Where is the Gallardo outside air temp sensor located?

sprite

I know...It seems to be dead on accurate from 30 deg F to 70 deg F. After that, it's worthless.

The sensors are usually located in the cowl area near the air intake for the climate control system (but not sure if that's where it is on the Gallardo).

I believe the car needs to be moving to get accurate temperatures.

Doesn't seem to matter in the Gallardo...80 deg actual reads 95 deg even while cruising on the highway.

All of the temperature gauges I have see in Gallardos are way off (about 4-5 degree C, = way more in F). At any temperature...

Probably for "safety" reasons. ;) Just like the speedometers....

Glad I saw this thread. I knew my temp gauge was way off. I guess it's the Italian way of saying, 'hey, don't worry, it's close enough...we don't worry about silly temperatures'.

Those wacky Italians!...

It is next to the bottom of the front bumper. And it is an accurate reflection of road temperatures, not air temperatures... Or at least that is what I tell people... :) :)

It is next to the bottom of the front bumper. And it is an accurate reflection of road temperatures, not air temperatures... Or at least that is what I tell people... :) :)

You may actually have a very valid point. If it is that close to the ground, it will pick up the radiant heat off the pavement. Which tends to be higher than the ambient air temp. That may have just explained it....

• 11 months later...

bringing this back fro the dead! lol does this sensor affect the cars ecu at all? I notice when mine is reading 110 outside even though its about 80 the 1-5 and 6-10 bank codes love to start flashing me

That is exactly what I was told....road temp for tire holding, racing.