Who here prefers the styling of the 1st generation Gallardo over the 2nd?

Smash Boy

I like them both and have had 2 (the 04 coupe and still have the 07 spyder).

I like the front of the 560 better than my G. I like the rear of my G better than the 560 - except I like the dual exhaust look on the 560 a little better.

The rear on the 560 looks a little to compressed and doesn't seem to fit the upgraded look in the front as much as it could.

If I were to get the TT on mine, I would do the front 560 effect (like Allan is doing and others). It looks more aggressive.

I see absolutely no purpose for the glass cover, except to add weight and allow less engine heat to escape the engine bay. :eusa_think:

The last time I liked the idea, was on the DeTomaso Mangusta; and that was eons ago.

totally agree.... my 360 glass engine cover makes the engine like a show piece... and I somehow start to dislike the glass cover on the G (I don't have one on my car, luckily)... also Lambo's engine are not sitting dead centre (off to left), so they don't really look as great through the glass cover.

richie

Sorry to keep harping on the glass cover, but the other thing is...On the Ferrari it isn't a glass cover at all, its the rear window, sort of "matter-of-factly" displaying that......"oh by the way, the engine sits here too"....Pure class (and they did it first). Lambo is forcing the issue by almost cutting a hole and throwing some glass over the top...Pure flash. There are many things aesthetically that Ferrari does better (as in this case).

13608705653.269633826.IM1.13.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

13787578991.270514583.IM1.04.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

hey will someone with photos put up a simple side by side comparison of the cars/years in question? Thanks, would make it easier for us 'vintage' Lambo folks to follow this thread :icon_super:

Since I'm in the Pic posting mood:

14989532130.275201151.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x377.jpg

Lamborghini_LP560-4_E-Gear_Coupe_3.jpg

15471525271.277257600.IM1.02.565x421_A.565x376.jpg

Lamborghini_LP560-4_E-Gear_Coupe_6.jpg

14989532133.275201151.IM1.04.565x421_A.565x377.jpg

Lamborghini_LP560-4_E-Gear_Coupe_13.jpg

I have to say I like the Callisto wheels better than the new Cassiopia (or whatever they are called). I did not like the wheels on my 04 and would take the cassiopia over them, but the callisto's are one of the best stock wheels on any car IMO.

The front is much better on the 560. I still say the back just doesn't look as good as the 04 - 08.

I have to say I like the Callisto wheels better than the new Cassiopia (or whatever they are called). I did not like the wheels on my 04 and would take the cassiopia over them, but the callisto's are one of the best stock wheels on any car IMO.

The front is much better on the 560. I still say the back just doesn't look as good as the 04 - 08.

Richard-

FWIW, the new mesh wheel is the Cordelia. The original wheels on the 04s are the Cassiopias. The other new wheel for the 560 is the Apollo (the 5 spoke twist).

"The front is much better on the 560. I still say the back just doesn't look as good as the 04 - 08."

I agree....

I think the 04-08 with a 560 bumper looks the best. I prefer the headlights, and rearend of the 04-08 but I love the 560 bumper. If we are talking stock I would still say the 04-08. No bias. ;)

Patrick

mahalos guys for posting the comparison photos :)

My Favourite has been the 1st gen design. Particularly the G -SE.

A clean- classy looking design.

Didn't like the LP560 design as I have mentioned in the earlier posts.

Dig the latest LP570 due to its track ready appearence..

post-10425-1271325297.jpg

post-10425-1271325549.jpg

post-10425-1271325629.jpg

I like the slimmer longer shape of the 1st gen headlights better and the louvres just ahead of the tail lights echo some CT styling. But the nose of the 2nd gen adds aggressiveness to the car.

:iamwithstupid:

My dream G would be a lp560 with 1st gen gallardo headlights.... or I suppose a gallardo with a front and rear lp560 conversion. I know someone on this forum did this and recently posted pics of the car, but can't remember who...

My dream G would be a lp560 with 1st gen gallardo headlights.... or I suppose a gallardo with a front and rear lp560 conversion. I know someone on this forum did this and recently posted pics of the car, but can't remember who...

2004 G

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

as stated above the glass bonnet does not look as good as the ferrari and does look like an afterthought. maybe lamborghini did not want to put the glass cover over the engine and for it to function as the rear windshield in order not to look too much like the ferrari or the r8.

but it seems the gallardo engine looks better under glass as it is more exposed when compared to the lp560. the lp560 engine has much more cover panels on the edges so appears very small with a few less shiny bits. but obviously the lp560 makes up for it in performance.

i have the glass bonnet on my 2006 coupe but if i had to order a new car i might save the money and just get the standard lighter weight cover.

I think the 04-08 with a 560 bumper looks the best. I prefer the headlights, and rearend of the 04-08 but I love the 560 bumper. If we are talking stock I would still say the 04-08. No bias. ;)

Patrick

my thoughts exactly!! I like the 04-08 with the 560 style bumper and you have, IMO, all the best attributes. The bumper is the only thing I like better in the new one, and the dual exhaust.