FS: 2004 Manual Gallardo $85,000!! - Sold

Blue-V10

Guest Rob Burgundy
NO! the avatar was provided by the board. It isn't my car.

My brakes are black. Black brakes work better because black radiates more heat. :icon_lol:

AHHH My bad,either way its awesome!!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys ive been thinking about this all day. I have NO doubt Ill be kicking myself for this, but as perfect as this car is, it just isnt time yet. :( I am in the middle of a few things right now that will put me MUCH closer to where I want to be in life next year, and buying a car like this in 2010 might delay that. I literally talked myself into this car four times in the past 4 hours, and I just keep coming back to the same choice. It is a good feeling to FINALLY be in a situation where I "could" afford a Lambo, after dreaming of one my entire life. But unfortunately, that dosent mean its the "smart" decision right now.

Being blue (one of my FAVORITE colors on a Lambo), being such a GREAT car given condition, mileage, service records, ect., not to mention the PRICE and the fact that its literally for sale a HALF HOUR FROM ME....I KNOW im going to regret passing up on this deal... :(

Time to sleep on it..lol.

Lightning: I'll drive the car through some mud. Come down and look at it and then you won't feel bad if you pass it up.

Bring the Viper down, we could drive each others cars far fun and have some lunch around here.

You know banks are sitting on a lot of cash; they need to make more loans

Ok, I'll say it...

Lightning,

Why on God's green Earth would you keep a Viper (a Viper!) and not sell ('get rid of' would be the better term) the damn thing and get the amazingly-priced beautiful blue 6-speed manual transmission Lamborghini Gallardo coupe you are LUSTING over!

WTF!

Ok, I'll say it...

Lightning,

Why on God's green Earth would you keep a Viper (a Viper!) and not sell ('get rid of' would be the better term) the damn thing and get the amazingly-priced beautiful blue 6-speed manual transmission Lamborghini Gallardo coupe you are LUSTING over!

WTF!

:iamwithstupid: get er done!

Ok, I'll say it...

Lightning,

WTF!

Not to mention it is DOWN THE ROAD FROM HIM...

Ok, I'll say it...

Lightning,

WTF!

:iamwithstupid:

Life is short! Live a little!

Burn the Viper, get the Lambo...I've seen this car on a few occasions...Car is mint, and the owner is a great guy. Even if you drove this car for a year, you could sell it next spring/summer for $80k, no doubt. $5k for a year in a Lambo...That's a pretty cheap 'rental'.

Do it. You are in a place where you can afford it. Who knows what happens between now and next year? Life is too precious to throw away opportunities. Live now, for you might lose it all tomorrow. If you know you're going to regret it if you pass then you should do it!

Ok I'll go ahead and give my 2 cents...the stars are aligned on this one...you are happy with price and color, manual, one-owner, service records, and it's local. Go for it!!

BlueV10,

Thank you for the generous offer. :) I should mention to clear up the confusion, the Viper is already gone. I sold it this past May/June and picked up a blue Cadillac XLR (similar to the blue of the Gallardo actually), and a V6 Camaro for my GF (so she has a little "toy" too). Thats what is making this decision even harder, is that I dont have the "I have to sell that car first" thing holding me back. The only thing stopping me right now is that I hadnt planned on pulling money out so soon or getting involved in any loans for awhile. Like many guys here hoping to join the fastlane, I have been hoping to get to a position where I can get OUT of a "job" in the near future, and into my own game so I can work for myself. I feel as though the past couple of months have been a turning point for me, and I am just now getting very very close to where that will soon be a reality.

Anyways, I dont want to cover BlueV10's thread with crap lol, so my apologies. Just wanted to give a little explanation of why I am "on the fence" about pulling the trigger this season with 2011 right around the corner.

I'm going to see what the week ahead brings. I havent stopped thinking about this thread for more than an hour since Friday...

Thanks guys.

Lightning don't do anything that will put you out of your financial comfort zone, Lambo is a toy only buy one when you can afford to own it without thinking about it.

I know all the guys here mean well and we would love to see "Lambo Owner" in your avatar, the car in question seems to be 100% exactly what you want but please don't succumb to peer pressure, you the only one that knows your finances

inside out, if you can afford it comfortably go for it if you can't wait until you can, if Blue V10 still has it for sale when you ready than you are in luck. Life is a bitch sometimes, the right opportunity at the wrong time :icon_mrgreen:

Blue V10 I hope my advice to Lightning hasn't offended you, I am not trying to take anything away from your car, to be honest with you the price is absolutely insane, the color, condition, specs, flawless I am sure you will move it soon.

Please follow the link to see what $85k + buys us here http://tiny.cc/jzdlo

Lightning don't do anything that will put you out of your financial comfort zone, Lambo is a toy only buy one when you can afford to own it without thinking about it.

I know all the guys here mean well and we would love to see "Lambo Owner" in your avatar, the car in question seems to be 100% exactly what you want but please don't succumb to peer pressure, you the only one that knows your finances

inside out, if you can afford it comfortably go for it if you can't wait until you can, if Blue V10 still has it for sale when you ready than you are in luck. Life is a bitch sometimes, the right opportunity at the wrong time :icon_mrgreen:

Blue V10 I hope my advice to Lightning hasn't offended you, I am not trying to take anything away from your car, to be honest with you the price is absolutely insane, the color, condition, specs, flawless I am sure you will move it soon.

I am happy to see someone posting this. I was going to but wasn't sure if it was appropriate or not.

Beautiful car, V10. GLWS!

Thanks guys. Yes, when I got the car I was older and had no financial issues. I didn't have to think if I could afford to get the car fixed and that was a good thing.

On the other hand, "he who dies with the most toys wins"

You never know if you will get hit by a car tomorrow, or develop MS or somehow be unable to drive a care like this and you don't want to be kicking yourself up in heaven that you never got to hit 8200rpm in 4th gear up that long hill....

Damn.... must.... drive.... Gallardo...

:icon_super:

It's very true, BUT, when I was looking the exact car I wanted came on the market for the right price but I wasn't ready. Then after I bought my car it came on the market again and I wasn't ready again. :(

Still you have to balance reality with dreams. Too many people in this country put their dreams first and then reality bites them in the ass.

Thanks guys. Yes, when I got the car I was older and had no financial issues. I didn't have to think if I could afford to get the car fixed and that was a good thing.

On the other hand, "he who dies with the most toys wins"

You never know if you will get hit by a car tomorrow, or develop MS or somehow be unable to drive a care like this and you don't want to be kicking yourself up in heaven that you never got to hit 8200rpm in 4th gear up that long hill....

Damn.... must.... drive.... Gallardo...

:icon_super:

LOL

It's very true, BUT, when I was looking the exact car I wanted came on the market for the right price but I wasn't ready. Then after I bought my car it came on the market again and I wasn't ready again. :(

Still you have to balance reality with dreams. Too many people in this country put their dreams first and then reality bites them in the ass.

I guess if you look at it that way you will never be "ready" the higher your net worth the higher your expectations are so there is always an element of risk associated with purchases you always tend to push yourself out of your

comfort zone.

It depends on how risk averse you are, what's very comfortable to me in terms of risk others would consider suicide.

The wisest thing to do is figure out where your risk is better placed, toys in my opinion aren't worth the risk, the risk factor with them from a financial point of view should be as close to zero as possible, some of my rules, if you lease the

car the monthly payments shouldn't exceed more than 5% of your monthly income if bought outright I would never spend on a car more than 30% of my total annual income.

That's on toys please don't ask me how much risk I take in business :icon_mrgreen:

If your dream is to drive a Lambo and you can't afford it 100% but you are fairly close I would look at mitigating that because I believe you should never deprive yourself and always follow your dreams.

Lightning listen to me very carefully, take a brown paper bag fill it with cash buy some beers go over to Blue V10's house and make him an offer that he can't refuse business is all about give and take, he gives you take :icon_mrgreen:

Guys just wanted to say thanks again for the heart-felt advice in this thread, it is greatly appreciated. :) As was said previously, timing is everything, and you always have to find that balance between "wants' and "needs".

Heres another TTT for probably the BEST Gallardo deal in the country right now! It is killing me right now to be so on the fence about pulling the trigger, but I have no doubt that whoever does is going to be smiling ear to ear.

Smoking deal Blue-V10! :icon_thumleft: Thanks for being the type of seller every buyer hopes to find!! :icon_super:

Guys just wanted to say thanks again for the heart-felt advice in this thread, it is greatly appreciated. :) As was said previously, timing is everything, and you always have to find that balance between "wants' and "needs".

Heres another TTT for probably the BEST Gallardo deal in the country right now! It is killing me right now to be so on the fence about pulling the trigger, but I have no doubt that whoever does is going to be smiling ear to ear.

Smoking deal Blue-V10! :icon_thumleft: Thanks for being the type of seller every buyer hopes to find!! :icon_super:

+1 on what lightning said. I have been trading emails with Blue-V10 and he has been nothing but very open and helpful. Perhaps I am doing this to help push lightning along :eusa_dance:

If When I'm ready to buy a Lambo here in Oz I'm moving to the US and buying two!!

Lightning congrats on your success so far. It sounds like u r on the path to even more success :)

I guess if you look at it that way you will never be "ready" the higher your net worth the higher your expectations are so there is always an element of risk associated with purchases you always tend to push yourself out of your

comfort zone.

It depends on how risk averse you are, what's very comfortable to me in terms of risk others would consider suicide.

The wisest thing to do is figure out where your risk is better placed, toys in my opinion aren't worth the risk, the risk factor with them from a financial point of view should be as close to zero as possible, some of my rules, if you lease the

car the monthly payments shouldn't exceed more than 5% of your monthly income if bought outright I would never spend on a car more than 30% of my total annual income.

That's on toys please don't ask me how much risk I take in business :icon_mrgreen:

If your dream is to drive a Lambo and you can't afford it 100% but you are fairly close I would look at mitigating that because I believe you should never deprive yourself and always follow your dreams.

Lightning listen to me very carefully, take a brown paper bag fill it with cash buy some beers go over to Blue V10's house and make him an offer that he can't refuse business is all about give and take, he gives you take :icon_mrgreen:

Well said, I'm very risk adverse. So I set an amount I wanted to spend, waited till I found the right car and paid cash. Then it was out of the way.

Best deal in the country??? This sucks! My wife is pissed with how little the car is worth compared to what the car sold for in 2005. Maybe I need to add a $5000 documentation fee? Destination fee?

I remember asking about a Ford GT around the same time. I probably could have purchased the one my local dealer had for $15k over list. The markup irritated me a lot, and besides, I had driven a Gallardo at Kerbeck in NJ and loved it. I also had an AWD Porsche and I knew how great AWD was for a 500HP car. Now a 2004 Ford GT sells for a lot more than a Gallardo and even with the dealer markup would have resulted in less loss on resale. So what? The Gallardo is the best car I ever owned and the best handling car I ever drove.

People in the market for a Gallardo aren't fools. If I say the brakes are good it isn't too hard to look at them and see the wear. If there is a terrible noise in 3rd gear on a test drive the buyer will hear it.

I'd rather understate the car and surprise a buyer on the upside than promise the moon and deliver a stinker. (Business or psychology 101)