Super Trofeo in Brno

More of Ithaca Super Trofeo car:

The Super Trofeo looks unbelievable, stick a full interior trim in it and there is your Superleggera.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scary! Do these SuperTrafeo cars have ESP?

I doubt those racing cars have ESP. That would be a joke.

Poor performance by the fire fighters... Think the people won't trained to handle such job... Look at them, they are around doing nothing for a good few mins.

I didn't see him get out of the car... lucky to be alive. That fire got huge fast.

My bet is that he was either stunned or unconscious. I had a nasty shut at over 140mph few years ago and it doesn't feel that great when you hit

So, when something like this happens and the fire is that large, do they attempt to spray the cockpit first to prevent the driver area from catching, or do they immediately tackle the spill of fuel and the source? I understand that it's the heat that burns and they wear fire retardant suits, but it looked like some guys were spraying the ground, which seems pretty dumb considering someone was still in the car and the fire was huge. Maybe it depends on what exactly they are spraying.

in the video it looked like at least one of the guys was spraying the cockpit area.

What a nightmare, without the fire his odds would've been so much better.

BMWRACER you were absolutely correct he should've stayed longer on the grass and enter the track more gradually.

Primary training emphasiases on getting the driver/people away from the fire but while looking after you own safety foremost.

But unsystematically spraying fire retardant onto the track while standing from the grandstand. :eusa_wall:

You can definately see inadequately trained crews out there.

If its the usual case, most of them are volunteers but this shouldn't be an excuse.

BMWRACER you were absolutely correct he should've stayed longer on the grass and enter the track more gradually.

The Trofero series was set up for "gentleman racers", ie there are a lot of amateurs involved. Check out some of the youtube vids, it seems that lot of Troferos have already been bent/banged up on the track. This gent was very lucky!

Does anyone know if these cars have fire systems and fuel cells?

Fire system for sure but fuel cell i don't know, i would hope so . Anyway, the car doesn't look safe to me. After seeing that video i wouldn't race one.

Fire system for sure but fuel cell i don't know, i would hope so . Anyway, the car doesn't look safe to me. After seeing that video i wouldn't race one.

If you look closely I think you can see the Fire Bottle broken away from the car. Doesn't look safe to me either.

I read on another site that it was Lambo's own Manfred Fitzgerald that pulled the guy from the fiery crash wearing a short sleeved shirt admist the fire.

From autoblog:

Lamborghini canceled the remainder of the event and rounds six and seven have been indefinitely nixed as well.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/05/24/massive...occ-in-intensi/

Those pics really tell a story. You can see the red fire system bottle broken free, it flys away from the crashed car, then it gets run over by the rear wheel of another car causing it to rupture.

I didn't notice before the nose section of the car completely broken free! I guess the road car spec aluminium crumple zone is far beyond its design intention.