How many miles does this car have?!

abolfaz

It's an 2002, chances are it had the KM odo. If you convert 44,000km to miles, it is about 27,500.

Whoever listed it first forgot to convert it, and probably just looked at the odo.

It's an 2002, chances are it had the KM odo. If you convert 44,000km to miles, it is about 27,500.

Whoever listed it first forgot to convert it, and probably just looked at the odo.

You don't follow, when the car was for sale on LP two years ago, it had 44,000 miles on the odometer.

You don't follow, when the car was for sale on LP two years ago, it had 44,000 miles on the odometer.

I dunno...In your second link, it's not the owner that said it had 44,000 miles...It was member 'Falken'. He probably looked at some of the pics in the E-bay link, particularly one of the odometer, and just assumed it had 44,000 miles, not KMs.

I just find it too coincidental that 44,000 kms converts to roughly the mileage it has now.

I know what you're saying...It was a long time ago (roughly 18 months), so who knows the truth.

MY02 are great buys, but the KM on the odometer leaves to many variables for mis-understandings which will keep me away. With that been said anyone that plans to never sell I would buy yesterday if mechanics and cosmetics checks out.

• 3 weeks later...

I just had the data dumped from my car for e-gear snapshot. It shows KILOMETERS traveled in each gear. I would think you could do something similar with the Murci to determine if it has been rolled back.

post-8895-1273596304_thumb.jpg

I just had the data dumped from my car for e-gear snapshop. It shows KILOMETERS traveled in each gear. I would think you could do something similar with the Murci to determine if it has been rolled back.

7km in neutral... impressive! haha

Ok this is certainly interesting....

That gives me 32110km = 19 952 miles....

But my odometer reads 22 000 miles..... Take in the 10% error that the speedo shows and we are spot on with the odometer miles...

That was the first thing that popped into my head too!

Rolling to stops in neutral and slowing down from dyno runs.

Rolling to stops in neutral and slowing down from dyno runs.

Makes sense. I do the same thing but never really thought about how quick that can add up.

And you have changed more times to second than to first.... I assume you go often from 2nd to Neutral and roll?

And you have changed more times to second than to first.... I assume you go often from 2nd to Neutral and roll?

Yeah.

• 2 weeks later...