best year motor.....

anton28

That is also what I have heard. Maybe Roy can inform us more on the details why?

ECU

So if one was going to mod the car and get the ecu re-flashed it wouldn't matter if you started with a 03 or any other pre-LP year murcie?

So if one was going to mod the car and get the ecu re-flashed it wouldn't matter if you started with a 03 or any other pre-LP year murcie?

Correct

So can the issues regarding the throttle bodies having to be sync'd on the MY02 be sorted permanently by reflashing the ECU? Or is this something that you will always need the LDAS/LARAS system to sort out?

Why is the 03 murci engine considered the best one out of all none LP cars? Is it the tune or are the actual internal components stronger?

Been said that 02/03 cars pull harder than the others :Y

• 1 month later...
So can the issues regarding the throttle bodies having to be sync'd on the MY02 be sorted permanently by reflashing the ECU? Or is this something that you will always need the LDAS/LARAS system to sort out?

Does anyone have more info on this?

Nick

Its said that the throttle body's open faster on the 02/03 models thats why they feel to pull harder. The programming is the same for the 02 and the 03. Both cars have there ideal speed adj. thru LDAS. Once the ideal speed is set if you keep the throttle body's clean it will only need adj. every few years. The 04 and up models adj. ideal speed on there own every 3 sec. The 02/03 can not be changed to programming of 04.

I think the speed in which the throttle body's open and close was changed to help the 04 work better with egear but I don't know that for sure.