize carbs ------------------------------------ $ 100.00 ------------------------------ 10 MH

Replace battery --------------------------------------------------- $ 100.00 ------------------------------- 1 MH

Repair & refinish wheels ----------------------------------------- $ 1,000.00 ---------------------------- 80 MH

Replace tires, wheel alignment & balance --------------------- $ 3,000.00 ---------------------------- 10 MH

Replace wing ------------------------------------------------------- $ 2,500.00 ---------------------------- 3 MH

Replace all lenses -------------------------------------------------- $ 2,000.00 -------------------------- 50 MH

Repair and repaint entire car ----------------------------------- $ 2,500.00 ---------------------------- 250 MH

Replace interior ---------------------------------------------------- $2,500.00 ---------------------------- 70 MH

Replace all badges ------------------------------------------------- $ 500.00 ----------------------------- 10 MH

Total ----------------------------------------------------------------- $38,800.00 ----------------------------799 MH

I do not know how much other people value their time.

Minimum wages are around $7.50 MH at burger flipper rates you have an additional $6,000.00.

If you needed to take the car to a qualified shop you are looking at $80 - $125 / MH rates.

It adds up quick. If you cannot do half the work or do not have the tools add another $ 40.000.00

Now seeing that you have not pulled the power train.

You will have 25 plus year old seals and oil leaks to contend with.

Chances are the engine will need internal work and clutch components will need replacement.

Add another $20,000.00 and 250 MH you are now at $96,675.00 if you do half the work yourself.

The above estimates are based on my opinion only.

However I believe that they are accurate and low in the sense of what this particular Countach will need in order to be road worthy again.

In my honest opinion it will cost at least $80,000 dollars to restore this car and you still need to purchase it.

Sincerely Vic

That was an awesome post :icon_thumleft:

That was an awesome post :icon_thumleft:

Thank you.

However I forgot to add in the side mirrors.

Two at $800.00 each, add $1,600.00 plus 10 MH labor.

you are 100% correct

best ones go for more than this

but 90-95 would buy a good 5000 carbed car in need of a repaint

$25,000.00 seeing that it will cost about $5,000.00 to ship it out of the country.

Redlambo excellent post thank you very much, very informative, I think later in my life I wouldn't mind restoring one these beauties!

He wants $230k for it as it is :eusa_wall:

Redlambo excellent post thank you very much, very informative, I think later in my life I wouldn't mind restoring one these beauties!

He wants $230k for it as it is :eusa_wall:

just buy a good to great RHD one in UK for 55-99k £

there are some very nice QV and annis in UK for sale at good price now

take a look at Amari dealer

http://www.amarisupercars.com/index.cgi?ac...=1246968155-791

http://www.amarisupercars.com/index.cgi?ac...=1233245537-848

Do you have to restore those? they look to be in very good shape.

Nope both are road worthy vehicles. Doubt they will need any restoration as Amari usually sell good examples.

I saw the car parked in front of the owners house back in '04 and took these pics. The car just sat there like a lawn ornament. Never moved. What a shame.

100_0149.JPG

100_0150.JPG

It's not too bad. Looks like the car got used........which we all know is a good thing for the motor. Let them sit and you are shit out of luck.

I am proud of the owner, he drove the shit out of the car.

he drove the shit out of it alright, it looks he drove it through a forest fire!

Seriously how does paint end up fading like that? It looked geat in 2004, and how do the side mirrors end up drooping down so badly??

he drove the shit out of it alright, it looks he drove it through a forest fire!

Seriously how does paint end up fading like that? It looked geat in 2004, and how do the side mirrors end up drooping down so badly??

Just sitting out in the elements without any care destroyed the car.

As far as the mirrors I would imagine that someone just pushed them down.

Again as said too often, let a car sit and you have problems.

Well let a car sit outside neglected and in a few years you have scrap.

I saw the car parked in front of the owners house back in '04 and took these pics. The car just sat there like a lawn ornament. Never moved. What a shame.

is that really the same car?