TT reliability / issues:

villains_lambo

Ben had a thread about it on LP, but I heard more straight from him.

I personally think a 3 owner, 30K mile, pulverised GTT, that was the test bed for ALL GTT's, should be taken out of the equation.

I personally think a 3 owner, 30K mile, pulverised GTT, that was the test bed for ALL GTT's, should be taken out of the equation.

Considering it was TT-G one and had the history you describe I agree 100%.

Ben did have some legitimate complaints about other things, but that just his side of the story, and I'd not repeat what he said because I don't have full and clear recollection of what all he told me. I think that'd be best left to talking to Ben himself.

Well I finally got a ride in a TT'd G. It was a Heffner build on a 560-4. Stock motor...something like 6lbs of boost...and all i can say is HOLY SHIT!!! I mean...I was straight frightened.

The guys from Exotics Boutique hammered on that car for the full rally (2k miles) and drove it back to LA from Vegas...and spent a couple hours on the track at Spring Mountain. So without question the car took a beating and kept running strong. They were on the stock clutch in that car too...and it seemed to be holding up, but it was only a few thousand miles I believe since they were putting down the power.

One thing I would say is an absolute MUST along with any of these, would be the CCBs...perhaps it was the driver :-) but without them, I think we may have died :-)

Couple questions if anyone has answers:

Is the 08, or earlier G, as reasonable to do the bolt-on setup to as the 560? I thought I remembered hearing something about the the 560 being substantially better, but is that true or did I misread?

UGR - above you have the AEM engine management listed on the bolt-on setup. is that the case? asking cause the guys i rode with and I believe Heffner's site says they are using the stock ECU, only chipped or whatever obviously (also a boost controller I believe). So wondering how you guys are doing it on the bolt on kit. Or perhaps that is also an advantage to the 560 - using the stock ECU vs. on the earlier models (didn't they go from 2 ECUs on the 04-08 to only 1 on the 560?)

Villain,

On all of our packages we carry a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty. The 1000 WHP on pump gas is out most popular upgrade! See link below.

all of the packages with full engine builds right? bolt-on style, you are on your own if you have a failure right?

Well I finally got a ride in a TT'd G. It was a Heffner build on a 560-4. Stock motor...something like 6lbs of boost...and all i can say is HOLY SHIT!!! I mean...I was straight frightened.

The guys from Exotics Boutique hammered on that car for the full rally (2k miles) and drove it back to LA from Vegas...and spent a couple hours on the track at Spring Mountain. So without question the car took a beating and kept running strong. They were on the stock clutch in that car too...and it seemed to be holding up, but it was only a few thousand miles I believe since they were putting down the power.

One thing I would say is an absolute MUST along with any of these, would be the CCBs...perhaps it was the driver :-) but without them, I think we may have died :-)

Couple questions if anyone has answers:

Is the 08, or earlier G, as reasonable to do the bolt-on setup to as the 560? I thought I remembered hearing something about the the 560 being substantially better, but is that true or did I misread?

UGR - above you have the AEM engine management listed on the bolt-on setup. is that the case? asking cause the guys i rode with and I believe Heffner's site says they are using the stock ECU, only chipped or whatever obviously (also a boost controller I believe). So wondering how you guys are doing it on the bolt on kit. Or perhaps that is also an advantage to the 560 - using the stock ECU vs. on the earlier models (didn't they go from 2 ECUs on the 04-08 to only 1 on the 560?)

I believe the AEM piggybacks the ECU.. Stock clutch is good for around 1100whp

all of the packages with full engine builds right? bolt-on style, you are on your own if you have a failure right?

The engine warranty only comes with the engine build. All bolt on upgraded parts have the 2 year 24k mile warranty besides the engine.

We add the Motec or AEM. Stock computer stays in place. Wait until you ride on one with a built engine :icon_mrgreen:

We add the Motec or AEM. Stock computer stays in place. Wait until you ride on one with a built engine :icon_mrgreen:

Yeah, I hung out with Grady for a bit out there...We just opened an office in NC, so I'll hang out with him when I go out there and see what that kinda monster feels like. The bolt on almost made me vomit, so I assume I will need a bucket when going for a ride in the 1khp car :-)

Yeah, I hung out with Grady for a bit out there...We just opened an office in NC, so I'll hang out with him when I go out there and see what that kinda monster feels like. The bolt on almost made me vomit, so I assume I will need a bucket when going for a ride in the 1khp car :-)

Ok, sounds good!

Was the car running race gas or pump?

Was the car running race gas or pump?

The 560 was on pump gas for sure...and we were driving Seattle to LA and then Vegas, so it was 91 octane everywhere but WA I am pretty sure.

The 560 was on pump gas for sure...and we were driving Seattle to LA and then Vegas, so it was 91 octane everywhere but WA I am pretty sure.

And you thought it was soo fast you almost threw up? Wow, you will shit yourself in other cars making more power.. I believe on pump that car makes like 700@ the wheels.

• 8 months later...

Hey guys im new to this board, and had a couple of questions about the UGR kit. Im looking to go atleast 700-850HP. Also the most here in WA is 92 octane, will this be good enough for a TTG?

-How reliable will are they in terms of the Stage 1 kit?

-Anyparticular problems I should look out for down the road after install?

Thanks

Dion

Hey guys im new to this board, and had a couple of questions about the UGR kit. Im looking to go atleast 700-850HP. Also the most here in WA is 92 octane, will this be good enough for a TTG?

-How reliable will are they in terms of the Stage 1 kit?

-Anyparticular problems I should look out for down the road after install?

Thanks

Dion

Out of the 40 Lambos we have completed TT builds on, we have only built 1 bolt on system. The only bolt on we have done has been running great. I always recommend an engine build ESP in the 04-08 Gallardos. If you go with the Stage 2 you will get a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty including the engine.

Let me know if you have anymore questions..

Thanks, Kevin Howeth

[email protected]

704-361-3443