2010 NHL Playoffs

D.Wiggs

So, since we all know the Pens will repeat this year, I felt that I should create a place for all of the fans of the losing teams. :lol2:

But seriously, this year should be quite good! The West is wide open and the East has Pittsburgh and Washington on a collision course in the finals!

Go Pens!!!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I'd like to see another Pens Wings face-off. Doubtful, but would be sweet.

Yes, Round 3 would be EPIC.

I don't think either the East or the West wants any part of either the Wings or Pens though. You know San Jose and Washing are praying they each lose.

If the Pens were to win, I would finally like them to do it ON HOME ICE!! 3 Cups, NONE AT HOME!

Yes, Round 3 would be EPIC.

I don't think either the East or the West wants any part of either the Wings or Pens though. You know San Jose and Washing are praying they each lose.

If the Pens were to win, I would finally like them to do it ON HOME ICE!! 3 Cups, NONE AT HOME!

Both the Wings and Pen are right next to each other in the standings. I don't think poor Gary Bettman's (whom I despise) heart could take a third round or Wings v. Pens in the finals! :lol2:

Both the Wings and Pen are right next to each other in the standings. I don't think poor Gary Bettman's (whom I despise) heart could take a third round or Wings v. Pens in the finals! :lol2:

:lol2: Then, Round 3 it is and on with his replacement!

I'm hoping Vancouver can do some damage this year. Washington will be the team to watch IMO. They can score their way out of trouble unless they run into a team with a very good defence like Chicago.

Ovechkin, as long as he wins, I am happy.

As long as he LOSES, I'm happy. He's a great talent, but a dirty little bitch.

As long as he LOSES, I'm happy. He's a great talent, but a dirty little bitch.

blah blah blah blah

go walk your puppies and leave hockey to men.

:icon_mrgreen:

blah blah blah blah

go walk your puppies and leave hockey to men.

:icon_mrgreen:

Ha! My puppies would eat Ovi for a snack.

Looks like the two home teams so far have a little 'adjusting' to do.

I figured the Pens in 5 in this one; I just expected the first loss to be Game 3.

That was a fantastic, fun hockey game to watch. It's just such a shame that the game deciding goal has to be a bullshit bounce off the glass. In 10,000 tries you couldn't create that 90° bounce yet they did in a playoff game!!

Wings had injuries all year, and here they are again. I don't expect a cup this year, but would love to see another Wings vs Penguins.

Wings are notorious for getting in the playoffs despite the "star players" being out. This is the 19th consecutive year they've been in the playoffs. Pretty impressive stat when you think about it.

19 straight is amazing. I hope the Pens are working on a streak like that. They have the talent to.

19 straight is amazing. I hope the Pens are working on a streak like that. They have the talent to.

I don't know who the longest or nearest in that streak is, but I see the pace of the game having change so much, I don't expect many teams to ever have that type of longevity. I wouldn't be surprised if the Wings have the streak and die with it.

There are a lot of talented teams out there, Penguins included, but I highly doubt we'll see this type of record met again, just because fundamentally the game is/has changed so much recently.

I don't know who the longest or nearest in that streak is, but I see the pace of the game having change so much, I don't expect many teams to ever have that type of longevity. I wouldn't be surprised if the Wings have the streak and die with it.

There are a lot of talented teams out there, Penguins included, but I highly doubt we'll see this type of record met again, just because fundamentally the game is/has changed so much recently.

It will depend on future CBAs and free agency I think.

It will depend on future CBAs and free agency I think.

I have no doubt that those will have an influence, but to me it seems like the game is changing drastically, and I think due to that we'll see a fundamental evolution of the sport and it's style overall.

I have no doubt that those will have an influence, but to me it seems like the game is changing drastically, and I think due to that we'll see a fundamental evolution of the sport and it's style overall.

That could be true; I definitely see it as a different game, but as long as teams can lock up superstars for long periods and draft and develop talent well, I still think you will hav ethe Red Wings of the world and the Blue Jackets.

Pens were my team until Crosby arrived, really can't stand that guy. But i am a Olie Kolzig fan till the day i day (he lives just a few blocks from me), so I am going for the Caps this year, even if he is no longer playing.

Crosby is 18 days older than me....I gotta say, I really gotta move on with my life.

That said;

GO SENS!!!!

*runs away from D. Wiggs.*

P.S. I was actually calling Pens in five or six on this one. I also expected Game 3 to be the one they lost, not Game 1.

GO SENS!!!!

:tyson:

GO PENS!

So fcuking pissed...Brighthouse Cable sucks. I pay all year for the center ice package, half of the games worked to begin with, try to watch last night and now the NHL channels are combined with MLB and no Pens game.

Pens were my team until Crosby arrived, really can't stand that guy. But i am a Olie Kolzig fan till the day i day (he lives just a few blocks from me), so I am going for the Caps this year, even if he is no longer playing.

Why don't you like him? Great guy. Has an entire league on his back and still delivers; not too many 'kids' could ever do that. Ovi certainly can't.

:tyson:

GO PENS!

So fcuking pissed...Brighthouse Cable sucks. I pay all year for the center ice package, half of the games worked to begin with, try to watch last night and now the NHL channels are combined with MLB and no Pens game.

You need DIRECTV, anything else is bullshit.

Yeesh, the ice is going to become a nice shade of pink or red if this keeps up....both teams are after blood, haha.