Where do you get your news?

Destructo

I don't do straight up news anymore, but for a macro outlook, opinion, analysis, business, world, sports news I go to these sites daily, which pull items from every major news publication, website, and blog in the world, left, center, right, north and south.

http://realclearpolitics.com/

http://www.realclearworld.com/

http://www.realclearmarkets.com/?state=noad

http://www.realclearsports.com/

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Faux News and MSNBS would be great if the OTHER party had to watch it (i.e., Dems watch Faux, GOPs watch MSNBC).

It's the fact that they perpetuate misinformation to the 'sheep' of each side that causes the problem.

Fixed it for you Wiggs :icon_thumleft:

Fixed it for you Wiggs :icon_thumleft:

Love it! I couldn't think of a clever way to manipulate the name! :lol2:

For real stuff:

WSJ, NY Times, Yahoo News (which is mainly from AP)

For attempting (but failing to get) real news:

CNN (They just don't report fcuking NEWS anymore! It's like a 24-hour-long version of Good Morning America or something. Talking about silly little domestic human interest stories and how you can lose weight or save pennies on your car insurance plan instead of reporting when shit is blowing up in Pakistan or Darfur).

For the ridiculously biased yet sometimes entertaining shit, that OCCASIONALLY digs up a kernel of useful info that the other side, or the mainstream sources, don't bother to report:

Fox News and MSNBC (Both are like freaking cartoons though, they're so clearly dumbed down to their demographic and full of shit 98% of the time.)

Quick scan-throughs on most days of:

Drudge Report, Slate, Salon.com, and sometimes the NY Post (mainly for entertainment purposes)

What's insane is how headline news used to be a 30min. CNN program, NOW it's fcuking Us Weekly on TV!!

What constitutes as 'news' these days, be it on TV or in magazines is retarded.

I know!! CNN, and at least Headline News, used to be real "go-to" places for real news. Now they're total fluff.

What's insane is how headline news used to be a 30min. CNN program, NOW it's fcuking Us Weekly on TV!!

What constitutes as 'news' these days, be it on TV or in magazines is retarded.

What I do notice about all 'news' sources is this:

The conservative sources always have so much more anger than the liberal ones and that liberal-biased 'news' sources embellish and spin in favor of their agenda whilst many conservative 'sources' flat out make shit up or give credence to things that are too ridiculous to ever be worthy of mention.

I'm not saying this is always true or that the reverse doesn't happen; simply that this is the trend.

Left or Right, I don't know how ANYONE could ever watch a news station that had Palin on as a 'contributor'. that is, unless she was 'contributing' strictly on how to pass your daughter's retarded baby off as your own. Then, in THAT case, she should have her own network.

CNN at least TRIES to be 'balanced' by offering an equal amount of people from each party, etc.

5 months ago I decide to stop watching news all together, every time you watch the news is filled with murder stories, horrifying car crashes, market collapses, interest rate rises, end of the world predictions, global warming stories written by crazy tree huggers and a host of other scary rubbish that you can not do anything about you just register and go through the whole range of emotions allow it to bring you down all day or in some instances stay with you forever, what is the point in knowing it.

Celebrity news?? PLEASE. I would have more fun counting the hairs on my head using a boxing glove.

I've never been happier to be honest, I will never watch news again :icon_thumleft:

If this world will come to an end I am sure I will hear about it on LP :icon_mrgreen:

:iamwithstupid:

I quit watching it a few years back.. too much negativity..

People doing good things brings ZERO ratings. People doing horrible things, that's what gets ya the big bucks!!!

It's a shame.

I get my news updates from Lambopower. :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid:

If it's important it's on LP. And most of the time the big stories are posed here first :icon_thumleft:

NY times

Google News

and lately, been listening to NPR. Drives me crazy sometimes but other times it's ok. Only the radio works in my car for the moment, so I had to take a break from my gangsta rap :icon_mrgreen: .

www.nytimes.com for the internet

CNN and BBC on tv

I do want to get a subscription to the Economist as well, but its not news though.

on igoogle the ones i visit frequently:

tmz - celeb news duh

wwtdd - nude celebs sometimes

speedhunters - good jdm tyte coverage

autoblog - car news

cnn - news source

lambopower news!

if it doesn't make it on here it's usually not worth knowing about.

xe.com

and like some others I don't watch the news or any of that, it's all hyped for ratings, news is just another from of entertainment. I just find out things by accident as plenty of people talk crap about crap.

Good question, last few years have really showed up bias reporting from different places, in the UK and US the governments dragged the reporters before committees and came down hard of negative financial reporting - for a while that worked with most stories trying to find the +ve view and hiding any -ve stuff at the end of the story - I remember a few months back the BBC lead story was UK unemployment falls - WSJ reported the same figures but lead with the headline Uk unemployment hits new highs! Amazing the differences in news stories from various sites.

For me WSJ wins followed by the FT, then BBC sometime they do cover some god stuff, Bloomberg is very dry but sometimes good, for all car related news LP seems to beat most sites with the good news.

My sister works in PR and if I didn’t already know a little about how the press works..., talking to her about work shows a different light on reporting – she writes a story about X which happens to have a quote from her client or references a clients business then typically the reporters just print it without even checking the facts – seems reporters just need to pick from the PR generated pre-written stories a few each day to send off to the editor – easy job! The need for 24 hour news must have caused a boom in PR work.

SJ

AP

Huffington

Lambo Power

Jalopnik

NY Times, if I pick up a copy at school

Daily Show

I don't really watch local news, I wait to hear about it - sometimes check local sites out. I'll scan CNN, MSNBC, FOX occasionally - mostly just to get a laugh.